Problem with group Invites

Francesca Alva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently invited one of my alts to join a group. She got the invitation, clicked on it, and nothing happened. I resent the invitation and my alt accepted it and clicked 'Join' and once again nothing happened: she received no confirmation that she had been added to the group and is not listed as a member. Today I sent a group invitation to another alt to join a different group. The same thing happened: Altie got the invitation, clicked 'Join' and that was that. I am an officer in both groups and have the ability to invite new members. Has anyone else experienced this?

6 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, jakewanderer said:

Are they off- or online when you send the invitations? I noticed when you accept an invitation you received while being offline, its not working at all.

did you read the adviced thread?.. the answer on your remark is there.

On 7/22/2021 at 2:09 AM, FaintOutline said:

I opened a ticket and received this response.  

"We are aware of an issue that causes group invitations to sometimes fail unless both residents are online when the invitation is accepted. Our engineers are working on a solution, but we do not currently have an estimated timeframe for when this solution will be implemented. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
In the meantime, you should be able to work around this issue by having both parties (the resident sending the invitation, and the resident who is receiving it) online at the same time when the invitation is accepted.

Good to know and the work-around is not overly painful.
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I read and know about it. And the work out is still painful because you have to wait for the other party to be online. And there are more communication issues regarding offline contacts, not only that one. But it is as it is. Actually I was asking the thread opener if her issues happen when the recipient was on- or offline.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.