Jump to content

Voice Problems


Recommended Posts

Voice is no longer working for me in any SL viewer. I have tired everything I know. I did a clean install of Firestorm, I tried other viewers, and I reinstalled the Linden SL viewer. I checked my audio settings in Windows with other programs and it works fine and I checked my voice settings in preferences and tried to refresh a few times. Nothing works. One thing that I notice when I go into Task Manager is that the SLVoice.exe file is showing as not enabled. I have tried deleting the file and restarting to see if it reloads and that doesn't work. I am at a loss. Not only can I no longer see the whit dot above my avatar, but I can't see it on anyone else either and I can't hear anyone else use voice. 

I have searched this forum and tried all of the above based on what I've read here. Any other ideas of what I may try? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the same issue since recently. I thought it's some kind of windows update fault. I even bought myself new microphone (I needed that anyway). Microphone is working but NOT in second life. I have no dot above my avatar and I can't hear anyone else aswell.

Normally I'm using firestorm but because of that issue I even installed original SL browser and I have the same issue.

Can anyone help please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, giuliano13 said:

Linux

FWIW voice broke for me a bit ago in Kokua (and presumably other viewers, that I don't use like FS) CoolVL 's voice seems to work after its set up correctly though (read the instructions in the readme)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yes it has to be a problem in the viewers them self because it works on every thing else like my games and skype or what ever other program i use!. just one more crappy thing they have messed up with the viewer updates to firestorm and sl as well as other viewers  they really need to stop messing things up!. this is the problem with changing to new versions so damned offten cant they stop making so many half ass changes and stop messing with parts of the program that actually worked damnit!

Edited by CandyLicksYouTo
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CandyLicksYouTo said:

yes it has to be a problem in the viewers them self because it works on every thing else like my games and skype or what ever other program i use!. just one more crappy thing they have messed up with the viewer updates to firestorm and sl as well as other viewers  they really need to stop messing things up!. this is the problem with changing to new versions so damned offten cant they stop making so many half ass changes and stop messing with parts of the program that actually worked damnit!

Newsflash for you: Not every VoIP enabled service uses VIVOX. Far more often, the problem is with the VIVOX servers - which Linden Lab nor any TPV Dev team control.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you look in firestorm.log (c:\users\WindowsLoginName\appdata\roaming\firestorm_x64\logs\firestorm.log or in Linux /home/LoginName/.firestorm_x64/logs/firestorm.log) and search for "vivox" you find a line like below.

2021-08-28T17:46:21Z INFO #Voice# newview/llvoicevivox.cpp(623) LLVivoxVoiceClient::userAuthorized : name "marissaorloff_resident" , ID feb97ff8-8469-4b2a-adda-27adeea92f5c

If it says user not authorized there is a problem at vivox and send LL a support ticket along with that line. Better yet send them all vivox lines in the log file.

**the appdata folder is hidden by default so you must enable hidden folders**

Edited by MarissaOrloff
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MarissaOrloff said:

If you look in firestorm.log (c:\users\WindowsLoginName\appdata\roaming\firestorm_x64\logs\firestorm.log or in Linux /home/LoginName/.firestorm_x64/logs/firestorm.log) and search for "vivox" you find a line like below.

2021-08-28T17:46:21Z INFO #Voice# newview/llvoicevivox.cpp(623) LLVivoxVoiceClient::userAuthorized : name "marissaorloff_resident" , ID feb97ff8-8469-4b2a-adda-27adeea92f5c

Interesting theory, might be the problem for some other people, but not me unfortunately:

Quote

2021-08-27T20:01:00Z INFO #Voice# newview/winevoicevivox.cpp(616) LLVivoxVoiceClient::userAuthorized : name "quistess_alpha" , ID 8645873d-1306-4f22-a60c-4f2bc3bb9ca2

(a bit later)

2021-08-27T20:01:02Z INFO #Voice# newview/winevoicevivox.cpp(953) LLVivoxVoiceClient::startAndLaunchDaemon : Launching SLVoice
2021-08-27T20:01:02Z INFO #LLProcess# llcommon/llprocess.cpp(697) LLProcess::LLProcess : SLVoice (1352300): launched cd /home/***/SOURCE/Second_Life/kokua/Kokua_FTRLV_6_4_22_51074_x86_64: /home/***/SOURCE/Second_Life/kokua/Kokua_FTRLV_6_4_22_51074_x86_64/bin/SLVoice -ll 0 -lf /home/***/.kokua/logs -lp SLVoice -ls .log -st 5 -i 127.0.0.1:41575

2021-08-27T20:01:02Z WARNING #Voice# newview/winevoicevivox.cpp(814) LLVivoxVoiceClient::callbackEndDaemon : SLVoice terminated {'data':i-1,'desc':'SLVoice (1352300)','id':i1352300,'state':i2,'string':'SLVoice (1352300) exited with code -1'}
2021-08-27T20:01:02Z WARNING #Voice# newview/winevoicevivox.cpp(1775) LLVivoxVoiceClient::terminateAudioSession : terminateAudioSession(0) with NULL mAudioSession

 

Kokua and FS aren't the same, but I assume they share pretty much all the voice code.

I'm kinda glad it's broken. I gave it a fair shake, but I vastly preffer text. No "what was that word?" or "could you enunciate more?" and on text people are generally much more respectful about taking turns in the conversation and giving adequate space to make a reply.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

 

Kokua and FS aren't the same, but I assume they share pretty much all the voice code.

SLVoice is the same binary no matter what the viewer is. It is downloaded from LL repositories at build time

checking slvoice
downloading slvoice:
  http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/ct2/55967/524409/slvoice-4.10.0000.32327.5fc3fe7c.539691-windows64-539691.tar.bz2
     to c:\users\marissa\appdata\local\temp\install.cache.Marissa\slvoice-4.10.0000.32327.5fc3fe7c.539691-windows64-539691.tar.bz2
11 MB / 11 MB (100%)
verifying slvoice
installing slvoice
extracting from slvoice-4.10.0000.32327.5fc3fe7c.539691-windows64-539691.tar.bz2

32bit versions

checking slvoice
downloading slvoice:
  http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/ct2/55968/524423/slvoice-4.10.0000.32327.5fc3fe7c.539691-windows-539691.tar.bz2
     to c:\users\marissa\appdata\local\temp\install.cache.Marissa\slvoice-4.10.0000.32327.5fc3fe7c.539691-windows-539691.tar.bz2
10 MB / 10 MB (100%)
verifying slvoice
installing slvoice
extracting from slvoice-4.10.0000.32327.5fc3fe7c.539691-windows-539691.tar.bz2

The only exception (that I know of) is the Windows binaries included in the Linux version of Firestorm are for SLVoice 4.6 to be used in Wine as an alternative to the old native SLVoice 3.2 which is old and troublesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, MarissaOrloff said:

The only exception (that I know of) is the Windows binaries included in the Linux version of Firestorm are for SLVoice 4.6 to be used in Wine as an alternative to the old native SLVoice 3.2 which is old and troublesome.

Ahh, seems the problem for me personally was that perhaps a month ago or so, something seems to have flipped my FSLinuxEnableWin32VoiceProxy debug setting from true to false. flipped it back to get voice working again. . . not that I'll ever use it. 🤮

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Ahh, seems the problem for me personally was that perhaps a month ago or so, something seems to have flipped my FSLinuxEnableWin32VoiceProxy debug setting from true to false. flipped it back to get voice working again. . . not that I'll ever use it. 🤮

To use SLVoice 3.2 native in Linux you just need to install the correct 32 bit libraries as voice in Linux is all 32 bit. 

Below is from a notecard I made detailing how setup SLVoice in Linux without Wine

Ubuntu 21.04 and Mint 20.2 (older versions will work also)

**Start non wine installation**

1) sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

2) Download https://www.dropbox.com/s/ua11xl2yimf0iox/libortp9_3.6.1-3build1_i386.deb?dl=0

3) download https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejhd0traot4pusa/libortp-dev_3.6.1-3build1_i386.deb?dl=0
 
 **if you do not trust the packages in my dropbox you are free to search for them on your own (libortp is not in the Ubuntu repositories for newer versions)  **
  
4) sudo dpkg -i libortp9_3.6.1-3build1_i386.deb
 
   **fail but fine**
   
5) sudo dpkg -i libortp-dev_3.6.1-3build1_i386.deb
  
   **fail again but fine**
  
6) sudo apt install -f    **fix broken dependencies**

7) sudo apt install lib32z1 libidn11:i386 libuuid1:i386 libsndfile1:i386 libstdc++6:i386 libpulse0:i386 

😎 run firestorm and enjoy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MarissaOrloff said:

Old specific library versions

Yeah, mixing and matching old library versions with more recent ones is a sure-fire way to totally mess up your system. I'm not a linux-executable purist if the executable can't be recompiled for new library versions or at the very least statically linked.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Yeah, mixing and matching old library versions with more recent ones is a sure-fire way to totally mess up your system. I'm not a linux-executable purist if the executable can't be recompiled for new library versions or at the very least statically linked.

Its not going to mess anything up. Wine has already installed most of these to your system already with the exception of libidn11:i386 if I remember correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, MarissaOrloff said:

Wine has already installed most of these to your system already with the exception of libidn11:i386 if I remember correctly.

I thought your guide was without wine?

Edit: Actually seems like it's not neccesarily version problems but finding these weird libraries. interesting. Out of curiosity where are you getting your libvivoxsdk.so libvivoxplatform.so and libvivoxoal.so.1 from?

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

I thought your guide was without wine?

Edit: Actually seems like it's not neccesarily version problems but finding these weird libraries. interesting. Out of curiosity where are you getting your libvivoxsdk.so libvivoxplatform.so and libvivoxoal.so.1 from?

Guide is for without Wine but many people have it installed anyways but would like to use native Linux for voice. Apt is not going to install an older version on top of a newer unless you chose to force it.

Those native Linux binaries come from Firestorms third party repository but they originate from LL when they last supported Linux. http://3p.firestormviewer.org/slvoice-3.2.0002.10426.298329-linux-20160717.tar.bz2

 

 

 

SLvoiceLinux.png

Edited by MarissaOrloff
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 9:26 PM, MarissaOrloff said:

Those native Linux binaries come from Firestorms third party repository but they originate from LL when they last supported Linux. http://3p.firestormviewer.org/slvoice-3.2.0002.10426.298329-linux-20160717.tar.bz2

The URL is typed correctly, but the link seems not ( I think it' s missing the http:// - referral ).

Thanks very much for posting this ! It was absolutely essential to get SLVoice working with Debian 11 and without the Wine-solution. Kudos for posting !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...