Invisible avatar and stalking issue

Baylinerbob73

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, desperately trying to get some help with this. My GF and I own a public sim where we also have a residence at. Lately there has been someone or ones constantly harassing us. Despite banning many of their accounts and I mean many, they are still aware of what we talk about on voice, in real time despite not being in nearby or on the sim visitor tracker we have. Easy answer is to not voice in local, however we have a lot of friends who also interact with us as well and don't feel we should have that taken away due to one's legal or illegal actions. Appreciate any help with this at all as I have scoured MP and not found how they are able to be on the parcel undetected. 

Thanks!

9 answers to this question

My first 3 ideas...

1) (I assume you checked this one already), but just checking to be sure you have confined sounds and voice to your parcel.

2) I wonder if "listen at camera position" would work even if you have sounds confined to your parcel?  i doubt it, but i not tried that

3) Someone amongst your friends is not as good a friend as you think.

Edited by sandi Mexicola
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Baylinerbob73 said:

Hi, desperately trying to get some help with this. My GF and I own a public sim where we also have a residence at. Lately there has been someone or ones constantly harassing us. Despite banning many of their accounts and I mean many, they are still aware of what we talk about on voice, in real time despite not being in nearby or on the sim visitor tracker we have. Easy answer is to not voice in local, however we have a lot of friends who also interact with us as well and don't feel we should have that taken away due to one's legal or illegal actions. Appreciate any help with this at all as I have scoured MP and not found how they are able to be on the parcel undetected. 

Thanks!

How do you know they are aware of what you talk about?

Easiest way to stop is is create a discord channel for you and friends and use that.

Personally if it is true then I hope someone doesn't post the answer. The last thing we need is everyone knowing how to do it if it's possible.  How do we know you aren't just trying to figure out how to do it so you can do it to someone else?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sandi Mexicola said:

How does it compare to Skype?

It's been a while (almost 10 years) since I last used voice and/or video in Skype, but I would say just about the same, if not better than what I remember Skype is like. 

Discord is aimed at people who have or want to be a community, whereas Skype is all about the individual experience even though group calls are possible.

Give it a go, I like Discord better than I have ever liked Skype, but your standards may be different than mine. If you find you don't like Discord, you can just delete your account and uninstall Discord.

1 hour ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

It's been a while (almost 10 years) since I last used voice and/or video in Skype, but I would say just about the same, if not better than what I remember Skype is like. 

Discord is aimed at people who have or want to be a community, whereas Skype is all about the individual experience even though group calls are possible.

Give it a go, I like Discord better than I have ever liked Skype, but your standards may be different than mine. If you find you don't like Discord, you can just delete your account and uninstall Discord.

Thanks!  I do have Discord.  My computer is so old though that it sometimes have trouble running Discord without Discord lagging.  I haven't tried voicing on it yet though.

18 hours ago, Baylinerbob73 said:

Thanks!

SL Voice is an external service. They avatar might be gone from parcel or region, but there are ways for them to remain in the voice chat.

The only solution is to stop using it and switch to a difference platform, like discord.

• Like 1

they are hackers. I guess they have tools to hack those stuff.

Some viewers enable you to hack stuff. 

I heard so.  to be honest for them it is easy to break the friend list's power to locate u.

I guess they break the limit and use them.

I hope linden lab to find out those hacking ways really.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.