imac intel core i5 (quad core) not working with viewer 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I usually use SL through my 3 yr old macbookpro. Second Life viewer 2. No problems. Today, however, I was hacing problems uploading photos. So I decided to move across to the main house's computer to see if its extra power solved the problem - this is a 4 month old imac quad core. Apparently very powerful (but not the brand new ones that have been announced within the last month or so).

I cannot get second life viewer 2 to work with it for love nore money. It crashes every single time during the log in process. I have tried all sorts of tweaks that I have found on these forums - eg clearing cache; disabling various boxes in the "preferences" "graphics" section, including in the advanced graphics section. Nothing. It just automatically crashes out within 10 seconds of starting to log in.

I've tried logging in with viewer 1.23. That works (although it did tell me that it did not recognise my graphics card so things might not work entirely). But I have never used viewer 1.23 and its totally alien to me. 

Can anyone help me? My graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 5750. I'm not sure if the problem is imac/SL viewer 2 interface, or to do with the graphics card.

Hello Sibyl. Your graphics card is no a problem when it is included in the recommended cards for SL. You are not the only user with Mac who has problems with the last updates of Viewer 2. For me downloand a previous edition of viewer 2, http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Supported_Viewers  and set your software updates NO to be installed automatically. (Preferences --> Setup --> Hardware).

See if that helps. Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.