Lost It ALL!

Farris Fargis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am using Firestorm v.6.4.21.64531 (64 bit). When I logged-in today I noticed first that all of my textures were missing. Investigating further I found that EVERYTHING in my Inventory is missing. The only thing left are the file folders.

I then downloaded and installed the Second Life viewer Release 6.4.22.561752 (64bit). And VOILA! .. my inventory is intact on this viewer.

What do I have to do to get my inventory back on Firestorm?

Thank you!

13 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Farris Fargis said:

I am using Firestorm v.6.4.21.64531 (64 bit). When I logged-in today I noticed first that all of my textures were missing. Investigating further I found that EVERYTHING in my Inventory is missing. The only thing left are the file folders.

I then downloaded and installed the Second Life viewer Release 6.4.22.561752 (64bit). And VOILA! .. my inventory is intact on this viewer.

What do I have to do to get my inventory back on Firestorm?

Thank you!

Clear inventory cache and relog.

• Thanks 1

You don't need a button. You need https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_cache_clear .  And don't panic yet.  Your local cache just has a downloaded copy of the inventory that is in the LL asset servers (or wherever they buried them now that everything is in AWS).  When you clear inventory cache properly, you should get a fresh download.  If you still have trouble, contact Live Chat (if you are premium) or maybe deal with Firestorm's support group.

Edited by Rolig Loon

5 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

the inventory that is in the LL asset servers (or wherever they buried them now that everything is in AWS). 

Just wanted to add for anyone NEWISH that the citizens here on the forums have proved over and over and OVER again that you really CAN LOSE YOUR INVENTORY.   I have lost thousands of USD worth over the last 13 years. Even LL admited there were actual losses years ago when so many folks all at once were complaining.   So for posterity when folks find this thread -- MANY times you can get MOST things back when it "appears" you have a loss. Sometimes === you really DO have one.  

In that case remember REDELIVERY (both in many stores and on the Marketplace) which will help.  Keeping multiple copies of things in various folders within your inventory can sometimes work, but as someone who has done that for many many years -- it is NOT a cure :D.  

We sigh and move on and hope we can replace.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

citizens here on the forums have proved over and over and OVER again that you really CAN LOSE YOUR INVENTORY. 

Yes, that is certainly true.  Rather than strike fear into the heart of the OP, however, I thought it was a good idea to escalate slowly.  Most of the time, simply manually clearing your inventory cache does solve the problem.  When it does, your heart can stop fibrillating and that's that.  On those much rarer occasions when your inventory really has been toasted, Linden Lab can still usually help you get it back again, so that's the second level of panic averted.  I figure that it's best to hold off going to code red until you really have to.  Then you can break out the Kleenex and the scotch for the wake.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I rezzed my tip board earlier on stage at the venue I was about to do a live show....the sim crashed...when I logged back ...my board was gone from the stage...was not in the folder it belonged and was not in lost n found...relogged again...still lost... and no I dont a copy of that board...it was not copyable.  Anyone have any suggestions how to get it back ??  Had my group info...subscribo info....song lists etc....sighs...

4 hours ago, MsNatalie2747 said:

I rezzed my tip board earlier on stage at the venue I was about to do a live show....the sim crashed...when I logged back ...my board was gone from the stage...was not in the folder it belonged and was not in lost n found...relogged again...still lost... and no I dont a copy of that board...it was not copyable.  Anyone have any suggestions how to get it back ??  Had my group info...subscribo info....song lists etc....sighs...

In cases like THAT (or losing a gacha by trying to rez it on badly made mesh which happens more often than sim crashing) you "may" have it appear in a day or so -- back in inventory.  My personal experience on that type of scenario is about a 50 percent chance. It will not necessarily come back in Lost and Found or any other "logical" place.  I have NO idea why that is, but I have had things "returned" in folders where they should never ever been or had never been -- so many times it is ridiculous. So a SEARCH is the best way to see if something is back.   

And while LL will try and get things back for you, I have only had one instance (a necklace that I knew the exact name of because I had blogged it) find itts way back.   I DO suggest that if you have something important to you  for me it is my Firestorm kitty although she has been rezzed every day  and roaming -- ah that roaming can get her in trouble --  every day for maybe six years now) -- to keep the UUID number. This told to me by one of the Linden crew long ago.   I haven't had a case to test the theory but it seems like it would be helpful.  

Definitely not trying to scare anyone, just being realistic. While whole folders do really disappear, it is the odd items now and then that are a reminder that few things are safe -- even copy items and even  items you have made yourself  and have copies of ALL over your inventory and with alts and friends in hopes of mitigating their loss :D.    It's more of an "oh well" to me now but I still remember my first big  inventory loss of all my Home and Garden folder -- long before Caspervend and redelivery -- and even COPY items  :D.   

Hopefully most folks reading this thread will find their stuff is really there by following the Firestorm or Linden "inventory" steps. 

• Like 1

Thank you...I've followed all the instructions that Linden has posted...but still not finding it when I do a search...I know the exact name of my item...feel like it's somewhere on the sim where it went missing...have someone working on that too...hopefully he can find it since he owns the sim... thank you so much for your reply  !!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.