BOM and Profiles ?

rasterscan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

1 - Why dont creators offer more BOM layers they is always a great fit ?

Do you mean clothing? Because for things like skins, tattoos and cosmetics, BOM has already taken over and appliers are mostly a thing of the past.

Clothing though, is not catching on, probably because people don't really like that "painted-on" look. Its okay for underwear, but for regular clothes - well, who wants to wear a system layer sweater or jacket, now that you've seen what fitted mesh ones look like?

12 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

2 - Is Profile reading still a thing for the modern player ?

Not for the ones for whom "Hi, how r u?" is a valid conversation-starter.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1.  Only use it for underneath mesh items so there is enough already out there for me to find.

2.  I always skim through a profile if someone IMs me.  Always.  If I haven't already done so as it's pretty much my favorite past time while standing around here or there.

• Like 6

1. The most I ever find is under garments in BOM clothes. they come in handy for some outfits..

2. I love reading profiles, especially when I go to a beach.. I'll sit down, then click the people button on my task bar in my viewer which shows everyone in the region, then just start looking at profiles.

I'll do that with everyone I meet also, like when someone IM's me.. The first thing is open their profile to see who they are and if they are from the past  or not..

plus I just love checking out pics in them also.. Some just go all out with their pics and that's always nice to see..

• Like 1

BOM was one of those things that seemed complicated to setup and for a while I never bothered. Until I did and since I have been using it for skins, makeup and tattoos. I'd love to use it for lingerie such as stockings but on my maitreya the toenails render on top of the lingerie, which looks... yeh no. Haven't yet found a fix/option for that.

Profiles then are a a good tool to gauge if I've got interest in talking to someone. I'll always reply to a greeting but sometimes, one look at the stuff in someone's profile can have me politely backpedal. Too many people with verbal barbed wire and red flags in there.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

on my maitreya the toenails render on top of the lingerie, which looks... yeh no. Haven't yet found a fix/option for that.

wear the Maitreya Mesh Body - BoM Add-On Parts then use the Maitreya Mesh Body - BoM Add-On Parts HUD to flatten body parts as you want, including your toe nails so you can wear socks/stockings and have them display as expected

Edited by Mollymews
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 4:54 PM, rasterscan said:

1 - Why dont creators offer more BOM layers they is always a great fit ?

2 - Is Profile reading still a thing for the modern player ?

1. Good question. I find that even underwear as BOM looks painted onto a body and doesn't look realistic, so I don't personally wear it, especially given that I wear clothes that are not too badly revealing and don't need it.

2. Hell, yeah. I always read profiles. Either before IMing anyone, or before responding. I'm a bit of a profile junkie. But I know this isn't always the case, and mostly those are guys. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked to dance and get chatted up and then the guy reads my profile and backs off. It would have saved both of us time and embarrassment if you'd have taken 2 minutes to read before flirting with me at Foxxies. :)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

1/ Since BOM arrived there is much more system layers being sold in my experience, anything that can go in an applier now I sell as BOM as well as appliers. I have had many more sales on my system clothing than ever since BOM, but the fact that all my old creations are free will help of course.

2/ I always look at profiles. And if someone sends me an I.M I usually look at their profile first.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 3:53 PM, Katherine Heartsong said:

...I find that even underwear as BOM looks painted onto a body and doesn't look realistic ...

Some looks stunningly realistic. My friend has some stuff I have to ask is this mesh ? and she'll go 'no, layer'

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.