[survey] Second Life questionnaire - 5th year thesis study

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 81 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I come back after a (very) long time. I don't think anyone is reading me now, but I still wanted to answer (although given the number of comments I couldn't answer all of them individually).

First of all, despite all the negative (and often nasty) comments I thank you for your responses which, despite your feedback in the forum, were mostly serious and interesting.

I still want to clarify that no, my thesis is NOT on SL. This study represents only a tiny part of my thesis which, after your return, has been reduced even more.

I understand your nervousness about this questionnaire which, I admit, was not up to expectations. I did read your comments, though for the most part really mean, which helped me reshape a few things. Contrary to what you may think, my questionnaire didn't have as much negative feedback in my French version, so the language barrier has something to do with it as well.

Anyway, thank you and sorry to all for bothered you with this survey.

ps: regarding anonymity issues, I don't have any information about your identities. So if, from what you're telling me, this is false and I could indeed have them (don't worry, I'm absolutely not interested about that) I apologize too.

Have a nice day, all the best.

• Like 1

Hi, @AikaFuwa25!

I came in late, but I read all the comments. Please try to take them as constructive criticism. This thread has not been "nasty". (You should see what we can sink to, sometimes!  That could be the subject of a whole other thesis.)

We get a LOT of requests like yours. I think maybe four or five a year.  So you can see why some of us are pretty tired of being lab rats, asked to respond to the same questions over and over.

We also know, from experience, that Second Life can't be characterized by any survey form.  This is why several people suggested that you get yourself in world and OBSERVE, and/or TALK TO RESIDENTS yourself. That's much messier than a neat set of questions and pigeonhole answers, but it can actually yield meaningful insights.

Good luck with your studies.

• Like 5

Ohhhh, great. 😃 Just in the mood to tell someoneone off.
 Calling for mean and nasty, no problem...

2 hours ago, AikaFuwa25 said:

despite all the negative (and often nasty) comments

Oh poor, poor special snowflake, "Mama, people on the internet were bad to me after I told them to do my homework!"

I thank you for your responses which, despite your feedback in the forum, were mostly serious and interesting.

So sorry that the world doesn't completely evolve around you... actually not, but well.

This study represents only a tiny part of my thesis which, after your return, has been reduced even more.

What return? Reduced? Hu?

I understand your nervousness

Nervousness? Are you drunk or what?

I did read your comments, though for the most part really mean

What a selfish... ungrateful... brick-faced... self-centered something you are...

so the language barrier has something to do with it as well.

You mean your failure to properly translate things that you wanted to know...

Have a nice day, all the best.

Whatever.

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 81 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.