Help looking for full, curly hairstyles

Nylyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of some creators that do full heads of curls like this, preferably either with mod permissions (willing to make my own textures) or a gradient option that goes from very dark blue to a turquiose/cyan :

oTy8jBW.png this amount of body with a texture like this (which I made for a different 3D avatar platform)zvozkvM.png

The hair on the left is a flexi hair by HoMage, I tried my texture with it but ended up with issues with the alpha that were too noticeable to ignore (a more knowledgeable friend suggested that it may be that the hair didn't make good use of the different alpha options). I've checked the stores of Stealthic, Truth, Doux, Wasabi, no.match, Analog Dog, Rama, Platinum, Fabrixquare and Phoenix to name a few and can't find anything that quite measures up. I'm new to SL so I'm sure I've probably missed more than a few gems out there. I'm open to all types of hair. Thanks all.

@Stephanie Misfit Thanks a lot for the suggestion! I spent a few hours looking through their store and other full perm hairs and none of them have quite the right full/'floofy' feel to them,

@Elena Core Thanks! I did go through Doux's store, I love the curls and the texture, they're really beautiful. Unfortunately the colours are where it falls apart for me, the gradient hair has been an integral part of her character for years

• Like 1

@Nylyx

There is a very old flexi hair that is full curly and modabble.  However for some reason the perms are no copy / yes mod / yes transfer.  But it is only $1 so can buy another one easily enough.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/GIFT-from-EdelStore-woman-hair-Reley-magenta-NEW-female-hair/10064

It is one of my favorite hairs when I feel like having long curly hair (lately I've been more into short curly hair styles).

Edited by auntiemisha
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Josephine Carissa said:

have you checked Analog Dog yet.....

The post says that she did....

On 8/13/2021 at 12:05 AM, Nylyx said:

I've checked the stores of Stealthic, Truth, Doux, Wasabi, no.match, Analog Dog, Rama, Platinum, Fabrixquare and Phoenix to name a few and can't find anything that quite measures up.

So, honestly: no idea, if none of those shops offer anything remotely interesting. 😶

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. In the end I managed to get my texture to work with the original flexi hair and used a Stealthic short bob mesh in place of the one that came with the hair originally because it did not take the gradient too well.

@auntiemishaI did grab that hair, it has a lot of volume and for 1L it's a bit of a steal, just need to see if I can get my colour gradient to work, pity they didn't share the texture files with the purchase. Ah well, work for some other day.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.