Sim ratings and their effects

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Firstly, apologies if this is in the rong place - mods feel free to more it around ;)

I currently run a pg rated sim and am toying with the idea of changing to mature. Mainly because a lot of visitors like to use bad language and enjoy carrying weapons. They don't like being told not to.

My biggest concren is - as far as I understand a mature sim would appear in search less than a pg (general) one. Also, some residents may no longer be able to access? I don't want to cause a drop in traffic by doing this, it's supposed to be helping to increase visits.

I don't see any other options. It's either tell people to behave in a pg like manner, or change to a mature rating.

I'd love to hear peoples views on this.

Hi Kerri,

Yes, sadly you do have a choice to make. For good reason, PG sims must be governed properly as teens can access those venues. All of your other huests are there because they choose to be, not because they are limited to PG only.

As for changing the rating, yes you may see a dropoff in visits as teens will no longer be able to access and some of your adult guests may stop coming since they prefer a PG venue. That dropoff may or may not be offset by an increase in visits by those who prefer a more mature setting.

From a search standpoint, I'm not sure that rating factors in and if it does I'm sure that it is a minor factor

The choice for you really is fairly simple though. You chose to create a PG sim. I'm sure that you had fairly good reasons for that. I for one, would not go against my values in order to get more visits. If a PG sim is what you want, then a PG sim you should have. No matter what rating you have, PG or moderate, there will always be those who want to stretch the boundaries of what is acceptable

At the end of it al, I leave you with something that has served me well for my nearly 3 years here..think about this phrase as you mull over the pros and cons before making your decision.   "This, is MY SL"

Brynn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.