harrasement

Zopper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hey i got an weird text today about someone feening to get me off the grid, im wondering, what the problem was?

and the person didnt tell me the problem at all but continued to harass me so i just blocked them, i would like to call linden labs and tell them what happened exactly i need to call from Europe so im wondering what number i i need to call.

7 answers to this question

If the harassment behavior continues - for example, if you believe the person is creating alts to continue harassing you after you have blocked them, then the best course of action for notifiying LL would be filing an AR (abuse report) that outlines the harrassment, and then filing a new AR (referencing the others) for subsequent harassment actions, so that LL can see a pattern of harrassment occurring. 

If it was just this one single incident, and blocking the account takes care of it, I don't know that there's much sense in reporting it - it would probably be viewed as a resident-to-resident dispute, which LL doesn't usually concern themselves with.    Any text or message about trying to get you off the grid - unless it comes directly from Linden Lab - can be ignored.  Someone was just trying to get you upset.   

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

If the harassment behavior continues - for example, if you believe the person is creating alts to continue harassing you after you have blocked them, then the best course of action for notifiying LL would be filing an AR (abuse report) that outlines the harrassment, and then filing a new AR (referencing the others) for subsequent harassment actions, so that LL can see a pattern of harrassment occurring. 

If it was just this one single incident, and blocking the account takes care of it, I don't know that there's much sense in reporting it - it would probably be viewed as a resident-to-resident dispute, which LL doesn't usually concern themselves with.    Any text or message about trying to get you off the grid - unless it comes directly from Linden Lab - can be ignored.  Someone was just trying to get you upset.   

Yes i know they where but it gets you wondering thats why i wanted to call cause the person wont answer me or tell me whats wrong thats why i blocked them.

5 hours ago, Zopper said:

Yes i know they where but it gets you wondering thats why i wanted to call cause the person wont answer me or tell me whats wrong thats why i blocked them.

If this person was another resident, most likely they didn't answer or tell you what was wrong, because nothing was - they were making it up.  Contacting LL about it would not provide you any answer in that situation other than that some residents like to bother other residents, and if someone is bothering you, use the tools that LL has provided in the viewer for such situations, which is to block them.  

If you're worried that you might be doing something that could get you in trouble with LL, then you might want to re-read through the Terms and Conditions that you have to agree to when you created your account.  You can find a link to them at the very bottom of this web page, in blue letters "SL Terms and Conditions".   As long as you know the types of things that could get you in trouble with LL goverance, and you know that you are not doing those types of things, then you have nothing to worry about when some other resident threatens you about reporting you or that you're "going to be kicked off the grid". 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

If this person was another resident, most likely they didn't answer or tell you what was wrong, because nothing was - they were making it up.  Contacting LL about it would not provide you any answer in that situation other than that some residents like to bother other residents, and if someone is bothering you, use the tools that LL has provided in the viewer for such situations, which is to block them.  

If you're worried that you might be doing something that could get you in trouble with LL, then you might want to re-read through the Terms and Conditions that you have to agree to when you created your account.  You can find a link to them at the very bottom of this web page, in blue letters "SL Terms and Conditions".   As long as you know the types of things that could get you in trouble with LL goverance, and you know that you are not doing those types of things, then you have nothing to worry about when some other resident threatens you about reporting you or that you're "going to be kicked off the grid". 

thankyou appreciate it yes i was just shocked i was like??

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.