Jump to content

Listings Removing Themselves??


thesilentsaint
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello, I have three products listed on the marketpalce. For some reason, every morning when I log in to check them, I notice they have "unlisted" automatically.

I have enhancements paid for on all of them, so this is very frustrating because i would guess at least 50% of the time, the listings are not even active. 

I make them active, go do whatever I have to do in RL, come back, and they are inactive again.

 

What would be causing this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

there are many reason that a listing is deactivated, from being flagged for wrong category, to keyword spam to the use of trademark or copyrighted names and so on and so forth. You could get a dozen of us here speculating its this reason or that etc but it doesnt actually give you a definitive answer. Best thing to do is file a ticket with LL and ask ... oh, and don't forget to check your emails, including spam and trash

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, thesilentsaint said:

Hello, I have three products listed on the marketpalce. For some reason, every morning when I log in to check them, I notice they have "unlisted" automatically.

I have enhancements paid for on all of them, so this is very frustrating because i would guess at least 50% of the time, the listings are not even active. 

I make them active, go do whatever I have to do in RL, come back, and they are inactive again.

 

What would be causing this?

I just had my whole store deleted!!! I only have 6 items in there now!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HunniHope said:

there are many reason that a listing is deactivated, from being flagged for wrong category, to keyword spam to the use of trademark or copyrighted names and so on and so forth. You could get a dozen of us here speculating its this reason or that etc but it doesnt actually give you a definitive answer. Best thing to do is file a ticket with LL and ask ... oh, and don't forget to check your emails, including spam and trash

As I just had the same exact thing happen and have not had any changes or additions in months, and mine are all my creations. Including BOM items. I think there might be an issue. I have filed a ticket.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I check today my MP Store cause I notice the last time some Issues and I see now that only near 50 % from my complete Store is activ - the rest don't show.

I checked my "general, moderate and adult" and all fine, I checked the "unlistet Point" under Merchant Home and all was fine too. 100 % are without any Issue listet there.

Back in my Store - 50 % missing. This kills me realy slowly and I have no idea why this can be cause I changed the last weeks nothing!

Any Idea what this can be?  

 

Edit: I find my own a way to activ my Items in Marketplace - I set every single Item new again with "update" button after opening the Item and now it seems, all will be listet again. This is a hard work but MP Store is important enough for me to do this. Its realy ***** work, sorry but the only Idea I had 

Edited by Caren Jewell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This has happened to me, too both on this account and an alt. The products were not flagged, there was no message from LL, they simply turned inactive and I didn't change a thing to these listings before turning them active again and they stayed active.

It hasn't happened again for a couple month but I wonder if this is related to it happening again now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Greetings, All

There are 4 reasons why an item may become unlisted:

1. It was flagged by another user & the Governance Team reviewed the report and unlisted the item. 

2. The Marketplace runs automatic checks and if it finds an issue with an item the item may be unlisted

3. Inventory load issues. 

4. Limited Quantity Items sold the last available stock item. 

In the case of 1 and 2 the system will attempt to send the seller an email.  The seller MUST have Email Notifications Enabled for actions against a product listing and the seller must have a current, valid, email address on file for their Second Life Account. 

With regards to Inventory Load issues. Marketplace Items are directly linked to items in the sellers inventory.   If the seller logs in world and does not allow their inventory to load before opening the Marketplace Listings UI window, the Marketplace may not "see" the items yet, and the items can become unlisted.  This will usually result in a message in world regarding missing stock or other issues with the listing. 

If you notice that products are no longer listed, please check your email for a notification from Second Life.  If you do not see an email, including in your trash or spam folder, check your settings to ensure that you have the notifications enabled. (Log into the Marketplace web site - Click on My Marketplace at the top of the page - Click on My account in the drop down options. On the Account Page, click on Notification settings in the menu on the left). 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dakota Linden said:

snip

 

I receive e-mails from SL just fine but I had items unlisted without receiving one on two accounts a couple month back. To this day I got no e-mail and I was able to relist them without a single change. I had one item unlisted before for a rating issue and I received that mail just fine.

It seems to automatic check unlists item incorrectly and no automatic mail is sent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/24/2021 at 10:18 AM, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings, All

There are 4 reasons why an item may become unlisted:

1. It was flagged by another user & the Governance Team reviewed the report and unlisted the item. 

2. The Marketplace runs automatic checks and if it finds an issue with an item the item may be unlisted

3. Inventory load issues. 

4. Limited Quantity Items sold the last available stock item. 

In the case of 1 and 2 the system will attempt to send the seller an email.  The seller MUST have Email Notifications Enabled for actions against a product listing and the seller must have a current, valid, email address on file for their Second Life Account. 

With regards to Inventory Load issues. Marketplace Items are directly linked to items in the sellers inventory.   If the seller logs in world and does not allow their inventory to load before opening the Marketplace Listings UI window, the Marketplace may not "see" the items yet, and the items can become unlisted.  This will usually result in a message in world regarding missing stock or other issues with the listing. 

If you notice that products are no longer listed, please check your email for a notification from Second Life.  If you do not see an email, including in your trash or spam folder, check your settings to ensure that you have the notifications enabled. (Log into the Marketplace web site - Click on My Marketplace at the top of the page - Click on My account in the drop down options. On the Account Page, click on Notification settings in the menu on the left). 

 

My product was an "electronic device" that simply displays my web page, which links out to all sorts of entertainment sites, etc. link collections s are in no way against any rules, anywhere, including SL, yet it was removed over and over and over again. The only thing I could think would have MAYBE caused it, is me listing the links included, in the ad description? but even if that is so, its a service to display a link collection on a website, onto a prim using the "media" settings, there is nothing included in the sale that is "copywrite" or "trademark" protected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...