Give us a boat.

Kennylex Luckless

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I wanted to sail to the new fantasy homes and I wanted to see how the experience would be for a new users, for some reason the Mandela Effect had kicked in and I was sure there should be a sailboat or a dingy in the Inventory Library, but the only vehicle there was a Kart, so should we try to get LL to add a small boat if new users want to test sailing?

• Like 3

16 answers to this question

54 minutes ago, Kennylex Luckless said:

I wanted to sail to the new fantasy homes and I wanted to see how the experience would be for a new users, for some reason the Mandela Effect had kicked in and I was sure there should be a sailboat or a dingy in the Inventory Library, but the only vehicle there was a Kart, so should we try to get LL to add a small boat if new users want to test sailing?

Here's a free one.  Copy/transfer so you can give some to your friends!  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/2-LI-Animated-Boat-w-Oars-no-mod/2139547

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you go to somewhere like Barneys Bay, Moose Beach or Stubb, LL provides free boats you click the vendor and are given one or in some places they are rezzers. If you want something slightly better i have been using https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/HVW-Emergency-Response-Boat/15213689 in Stilt land since my free premium boat from years ago is too big to get between boats people have let block the smaller waterways

Edited by Claireschen Hesten
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kennylex Luckless said:

boat search on MP in the vehicles shows boats from  L$ 0 to L$40.000 .. pretty sure there's one available for most people, for the size of any wallet  :)
[ just one in the inventory will give responses as ...there's only thát... i want another one :)  ]

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Here's a free one.  Copy/transfer so you can give some to your friends!  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/2-LI-Animated-Boat-w-Oars-no-mod/2139547

The inventory is a fun thing all have and can find so that would be better for new users, but it had been cool if LPDW could make inworld signs pointing to the marketplace with a suggested search term, like "Search: boat Sort: Price low to high", that had been a good way to introduce new users to the ecosystem around SL and to show that there is more to Second Life than the land, that SL is also Blogs, Forum, Videos and a whole Mophly-dome of different social things.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.