Land Contribution Question

Liz Elan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I  have a question  , i have a premium account and recentrly i read somewhere about the land contribution to a group , I am a little confused , so i have a land of 1024 sq.m. in estates(NOT mainland) but with my alt which i pay tiers weekly , how can i use my premium account with this ? (the land is deed to the group)

2 minutes ago, Liz Elan said:

I  have a question  , i have a premium account and recentrly i read somewhere about the land contribution to a group , I am a little confused , so i have a land of 1024 sq.m. in estates(NOT mainland) but with my alt which i pay tiers weekly , how can i use my premium account with this ? (the land is deed to the group)

Donation of premium-account tier only applies to mainland.

• Like 2

This is something that I've never done, but I think I see how to do it.

First, be very sure that your free 1024 tier is not in use anywhere.

Then open the info box of the group you want to donate your tier to.

In the Land/Assets tab, there is a textbox for you to enter your contribution. Type the amount of tier in there - 1024 if you donate all of your free premium tier.

DO NOT go over the amount of unused tier that you have or you will end up paying for more tier. I think you would be warned about it though if you tried to do that.

You can remove the donation at any time.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

Theresa is right. Tier donation only applies to mainland.

I have recently seen a thread but can't remember where here of donating tier to a rental group in return for some land or credits...? Perhaps someone else could elucidate? Which would be a way to use the tier allowance...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

Theresa is right. Tier donation only applies to mainland.

I have recently seen a thread but can't remember where here of donating tier to a rental group in return for some land or credits...? Perhaps someone else could elucidate? Which would be a way to use the tier allowance...

At one time Luxory would allow you to rent (pay tier) on a second parcel to use the prims on a primary parcel, therefor increasing prims.

As to the OP, I would assume the alt(since they are NOT premium) would be disallowed to take part in this program.

Edited by Doris Johnsky
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Liz Elan said:

You can't deed your tier to Estate land, only mainland.  If you want either account to be able to pay tier then you need to ask your landlord to ensure that both of your accounts are in the group and have permission to pay the rentbox. But there is no way to use your mainland allocation on estate land.

3 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

Some land groups will accept a tier donation in lieu of reduced rent. However this would only be applicable if the landlords group includes mainland holdings. There's no tier to be offset on Estate land. I expect @Prokofy Neva will know more about how that works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

You can't deed your tier to Estate land, only mainland.  If you want either account to be able to pay tier then you need to ask your landlord to ensure that both of your accounts are in the group and have permission to pay the rentbox. But there is no way to use your mainland allocation on estate land.

Some land groups will accept a tier donation in lieu of reduced rent. However this would only be applicable if the landlords group includes mainland holdings. There's no tier to be offset on Estate land. I expect @Prokofy Neva will know more about how that works.

No, you cannot *technically* use the tier intended only for Mainland, and put in an end-user's lot or a land group as a contribution.

But of course there is a way to use your tier allocated for Mainland on your private island. You just have that policy in your rentals business. There aren't that many who accept tier in lieu of cash at a fixed rate in Mainland rentals, but I'm not the only one for sure. And those that accept tier donations then apply them to private islands or homestead if they have those in their land holdings. So it's not about a literal electronic act you do, typing a tier amount into the box of a group on a private island, because it will not work and "go nowhere" as it is not programmed to work.

But you can have the policy to accept tier and then the person puts tier in your *Mainland* group for *application* on your private island.

It's good that there are still many things in at least our virtual world that are not lock-step code-as-law functions but transactions that rely on policies and trust.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.