Help Finding this Cap name/Store

Sephy McCaw

Hello all,

Long time lurker. I am wondering if any one could possibly be able to help  me and my wife find this item. It is  her favourite hat and it has gone from her inventory.

We believe it was a hunt item sometime between 2008 and 2009. 

the store was split into two
 on one side was mens, and there was a middle part like ground, then another store on the other side, womens
 and off the top of my head the mens caps were roughly 250L
 it was a high class store,  there was a like  a semi ramp walk part down to the doors on the mens side
 and lots of glass around the store (glass windows) modern metal seating
 very modern looking store

cap.JPG

Edited by Sephy McCaw
adding more info

With the information you provide I doubt anyone can help. Unless they recognize the cap.

You got it so long ago the store is not likely to still have it up. The chance of the store still being there is slim too.

You can look through the 26,000+ caps for sale in the marketplace.

I suggest you check her account for a bug that causes inventory to not show in the viewer. Firestorm Missing Inventory. If this doesn't reveal it, it is probably time to go shopping.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sephy McCaw said:

Hello all,

Long time lurker. I am wondering if any one could possibly be able to help  me and my wife find this item. It is  her favourite hat and it has gone from her inventory.

We believe it was a hunt item sometime between 2008 and 2009. 

the store was split into two
 on one side was mens, and there was a middle part like ground, then another store on the other side, womens
 and off the top of my head the mens caps were roughly 250L
 it was a high class store,  there was a like  a semi ramp walk part down to the doors on the mens side
 and lots of glass around the store (glass windows) modern metal seating
 very modern looking store

cap.JPG

Your description of the store sounds like Lelutka.  

Hi, I'm the dork that lost her snapback.....

I know it's a complete long shot of finding the creator or name of the creator much less the name of the store and being able to get another copy of this cap.

I have trawled through the other 26,000 + on MP. Nothing measures up to this one insignificant cap. And I do not use Firestorm. I'm that old that yes, I still put up with the good ole SL viewer. 

I know I could just as easily make a new one too, granted it wouldn't be as great as the original.

This cap holds a lot of sentimental value to me, as silly as that may sound. And I would really like to find the creator of it and possibly purchase a copy of it but more than that, just let them know how much something they might have thought didn't carry a lot of value in SL, really did and still does to someone in RL.

Thank you for your replies.

From the description, was the store possibly Beauty Avatar Couture? The Lelutka connection comes to mind, because Glam Affair creator Aida Ewing used to make clothing for Beauty Avatar Couture. (In fact, I believe that BAC was the precursor brand that later became Glam Affair.)

Edited by Skell Dagger

14 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

From the description, was the store possibly Beauty Avatar Couture? The Lelutka connection comes to mind, because Glam Affair creator Aida Ewing used to make clothing for Beauty Avatar Couture. (In fact, I believe that BAC was the precursor brand that later became Glam Affair.)

Thank you for your reply. I'm going to hunt.....uh.....check them out...lol

Awww I understand the cute memories we have with some certain things in SL. 

But in this case I do not believe that this is even still up for sale at all. Have you got a Flickr account? Maybe upload the picture there and ask if anyone recognizes it. Many designers are in certain big SL Flickr groups so add it there and just hope the designer in question remembers it.

That's the only advice I have in this case sadly ( ◜‿◝ )♡

On 8/13/2021 at 8:21 PM, Gwin LeShelle said:

Awww I understand the cute memories we have with some certain things in SL. 

But in this case I do not believe that this is even still up for sale at all. Have you got a Flickr account? Maybe upload the picture there and ask if anyone recognizes it. Many designers are in certain big SL Flickr groups so add it there and just hope the designer in question remembers it.

That's the only advice I have in this case sadly ( ◜‿◝ )♡

Sorry for the delay in replying to you. No I don't have a Flickr account but that's a fabulous idea, thank you!