Understanding Blender/

Chastity77

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am watching on you tube supposedly Beginer Lessons for Blender but the person making the blender so confusing because they are acting like everyone has run blender before.  I have not and I cannot find a blender tutorial that shows how to get a avatar for second life in it.  I know my age is showing through on this but I amc completely lost on how to some articles that  I have made in gimp that I would like to get set up ere in 2nd life.  Thank you all in advance for any help you can give me.

befpre  anyone asks I cannot afford on social security to buy the avistar avatar work bench.

Chastity

If you're learning blender, don't just dive right in and try to make stuff for SL

Follow beginner tutorials, ALL OF THEM, don't worry if they are nothing to do with what you want to make for SL. Even if they do stuff that seems wildly off base. Blender is a powerful tool that can do an awful lot. 

Right now it's about learning what you can do with blender and how it works, the end result isn't important, the journey is.

Start here.

• Like 3

join the inworld groups for Builder's Brewery and/or Blender Benders 2.0. Both groups teach blender classes from the ground up, aimed at beginners and upwards, and yes these classes are free and the groups are free to join

Edited to add: I wouldn't even bother with the avastar workbench yet. You need to know blender first cos without it you are gonna be even more lost than you are already. 

Edited by HunniHope
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.