PROBLEM WITH LELUTKA EVOLX HEAD MATERIALS

Caroline Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HELLO SECONDLIFE COMMUNITY LONGTIME NO ENTER HERE, I DO THINGS TO TRIAL AND ERROR I DO NOT CONSIDER MYSELF EXPERT BUT NEITHER NEW BUT ONCE MORE I NEED YOUR HELP GUYS, SINCE I STILL EXPERIMENTING WITH THE EVOLX HEAD WITHOUT ANY MORE PREAMBLES, I WANT YOU TO OBSERVE THAT I AM IN ULTRA MODE AND THE MATERIAL IN MY HEAD IS IN GLOSSY MODE  (LELUTKA EVOX HUD)BUT IT HAS THIS KIND OF SCRATCHED TEXTURE AND I DON'T KNOW WHY; MY FRIEND WHO IS ALWAYS IN ULTRA DOES NOT HAVE THAT PROBLEM HER FACE LOOKS SMOOTH BUT GLOSSY WITHOUT UGLY SCRATCHES OR BUMPS THAT APPEARS ON MINE, I NEED HELP GUYS TO FIX THIS!

sl EVOLXHEAD.jpg

I once again took two photos with the same head hud that it brings for lelutka evol and lelutka evolx, now if you observe, both are with the glossy material and I am in Ultra with the parameters I have always used and I see that with the head Evol classic is all good and with the head evol x is with bumps, I don't know why, I don't think it's the skin or maybe there's a bug!

P. D.  Both head are with different skins!

Matririal Wrong.jpg

Edited by Caroline Heartsong

I suspect you are using an applier to add the problem skin. If so then the odd appearance is likely from the Materials being applied with the skin or a previous skin. Try clearing the Normal Map layer and see if that solves the problem.

The Normal Map is going to have different names in different HUDs. In Slink Redux there is a Skin Materials On and Off that enables of disables both Materials layers. In previous Slink versions there was an Effects section in the HUD and one had control over Materials in that section.

In the right side image, the pattern on the right side could be from a couple of things. But on the left side of that image the edge of the shadow shows a clear 3D texture which only comes from the Normal Map.

Notice the eyelids, nose, nose bridge, and forehead in the right image has nice skin texture and some pronounced wrinkles. In the left image the skin in those places is smooth and looks way plastic. Way too much shine in both. The left image is a common problem in computer models. I think the skin in the right image is an attempt to be more realistic. Just something isn't right. Try adjusting Shine, Bump aka Normal, and reflection.

53 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I suspect you are using an applier to add the problem skin. If so then the odd appearance is likely from the Materials being applied with the skin or a previous skin. Try clearing the Normal Map layer and see if that solves the problem.

The Normal Map is going to have different names in different HUDs. In Slink Redux there is a Skin Materials On and Off that enables of disables both Materials layers. In previous Slink versions there was an Effects section in the HUD and one had control over Materials in that section.

In the right side image, the pattern on the right side could be from a couple of things. But on the left side of that image the edge of the shadow shows a clear 3D texture which only comes from the Normal Map.

Notice the eyelids, nose, nose bridge, and forehead in the right image has nice skin texture and some pronounced wrinkles. In the left image the skin in those places is smooth and looks way plastic. Way too much shine in both. The left image is a common problem in computer models. I think the skin in the right image is an attempt to be more realistic. Just something isn't right. Try adjusting Shine, Bump aka Normal, and reflection.

Applier skins don't work on EvoX.

This feature has been removed on Evolution X. Skins can ONLY be applied using BOM on this line. (HD eyeshadow, lipsticks, etcetera… will still use appliers.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Applier skins don't work on EvoX.

This feature has been removed on Evolution X. Skins can ONLY be applied using BOM on this line. (HD eyeshadow, lipsticks, etcetera… will still use appliers.)

So true, evox is created with different uv map and the skin i am using is Ivesxmoccino petra skin look very realistic,  but in the other hand when i am using the material glossy skin in the Lelutka evol x hud the skin show bumps, dunno why?  All here is HD as you said.

A few moments ago testing my other heads LELUTKA EVOL X lake, lilly (both were upgraded to EVOLX heads) and Briannon evolx I realized that I have the same situation with all heads, if I use glossy or classic material that comes with the evolx hud in young I have this problem but if I use it in Mature it doesn't have the problem and the material works fine, I need help and explanation !?

Matririal Wron3.jpg

27 minutes ago, Caroline Heartsong said:

A few moments ago testing my other heads LELUTKA EVOL X lake, lilly (both were upgraded to EVOLX heads) and Briannon evolx I realized that I have the same situation with all heads, if I use glossy or classic material that comes with the evolx hud in young I have this problem but if I use it in Mature it doesn't have the problem and the material works fine, I need help and explanation !?

Matririal Wron3.jpg

Have you tried it with different skins?

Lelutka has a discord group which may be more helpful.

Skin looks this way when it has not completely rezzed. Or the tats haven't rezzed. Some days it can take 5 or more minutes for a texture to rez. Other days some textures simply never rez.

I've tried all the tricks I know to get a stubborn texture to rez and nothing has worked. In such cases I suspect a problem at the CDN server level. Eventually something changes and the texture will rez one day. But my problem swimsuit took weeks... ...and clearing the cache did not help.

It s a complicated read but you can press Ctrl-Shift-3 to open the texture console and see if a texture is not completely loading. For info on the panel see the wiki.

You may have to wait 5 to 10 minutes for everything around you to load. Don't move the camera or it will never finish. But eventually the cue empties... or gets down to 2 or 3 textures loading every few seconds as things around you change.

The texture not loading may or may not show as loading. If the viewer thinks it has loaded when it hasn't... it will show as loaded. You can try rezzing the thing on the ground... something you can't do with skin or tats... and doing Texture Refresh (a Firestorm thing) to force a reload.

Edited by Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.