How to have a baby in sl?

You can't really have babies in Second Life - you can however have pretend babies that someone will sell to you via a HUD and system.

As far as I am aware, unless you are God you do indeed need two people in order to conceive.

If you just want a baby without all the pregnancy business then I am sure you can find prim babies on the marketplace too.

1 hour ago, Jax Leeder said:

You can't really have babies in Second Life - you can however have pretend babies that someone will sell to you via a HUD and system.

As far as I am aware, unless you are God you do indeed need two people in order to conceive.

If you just want a baby without all the pregnancy business then I am sure you can find prim babies on the marketplace too.

Well yes and no. For the most part your right mate. I just want to add that some systems you actually do give birth though. I don't think they work anymore as the creator hasn't update the scripts, but the OnDuty system you actually delivered a baby. The Mama Allpha system you also deliver a baby. They are just basic prim babies, but they do pop out of you. lol Also the POOTERBILT system has an Instant Pregnancy Pill that can be used for that system. Not sure how the artificial insemination works with other systems as I've never looked in to it. Most people generally have a partner to share all those expenses with.😎

To the OP I would recommend this. Since it's only going to be you I would role play the pregnancy out. Save your money on huds and crap. Do your own pregnancy shapes up and stuff. Then buy a baby fresh off the market or in world. There are several brands out there that are decent. Zooby's for example has a nice selection of babies and baby stuff at their store in world. I used to buy a lot of stuff from there until the owner pulled a lot of her old stuff down and traded in her no transfer product line and replaced it with her no copy ones only in order to try and milk people for more money rather then giving people the option of purchasing what they preferred. That really messed me up on completing my collection of pets when she pulled that mess and refused to sell them anymore so I personally don't shop there very often if at all, but she does have a decent set up for babies so I'll give credit where credit is due. They grow up from infant to toddler stage and they are interactive. She also sells interactive furniture for them as well too and clothes and stuff. So that may be worth looking in to. Hope this helps some and good luck.😎

Basically what everybody else said.

Really, it's as simple as going to a store like Zooby, picking a baby, rezzing the baby...Boom, your baby.

Zooby also has a body out called Love Momma that does the full monty, from conception to birth.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

... that does the full monty, from conception to birth.

Hu?

Anyway, the level of detail of such play can vary to whatever degree you like.

Just want some piece of decoration? Look at the Black Bantam models. 

Something interactive? Probably Zooby or, whatstheyname, Funsies or something?

... That the body contains those scripts for simulation purposes, beyond being a useless ripoff .... errr, I mean, a-, a-, another ... mesh... body...

1 hour ago, federica192 said:

But in general what do you think on pregnancy on sl?

Some play family due to any kind of impossibility in RL, some roleplay and for some, it's their kink... whatever rocks your boat, I guess.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, federica192 said:

But how is it lived in real life? Do they feel the same kind of emotions? I’m afraid to confuse rl with sl a bit too much😅

Everything done in SL is, in effect, role play.  No one is actually having slex in order to get pregnant.  No one is having morning sickness or swollen ankles.  You can role play those things, of course.  You can make it seem as "real" as you'd like.  I'm sure some people feel very attached to their SL families.  I don't personally understand that but it's different for every person.  

As far as separating RL from SL?  You log off.  There is no baby crying at 3 am (unless you have a RL infant).  

• Like 2

Pregnancies and child-bearing in SL are much like what little girls do with baby dolls. You "make pretend". Or simply Roleplay. Any relationships are up to the given users involved, and unlike RL they can just walk off with no strings attached if they choose to do so.

I feel you may be thinking SL is something it's not in this regard.. Rowan has said it pretty well.

• Like 2

I agree with you but having heard several people talk to me about this topic and about SL in general as if it were real life, I wanted to know if pregnancy was also experienced in this way. even some have the same feelings as a real pregnancy. is that a little too much?
  • Haha 2

On 8/19/2021 at 6:05 AM, Jax Leeder said:

unless you are God you do indeed need two people in order to conceive

In SL you can just buy the baby, or you can just but a pregnancy belly and a baby, or just the belly and never have a baby, You can do whatever you want, have whatever parts you want of the experience,

On 8/19/2021 at 9:32 AM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Something interactive? Probably Zooby or, whatstheyname, Funsies or something?

the ultimate interactive is to find someone to roleplay your child, with their own child avatar

33 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

the ultimate interactive is to find someone to roleplay your child, with their own child avatar

I don't think suggesting that to this particular person is a good idea. Just a feeling I get.

11 minutes ago, federica192 said:

But who decides to have a child with their partner is because they really love him? And than how do you do it? Do we move in together?

There are no answer to your questions.  Everyone has their own way of doing everything in SL.  If you find someone who wants to have a family, then these are ALL things to discuss with them.  Some women have children without a man being a part of the family.  Some men adopt children with their partners.  Some women adopt children.  Some women seem to collect children from as many different men as possible.  Like some sort of game.  

You need to decide what it all means to YOU.  Every single person will have their own unique experience if they decide to have children in SL.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I don't think suggesting that to this particular person is a good idea. Just a feeling I get.

Well of course others who are interested might be looking in, so just putting all the options out there.