Anime/Cartoon avatars show me your looks and give me your tips

Jinx Lavarock

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

If someone doesn't recognize you have an anime avatar and only thinks you have a child avatar, they are quite possibly an older person who hasn't been exposed to anime.

Yeah I need to keep in mind most sl users are older adults and no offense to them but they can sometimes be.....a way. But yeah that explains it I keep forgetting.

On 8/8/2021 at 3:38 AM, Jinx Lavarock said:

It's just bonkers to me how second life lends itself to so much creative freedom yet too many of the users are superficial and unaccepting

I think the reason for this is that these superficial and unaccepting people come here for that very reason. They can get away with behaviors that in public in RL would not be acceptable. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jinx Lavarock said:

Yeah I need to keep in mind most sl users are older adults and no offense to them but they can sometimes be.....a way. But yeah that explains it I keep forgetting.

"younger" people are all snowflakes, and "it want it and i want it now" mentality ... or is that judging?... you might want to overthink your post about older adults... what a rubbish.

If you'r not welcome as Anime, you'r nothing else as furries, giants, or any other different looking avatar. Go to places where you are welcome.
Landowners can ban anyone they want.

22 hours ago, Voleuse Amiga said:

Here's a snapshot of how I look right now.  I've spent as much effort making sure it looks adult as I care for and respect other's people opinions:

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.160422d946ab32838c8e043853ff3d2d.png

sorry, but for me that doesn't look like a adult. I would eject and ban you from my adult region with adult objects everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

sorry, but for me that doesn't look like a adult. I would eject and ban you from my adult region with adult objects everywhere.

Haha, no need to apologize.  For those a wee bit slower on the uptake, I spent just as much effort on making that AV looking adult as I care for and respect the views & feefees of other people on this matter - which is to say, none at all.

Edited by Voleuse Amiga

29 minutes ago, Voleuse Amiga said:

Haha, no need to apologize.  For those a wee bit slower on the uptake, I spent just as much effort on making that AV looking adult as I care for and respect the views & feefees of other people on this matter - which is to say, none at all.

if you demand respect but not even think to give it.. you get what you deserve.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

if you demand respect but not even think to give it.. you get what you deserve.

Where did you see me demand respect anywhere in the thread?

If someone doesn't contribute anything positive to my life, then I won't care whether they approve or disapprove how I appear in SL or what I do in general. 

You made a very respectful comment on what you would do as a landowner based on your own views, and got a similar respectful comment how someone else perceive said views.  You got what you deserved ❤️

People are inconsistent. People think what they think. Few actually have reasons for what they think. Most can't even give a coherent and reasonable explanation for what they believe much less why.

If Alwin thinks you look child-like and owns the region... it is his right to kick you out. There is nothing you can do about that. On the other hand, if you own a region, you can kick Alwin out just because you don't like him or want to get even. There is nothing he can do about that.

Leaving people alone to do what they do and think what they think seems a lost art. Making Alwin conform to your thinking is an authoritarian behavior we label fascist. Attempting to control what anyone thinks is considered fascist. Attempting to talk the world into having Alwin conform to your wants is an exercise in either democracy and legitimate debate or a pull to authoritarian rule and propaganda.

If one is into freedom they simply acknowledge someone is a bigot, ignorant, or whatever and moves on. Everyone has the right to be stupid. The chaos of the free-market will solve the problem.

It is fine to be disgusted with bigotry and ignorance. Its what you decide to try and do about it that decides if you are a libertarian or a fascist.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

If one is into freedom they simply acknowledge someone is a bigot, ignorant, or whatever and moves on. Everyone has the right to be stupid. The chaos of the free-market will solve the problem.

You're right, it does me no good to continue my exchange with Alwin.  I shall move on.

On 8/9/2021 at 12:15 PM, Voleuse Amiga said:

Here's a snapshot of how I look right now.  I've spent as much effort making sure it looks adult as I care for and respect other's people opinions:

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.160422d946ab32838c8e043853ff3d2d.png

If being perceived as a child really bugs you, try playing around with different AOs as well.  The right body language can contribute a lot to your perceived age.

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I was going to say something similar yesterday, but I decided not to out of kindness. When you're in world and busy, it's fine to just go with a gut response, and the feel of the room (everyone else thinks the avi looks like a child, I (the land owner) should go with the flow) But on a forum, where you have ample time, giving a short response like that comes off as a bit rude (Always good to remember (on  both sides) that text can mean different things depending on how we assume the person might be saying it)

Constructive criticism: As Rowan said earlier, I think the big eyes thing is getting me. (Is that the "chibi" style head? The chibi aesthetic in general doesn't seem very adultifiable to me) Perhaps making the eyes smaller and closer together, and making the nose and mouth bigger would help a bit. Also, the dress. Nothing's wrong with frilly dresses on adults, but to me the bow in the center screams "Japanese school uniform".

2 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

I was going to say something similar yesterday, but I decided not to out of kindness. When you're in world and busy, it's fine to just go with a gut response, and the feel of the room (everyone else thinks the avi looks like a child, I (the land owner) should go with the flow) But on a forum, where you have ample time, giving a short response like that comes off as a bit rude (Always good to remember (on  both sides) that text can mean different things depending on how we assume the person might be saying it)

Constructive criticism: As Rowan said earlier, I think the big eyes thing is getting me. (Is that the "chibi" style head? The chibi aesthetic in general doesn't seem very adultifiable to me) Perhaps making the eyes smaller and closer together, and making the nose and mouth bigger would help a bit. Also, the dress. Nothing's wrong with frilly dresses on adults, but to me the bow in the center screams "Japanese school uniform".

The AV looks blatantly young and the message along with the picture was meant as a tongue in cheek way to try to cheer up the OP - "No effort was actually made, because no care is given".  The message certainly did not come across clearly for all and that's on me.  Sorry for the confusion there, but I'm not trying to make that AV look adult or anything of that nature.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voleuse Amiga said:

message along with the picture was meant as a tongue in cheek

Ahh, "tongue in cheek" doesn't come across so well in text, especially when you're not intimately familiar with your interlocutors.

A "/s" or "😛" goes a long way.

the most important thing is to realize that you can't control others opinions. you should appreciate the people and places you can find that respect your avatar as an adult.

but i have to say there is nothing creepy, wrong, or against the sl rules just by using a child avatar. only involving them in adult situations is. most child avatars in sl have no intentions to, they are there to relive their childhood through g rated roleplay.

my avatar has a flat chest, small hips, and is 4'3 tall. i consider her as 8 years old and i dress her and treat her like she is. i even use an anime head just as you do! anime was a big part of my childhood. and even now the anime i watch are those aimed for kids, i don't care for fanservice or blood. and i'm not interested in making my avatar fit in and be a realistic adult either, life is too short to care what others think of or assume about me. sure i can't visit adult lands, but i was never interested in them anyway. xD

4pa1s8.png

Edited by mymewody
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2021 at 11:27 PM, Jinx Lavarock said:

to clarify im 23 not a kid 😬. by older adults i meant like 30s 40s etc. also thank you to those who said encouraging things. So often I do try to "ignore the haters" depsite my mental nonsense but it is hard to ignore when sim owners enter my dms assuming disgusting things or worse just outright kicking me. Makes trying to peacefully exist in sl really a pain sometimes. now im going back to ignoring this forum bc its gotten stressful i wish you could delete things

Edited by Jinx Lavarock

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.