Question about linden homes farm

Vixey Eberdene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

They also need to be within theme if visible outside the home. If you want to breed cows in the confines of your bedroom of your Stilt home I'm not going to judge, but nobody wants to see that on your back deck. 😁

... it is however very real...

floating-farm-rotterdam-goldsmith_dezeen

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/18/2021 at 1:11 PM, Elena Core said:

While it doesn't cover the word 'farm', the convenant is quite clear about the residential character of Bellisseria.

it's just my opinion of course... and a sort of "told you so" .. if the covenant would be better overthought it could be 90% shorter. Adding this, adding that... adding holidays.. a.s.o
Most rules could simply be skipped and changed for : purely residental.
what also would help... maintaining the rules faster, but that would need a larger group moles/ inworld lindens. And who would like to run around all day solving, mostly minor neighbour issues. ( i would, but won't be the best for such job ;) )

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

What gives breedables away is that ugly hoovertext. Can it be turned off?

Yes, or adjusted to just show a name, for instance.  Pets can have hovertext too.  A real breedable operation should be in the sky, out of sight.  Not a single reason why you need that in residential or land level.  I have about 1000 boxes on my breeding platform, and pretty disorganized atm too.  But then, nobody can see them - it's a business not a zoo.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

Hmmm, not to get myself in trouble but this whole thread sparked a question in my mind.  I have a little animated companion cat (a memorial to a sweet, small feline soul who transitioned from RL to virtuality last year) who goes with me everywhere in SL.  Does a companion animal also contribute to the local script/texture load or contribute only as is shown by the avatar complexity of its human?  I suppose that it must contribute but I am just not sure how...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Hmmm, not to get myself in trouble but this whole thread sparked a question in my mind.  I have a little animated companion cat (a memorial to a sweet, small feline soul who transitioned from RL to virtuality last year) who goes with me everywhere in SL.  Does a companion animal also contribute to the local script/texture load or contribute only as is shown by the avatar complexity of its human?  I suppose that it must contribute but I am just not sure how...

Hi Leora. Companion animals work differently, so you're fine :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Halloween in SL starts on September 1st.  Only one week to go.  Any Halloween designer/vendor that is not selling their Halloween items in a week has missed the pumpkin.

From Bellisseria Linden Homes 2 Convenant:

*Decorations should not be placed out any earlier than 30 days in advance of any holiday or season represented and must be removed within 15 days of the holiday or season passing.

Any Halloween decorations in Belli before October 1st can be ARed.  

Good luck with that in the Fantasy and Forest regions

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Halloween in SL starts on September 1st. 

Holidays and seasons in SL -- as far as the Linden Homes covenant goes - are based on RL.

In RL, Halloween is a single day --- Oct 31st.  Therefore, Halloween decorations may be placed out on Oct 1st.

When stores start selling crap for a holiday has no bearing on the holiday itself -- and thus no bearing on the Linden Covenant regarding decorations.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moles
12 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's just my opinion of course... and a sort of "told you so" .. if the covenant would be better overthought it could be 90% shorter. Adding this, adding that... adding holidays.. a.s.o
Most rules could simply be skipped and changed for : purely residental.

Ahhh... if only it were so. Everything from the legal code of your local city or town to the 10 Commandments could basically be boiled down to one simple phrase, "Don't be an a-hole." Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Interpretations of what is and is not a-holeish vary, and people are constantly looking for new loopholes or arguments that since their particular brand of a-holeism isn't expressly forbidden it must therefore be perfectly fine, okay, and generally a good idea. That is why any list of rules for acceptable behavior end up being quite long and usually come with a open ended clause stating that things can be added at any time... because they generally always need to be.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I have a little animated companion cat (a memorial to a sweet, small feline soul who transitioned from RL to virtuality last year) who goes with me everywhere in SL.  Does a companion animal also contribute to the local script/texture load or contribute only as is shown by the avatar complexity of its human?  I suppose that it must contribute but I am just not sure how...

Animesh companions count against your avatar's ARC (complexity), not against the LI of whatever parcel you are in.  Note that animesh IS kinda costly - I believe a rezzed animesh object has 15 added to its LI automatically, just because it's animesh.  Similarly, animesh companions usually impact your complexity more than you would think. 

Let's face it, any moving thing is hard for the servers to babysit, and updates have to be sent all the time to eveyone who can see it.  Having an animesh companion is a LITTLE bit like being two avatars in one, from a rezzing point of view; it has its own skeleton and plays its own anims (like it has its own AO), under script control.

So, you know, if you're at Uber on opening day, it might be best if kitty took a nap :)  But in most situations, it's just fine.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

There's rules about external seasonal decorations in the covenant too for which putting out Halloween stuff now would go against

I know. I'm beginning to think the person hasn't read the covenant at all. Just waiting to see what pops up next.

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Animesh companions count against your avatar's ARC (complexity), not against the LI of whatever parcel you are in.  Note that animesh IS kinda costly - I believe a rezzed animesh object has 15 added to its LI automatically, just because it's animesh.  Similarly, animesh companions usually impact your complexity more than you would think. 

Let's face it, any moving thing is hard for the servers to babysit, and updates have to be sent all the time to eveyone who can see it.  Having an animesh companion is a LITTLE bit like being two avatars in one, from a rezzing point of view; it has its own skeleton and plays its own anims (like it has its own AO), under script control.

So, you know, if you're at Uber on opening day, it might be best if kitty took a nap :)  But in most situations, it's just fine.

Thank you, I keep an eye on the complexity of every outfit and generally stay between 25,000 and 35,000 but can go below 10,000 for crowded events and the kitty definitely sleeps or stays home for classes, dances etc.  It does help to understand the facts. :D

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 11:07 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

So, apparently having a horse & stall (and chickens) in one's backyard is considered in theme to the Traditionals - I reported such a couple of times, but nothing ever came of it.

Then again, my neighbors in RL have chickens in their back yard.  They became acceptable in the past few years.

Could be me,😱 i often have my teegle grazing the lawn - getting fertilizer this way too 😃 Didnt know it was controversial 🙉

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.