Second Life Voice stopped working

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 982 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all. 

I'm currently using Black Dragon and my voice just randomly stopped working in the middle of a session. Full icon greyed out, nothing. 

I've made sure I have voice enabled, slvoice.exe is not blocked by a firewall, viewer is fully updated to the newest version, and the headset works (I tested on a different application). I even went into Firestorm and voice will not work for me there either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

9 hours ago, Storii Darkheart said:

The toolbar button icon that can be clicked to show you have voice turned on is greyed out. 

If you go to Avatar > Preferences > Sound & Media > Voice   Is enable voice checked? If yes click Audio Device settings. Is that grayed out? If that is grayed out do you have a microphone setup in Windows? 

((LL Viewer)) Me > Preferences > Sound & Media > Voice Chat (check for a check there) > Voice Input/Output Devices

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-set-up-and-test-microphones-in-windows-ba9a4aab-35d1-12ee-5835-cccac7ee87a4#ID0EDD=Windows_10

Edited by MarissaOrloff

As I stated in the original post, yes. Voice is checked enabled. My headset works fine as I tested it on multiple different applications. The issue persists in multiple viewers. 

I’ve sent in a ticket regardless as it is affecting my account on not just my main computer but also a secondary device I tried. Even multiple different internet/network connections. 

10 hours ago, Storii Darkheart said:

As I stated in the original post, yes. Voice is checked enabled. My headset works fine as I tested it on multiple different applications. The issue persists in multiple viewers. 

I’ve sent in a ticket regardless as it is affecting my account on not just my main computer but also a secondary device I tried. Even multiple different internet/network connections. 

Thanks for that clarification. 

Not having voice on another computer/network environment is not good. Lets check to see what error vivox is kicking back when you try to enable/restart voice. On your next login go to developer options ( avatar > preferences > advanced > check "show developer options" ). In the dev options menu down at the bottom select "Console window on next run". Try to restart slvoice and look in the debug window (or in c:\users\$USER_NAME\Application_Data\Firestorm_x64\logs\firestorm.log). I think you might be getting a "not authorized" error from vivox. A successful entry will look like this.

2021-08-10T09:07:11Z INFO #Voice# newview/llvoicevivox.cpp(623) LLVivoxVoiceClient::userAuthorized : name "marissaorloff_resident" , ID feb97ff8-8469-4b2a-adda-27adeea92f5c

Have you tried voice with your alt(s)? I had this same issue with my main (no voice) but alts were fine.

Please let me know how this goes.

17 hours ago, MarissaOrloff said:

Thanks for that clarification. 

Not having voice on another computer/network environment is not good. Lets check to see what error vivox is kicking back when you try to enable/restart voice. On your next login go to developer options ( avatar > preferences > advanced > check "show developer options" ). In the dev options menu down at the bottom select "Console window on next run". Try to restart slvoice and look in the debug window (or in c:\users\$USER_NAME\Application_Data\Firestorm_x64\logs\firestorm.log). I think you might be getting a "not authorized" error from vivox. A successful entry will look like this.

2021-08-10T09:07:11Z INFO #Voice# newview/llvoicevivox.cpp(623) LLVivoxVoiceClient::userAuthorized : name "marissaorloff_resident" , ID feb97ff8-8469-4b2a-adda-27adeea92f5c

Have you tried voice with your alt(s)? I had this same issue with my main (no voice) but alts were fine.

Please let me know how this goes.

So I went onto Firestorm to check because I don't usually use firestorm and... voice was just working again? So I logged into Black Dragon and it is also working there again...

I don't know why it all of a sudden decided it would be working again after 3 days but it seems to be good again.

Thank you for your assistance, regardless haha

4 hours ago, Storii Darkheart said:

So I went onto Firestorm to check because I don't usually use firestorm and... voice was just working again? So I logged into Black Dragon and it is also working there again...

I don't know why it all of a sudden decided it would be working again after 3 days but it seems to be good again.

Thank you for your assistance, regardless haha

I think it was just an account issue with Vivox. I've had that happen before. They key was it was happening on multiple machines. Unfortunately the only solution is time (for LL/Vivox to fix it). Glad its all working again! :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 982 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.