Photos and Videos of the Fantasy Regions, post here!!!

Nando Yip

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is how I am handling garden furniture:porridge_044.png.24e48a806c8a05b97d816b02713709c3.png

Also, I did say I was going full fairy light and I have, indeed, gone full fairy light:

porridge_045.png.1b0b750ccba535a24e11441e2be57cc1.png

(The fullbright Van Gogh is from 2008, it is no mod, and this is the only context in which I would ever display it. Once you park a unicorn on your front lawn, all bets are off.)

porridge_042.png.2c35af39a9847b2fb86b0a6bcd4bfbf4.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, rOrii Wylder said:

I've been trying to take one at "night", do you have to wait until SL night time?

I tried to turn midnight on but i dont see the glow. How does it work?

Yes, you do have to wait until SL night time.  Turning your viewer to midnight won't work, it actually has to BE SL night (which normally is 2 out of every 6 hours, though it's possible that the fantasy regions are using a different day cycle).  Most of the plants etc. turn on the effects quickly, like a light switch, when the sun goes below the horizon.  You do not have to have advanced lighting (materials) on, although I think they look a little better with it (though that may just be how I have my graphics set up).

If you are using a recent, EEP viewer, it defaults to "Shared Environment" lighting, and you will see the fantasy effects just fine.  If you've changed to some other windlight/sky settings, go to the World menu and choose "Shared Environment".

If you are using a non-EEP viewer (older one), you can still see them.  Set your viewer windlight to use "Day Cycles", and choose the Default one. 

(eta, the fireflies I made can be set to only come out at night also, see the notecard).

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Yes, you do have to wait until SL night time.  Turning your viewer to midnight won't work, it actually has to BE SL night (which normally is 2 out of every 6 hours, though it's possible that the fantasy regions are using a different day cycle).

As far as I can tell, Fantasy regions are on a 3 hour day followed by 1 hour night cycle. Nights seems to vary by up to 10 or 15 minutes depending on which part of the continent you are on, but start roughly at the 12:30, 4:30 and 8:30 AM and PM and last til roughly 1:30, 5:30, 9:30 AM and PM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

13 hours ago, sam007 Collas said:

I have been searching  sl for plants that only light up at night time as i think full bright looks bad in the day  so is there any chance  that the plants in the content pack  could have the script in them to light up at night please so we can stay in the theme for the fantasy homes 

I have rezzed a few of the shrubs and ground plants from the content pack.  The ones I used are not scripted to glow and are smaller than the mole's landscaping, but they match the theme colors and look like they belong.  It's all been 1 LI as well.  

No glowing.  No scripts.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I have rezzed a few of the shrubs and ground plants from the content pack.  The ones I used are not scripted to glow and are smaller than the mole's landscaping, but they match the theme colors and look like they belong.  It's all been 1 LI as well. 

Did the moles change the Content Pack? I have one I got on the thursday where they just released 3 regions, and the flowers were all 2 LI each, not 1.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.