I want to gain 5 pounds

Kathlen Onyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need some help with making my avatar about 5-10 lbs. heavier. I really like my shape and the proportions but I think it's a bit on the thin side. I want to put about 5-10lbs on her but I have no clue what sliders to change or how much so that it doesn't totally mess up the shape.

Could someone tell me what sliders to change so that the over all shape stays the same but looks a bit heavier.

1 minute ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I need some help with making my avatar about 5-10 lbs. heavier. I really like my shape and the proportions but I think it's a bit on the thin side. I want to put about 5-10lbs on her but I have no clue what sliders to change or how much so that it doesn't totally mess up the shape.

Could someone tell me what sliders to change so that the over all shape stays the same but looks a bit heavier.

Working from a copy of your shape, add body fat until it suits your taste.  Best place to start.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

So that's it? You don't move any other sliders?

In addition to Body Fat, maybe a tiny adjustment to Body Thickness and/or Torso Muscles and/or Love Handles and/or Belly Size.

Those are likely the only ones.  Be sure to save a copy of the current shape before you start.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In addition to Body Fat, maybe a tiny adjustment to Body Thickness and/or Torso Muscles and/or Love Handles and/or Belly Size.

Those are likely the only ones.  Be sure to save a copy of the current shape before you start.

Belly size is the only one I've found that can mess with clothing.  I knew there were a few others but couldn't remember what they were.

I don't know which body your using. I do know Maitreya handles adding to body fat/width torso/leg thickness well. The one that can look bad depending on the item of clothing is belly size mines currently somewhere between 10-15 i did go up to 20 but that's when clothes started making the belly area several times bigger than it looked with nothing on

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I don't know which body your using. I do know Maitreya handles adding to body fat/width torso/leg thickness well. The one that can look bad depending on the item of clothing is belly size mines currently somewhere between 10-15 i did go up to 20 but that's when clothes started making the belly area several times bigger than it looked with nothing on

it's Maitreya...probably should have mentioned that in the original post lol thanks!

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Also, unless you're going for the bubble butt, make sure to not shorten your hips... That slider seems to have more effect on trunk junk than any of the others. 

I'd add 5-10pts to the body fat, same with the legs, see how you like it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Body fat can be a bit hit and miss depending on body and clothing rigging, it's generally expected to be set at or close to 0, so YMMV with that one.

While some may prefer to not add fat, I have to say that I keep at least 20 on the fat slider for my avatars since we got fitmesh. It is extremely rare that I have any fit issues with my clothing. I prefer to keep fat at that slider point because IMO it really does make the shape of the boobs much softer looking. But I also use a deformer to keep my tummy flat as I don't like the puffy stomach that comes with that fat slider.

• Like 1

@Sam1 Bellisserian As with most things in SL experimenting is the best way to learn.

To avoid messing up the existing shape, make a copy as others have recommended. You can save a worn shape using Save As... You can copy the shape in inventory Ctrl-C and then Ctrl-V.

I have found over time that I tweak my shape. Plus I also often adjust my shape for certain clothes. So naming shape so I know what is what months later is important.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I would start with torso muscles and leg muscles (with most mesh bodies, the leg muscles won't need to be up as high as torso, to get the same effect).

Bodyfat also, but be warned this will make your belly look bigger - if you want to increase bodyfat above about 40 and keep a flat belly, you'll need to buy a deformer.

Increasing Love Handles thickens the waist without adding belly but increasing saddlebags will pad the hips which is a more noticeable shape change.

My bodyshape is probably unique in SL; I have a Maitreya body with body thickness and torso muscles both maxed out at 100, leg muscles around 70, bodyfat around 35. Broad shoulders, narrow hips.  I look stocky, rather than chubby; my intention was to make a body shape that strongly suggests "I am a man wearing a dress". I notice it most when I'm wearing shorts or a short skirt at a club; my thighs are about as thick as the waist of most other women. And I still think my upper body is too thin.

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

New Girl Scout cookies coming out - a brownie like cookie with caramel & salt.  I can't wait until they start selling these.

image.thumb.png.1fdce4beb1de6fe23aad4e98751fb36f.png

Oh lord I'm gonna get chonked from these.... I bet each cookie is like an extra mile of running... Time to start marathon training. 

9 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

If these come in a gluten free option, my life is officially over.

I'll gladly enjoy the gluten for you Coffee. 

To add the affect of looking bigger without moving sliders I added cellulite and chubby tummy layers ... gives a little texture to the ultra smooth skin look. 

If you dont want to do that. I'd add body fat as suggested above. I think my avi sits on 10.

• Like 1

If it's overall, I would just bump up Body thickness and Body fat a couple notches. Thickness seems to increase your overall mass, but also wideness. Body fat seems to increase your "roundness", if that makes sense. A little bit of both should do the trick.

Edit: I would be really careful with the Belly slider as it also makes your butt bigger.

Edited by Janet Voxel

On 8/19/2021 at 12:35 AM, ananoelle said:

To add the affect of looking bigger without moving sliders I added cellulite and chubby tummy layers ... gives a little texture to the ultra smooth skin look. 

If you dont want to do that. I'd add body fat as suggested above. I think my avi sits on 10.

In my opinion, this is the way. Adding body fat and thickness is only a part of the equation. Back rolls, cellulite, stretch marks, veins, and a number of other things can help give the appearance of adding natural weight. 

Check out Izzies

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muffinstuff said:

Back rolls, cellulite, stretch marks, veins, and a number of other things can help give the appearance of adding natural weight. 

Thanks but I think I'll skip the add-ons. I just want to be a bit bigger not actually LOOK like I gained weight. I have enough cellulite and stretch marks in RL. LOL

2 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Thanks but I think I'll skip the add-ons. I just want to be a bit bigger not actually LOOK like I gained weight. I have enough cellulite and stretch marks in RL. LOL

lol don't we all ... any way you do it ... its your avi and you are the one it ultimately has to look perfect for :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.