Jump to content

Anime/Cartoon avatars show me your looks and give me your tips


Jinx Lavarock
 Share

Recommended Posts

Each day I am closer to quitting sl because weirdos seem to think any anime avi is the same as a damn child despite having noticeable boobs or anything and im feeling down. Kinda just curious about what other anime avis look like I guess as a means of cheering myself up and reminding myself I'm not alone. But also would love some suggestions and where to find more anime style hair [I'm already aware of stuff like ayashi and bakapantsu] and clothes for like, the normie bodies. [Maitreya and Legacy]. I mean personally I'm loving kemono [with boob mods only bc w/o them it looks kinda......kinda uh.....well...] but the selection is kinda limited compared to the more mainstream bodies. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You might want to look at some of the pictures in the following thread.  It's relatively new, and isn't in the same section as most of the avatar pictures, so hasn't developed a big following yet, but there's some good anime avatars pictured in it, and if you see something you like, you can always message the person who posted and ask where they got various things...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

You might want to look at some of the pictures in the following thread.  It's relatively new, and isn't in the same section as most of the avatar pictures, so hasn't developed a big following yet, but there's some good anime avatars pictured in it, and if you see something you like, you can always message the person who posted and ask where they got various things...

 

Oh cool! Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok!

honestly there's a section of people who will see anime avatars and scream 'CHILD!!!!!!' no matter what, and you just gotta live with that - usually these are the same people that have a hateon for furry avatars too. anything that goes against their 'norm' of realistic human avatars is suddenly problematic, it makes no sense but this is SL and people can moderate their parcels how they want

i'd definitely go for getting a mainstream body (or the SG regalia which i personally use and recommend, i believe there's inexpensive human skins on the mp if you search 'regalia human'). the clothing options are more than worth it and the shapes you can achieve may be considered more 'adult'

hairs i suck at choosing but i use VCO and miwas hair, theyre not like.... explicitly toony but have the vibes, i guess?

mainstream body clothing i usually use brands reminiscent of k- and j-fashion, like cheezu, amitomo, m.birdie, etc etc. the last two are almost entirely gacha clothing though, so the downside of being no mod and no copy with the upside of having cheap resells on the MP.
depending on if you want more 'anime-y'/traditional japanese clothing, i definitely recc exia and PSS(paint the sky with stars), as well as bare rose if you want a fun time flying around a labyrinth

there's more of us than you think! though i've noticed anime avatars like to keep huddled in exclusively 'anime' spaces 

i've shared my own pics in the anime thread linked above, but this is a basic reference my my avatar's modern casual look

Snapshot_004.png

head is the asr aeon, top and skirt are from m.birdie, shoes are from sweet thing, and hair is from vco

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jinx Lavarock said:

Each day I am closer to quitting sl because weirdos seem to think any anime avi is the same as a damn child despite having noticeable boobs or anything and im feeling down. Kinda just curious about what other anime avis look like I guess as a means of cheering myself up and reminding myself I'm not alone. But also would love some suggestions and where to find more anime style hair [I'm already aware of stuff like ayashi and bakapantsu] and clothes for like, the normie bodies. [Maitreya and Legacy]. I mean personally I'm loving kemono [with boob mods only bc w/o them it looks kinda......kinda uh.....well...] but the selection is kinda limited compared to the more mainstream bodies. 

 

Yeah... and any avatar under 5-10 (1.82) can't be here because it is probably a child... I hate that! But there are lots of places smaller avatars are accepted. I ignore those that kick me for being a 5-10  36-24-38 tattooed "child"...  maroons...

People are scared of so many things and react in strange ways. Don't let their ignorance and cowardice drive you out or make you miserable. If you aren't finding the anime community, bounce through the forum sections asking. Search the Destination Guide, it lists 17 regions. Searching the marketplace will give you anime stores, but marketplace search sucks and will be tedious because of the false hits. Searching groups returns 555 anime related groups. If you search 'groups' with the Firestorm viewer you can sort the results for those with the most members, which are likely the most active. Join and ask your questions in the big groups.

Remember. SL is world wide. SO we have groups that are predominantly; European, Arabic, Brazilian, American, Australian, Japanese, Chinese, and Russian. They have peak users at different times of day. They are often quite most of the SLT day and pick up when that group comes on after their work day. Takes some experimenting to find out when you can get answers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you both so much. I just get so genuinely hurt disgusted and upset about being considered a child when I'm not due to 1) being insecure irl I don't look adult enough (even though I'm young like. 23.) And 2) the mere assumption I'm associated with p*do anything is...so triggering esp given my own past like how dare you make that assumption simply because I don't look like Kim Kardashian. It's just bonkers to me how second life lends itself to so much creative freedom yet too many of the users are superficial, unaccepting, and demand you look a very uniform way or else. It's hard for me to remember sl can be what you make it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Yeah... and any avatar under 5-10 (1.82) can't be here because it is probably a child... I hate that! But there are lots of places smaller avatars are accepted. I ignore those that kick me for being a 5-10  36-24-38 tattooed "child"...  maroons...

People are scared of so many things and react in strange ways. Don't let their ignorance and cowardice drive you out or make you miserable. If you aren't finding the anime community, bounce through the forum sections asking. Search the Destination Guide, it lists 17 regions. Searching the marketplace will give you anime stores, but marketplace search sucks and will be tedious because of the false hits. Searching groups returns 555 anime related groups. If you search 'groups' with the Firestorm viewer you can sort the results for those with the most members, which are likely the most active. Join and ask your questions in the big groups.

Remember. SL is world wide. SO we have groups that are predominantly; European, Arabic, Brazilian, American, Australian, Japanese, Chinese, and Russian. They have peak users at different times of day. They are often quite most of the SLT day and pick up when that group comes on after their work day. Takes some experimenting to find out when you can get answers.

The ironic thing is I always make sure to be 1.82-3 and often give myself wide hips and bigger breasts for that reason and yet SOMEHOW people are still disgusting and upsetting about it. Thank you though! I'll check those things out.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, asteriddle said:

ok!

honestly there's a section of people who will see anime avatars and scream 'CHILD!!!!!!' no matter what, and you just gotta live with that - usually these are the same people that have a hateon for furry avatars too. anything that goes against their 'norm' of realistic human avatars is suddenly problematic, it makes no sense but this is SL and people can moderate their parcels how they want

i'd definitely go for getting a mainstream body (or the SG regalia which i personally use and recommend, i believe there's inexpensive human skins on the mp if you search 'regalia human'). the clothing options are more than worth it and the shapes you can achieve may be considered more 'adult'

hairs i suck at choosing but i use VCO and miwas hair, theyre not like.... explicitly toony but have the vibes, i guess?

mainstream body clothing i usually use brands reminiscent of k- and j-fashion, like cheezu, amitomo, m.birdie, etc etc. the last two are almost entirely gacha clothing though, so the downside of being no mod and no copy with the upside of having cheap resells on the MP.
depending on if you want more 'anime-y'/traditional japanese clothing, i definitely recc exia and PSS(paint the sky with stars), as well as bare rose if you want a fun time flying around a labyrinth

there's more of us than you think! though i've noticed anime avatars like to keep huddled in exclusively 'anime' spaces 

i've shared my own pics in the anime thread linked above, but this is a basic reference my my avatar's modern casual look

Snapshot_004.png

head is the asr aeon, top and skirt are from m.birdie, shoes are from sweet thing, and hair is from vco

It's ridiculous to me but yeah. I guess it helps to know it's not just me. 😔 Thank you though. Your avatar is lovely!!! I've been using the asr head more and more recently, it's so good.

Edited by Jinx Lavarock
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd recommend making your avatar as big as other avatars (or even bigger). Size is entirely relative in SL and there's really no need to make an anime avatar petite. It's hard for people to accuse you of being a child when you are towering over them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used to have a disclaimer in my profile that stated my avi that I was 5'9" tall in second life which is 5" taller than the average height for women and not a child  still got accused of it 

 

hint people of you build for RL scale you can do more with your land 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Atosuria Daviau said:

I used to have a disclaimer in my profile that stated my avi that I was 5'9" tall in second life which is 5" taller than the average height for women and not a child  still got accused of it 

 

hint people of you build for RL scale you can do more with your land 

I'm starting to feel like because my tastes are not the "norm", there is no winning with my choice of self expression. :(

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I'd recommend making your avatar as big as other avatars (or even bigger). Size is entirely relative in SL and there's really no need to make an anime avatar petite. It's hard for people to accuse you of being a child when you are towering over them. 

Unfortunately many places I've seen will just lump any anime Avis with children no matter how tall or curvy you are. The culture of sl confuses me 😔

 

especially when i look like this

 image.thumb.png.b71e8efe94123e4c7f13ad43923fd0a0.png

Edited by Jinx Lavarock
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Sorciaa said:

just be you, do what you like.. bugger the rest.. if people give you grief over your avi shape/size, ignore them and go elsewhere.

If I could like /upvote this a thousand times, I would. 

 

Be yourself, forget the haters. If these people a being cokwombles (was in another thread, now I'm using it)... Then forget them hun, cause you don't want to know these kind of people. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are plenty of better places on the grid that are more welcoming of all types of avatars. Haters gonna hate and idiots gonna idiot. They'll lump any short avatar, anime or not, with kids regardless of other markers of an adult.  Like others have said, be yourself and forget them.

Here is Eddy standing next to their brother who is of average SL height. Eddy is scaled to a more realistic proportioned RL human, and gets accused of being a child. One would think their beard suggests otherwise. (hahaha)

matchingoutfits.thumb.jpg.5de9bdbd114f35eff278a3cac138680d.jpg

And here is Eddy again standing next to a child avatar, a 7 year old, for height comparison.

realkidavie_001.thumb.png.2d5df94ec435c32d48fdcecca41d28e0.png

Anyone who doesn't know what an actual child looks like is not someone you'd want to hang out with anyway. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

There are plenty of better places on the grid that are more welcoming of all types of avatars. Haters gonna hate and idiots gonna idiot. They'll lump any short avatar, anime or not, with kids regardless of other markers of an adult.  Like others have said, be yourself and forget them.

Here is Eddy standing next to their brother who is of average SL height. Eddy is scaled to a more realistic proportioned RL human, and gets accused of being a child. One would think their beard suggests otherwise. (hahaha)

matchingoutfits.thumb.jpg.5de9bdbd114f35eff278a3cac138680d.jpg

And here is Eddy again standing next to a child avatar, a 7 year old, for height comparison.

realkidavie_001.thumb.png.2d5df94ec435c32d48fdcecca41d28e0.png

Anyone who doesn't know what an actual child looks like is not someone you'd want to hang out with anyway. 

It's so confusing to me that this is. Such a common problem???? Like have any of these people seen a real human being before???? I don't understand. Again at least it's not just me. I used to have my avatar be based on how I looked irl, then more so based on my art and I got scared I look like a child and worrying it's tied to p*do ***** but now I see people are just...painfully stupid. Sad but thank you.

Edited by Jinx Lavarock
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think it is at all surprising if people perceive an anime avatar as being child-like.  (I'm not saying it is right, just not surprising.)

One of the distinctive characteristics of anime characters is big eyes.  The human mind instinctively perceives big eyes as being a child-like quality.  We may not even be conscious of this perception,  but I would guess it can be enough to override any more adult aspects of the avatar's appearance.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's a snapshot of how I look right now.  I've spent as much effort making sure it looks adult as I care for and respect other's people opinions:

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.160422d946ab32838c8e043853ff3d2d.png

If being perceived as a child really bugs you, try playing around with different AOs as well.  The right body language can contribute a lot to your perceived age.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Ice Luv said:

I don't think it is at all surprising if people perceive an anime avatar as being child-like.  (I'm not saying it is right, just not surprising.)

One of the distinctive characteristics of anime characters is big eyes.  The human mind instinctively perceives big eyes as being a child-like quality.  We may not even be conscious of this perception,  but I would guess it can be enough to override any more adult aspects of the avatar's appearance.

I get this for some anime Avis but there are plenty of mature looking ones and if you really think a character with noticable boobs hips and an adult style of dress is a child I genuinely don't know what to say to you. 

 

**Sorry if this was rude I just don't get it.

Edited by Jinx Lavarock
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jinx Lavarock said:

I get this for some anime Avis but there are plenty of mature looking ones and if you really think a character with noticable boobs hips and an adult style of dress is a child I genuinely don't know what to say to you. 

 

**Sorry if this was rude I just don't get it.

Mature doesn't always equate to adult.  Girls tend to enter puberty around age 12-13.  I recall several girls who developed quite early back in grade school.  They definitely had mature bodies by middle school, aged 13-15.  If you've ever driven past a high school when students are out, you'll notice a lot who dress rather adult.  Again, ages between 15-18.  Except for those aged 18, all still considered children.

Take all of that into consideration and add a distinct childlike face as @Ice Luvmentioned.  I'm not saying you can't or.shouldn't look how you choose in SL.  That's your right.  I'm just explaining why some people will always see anime as childlike.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Mature doesn't always equate to adult.  Girls tend to enter puberty around age 12-13.  I recall several girls who developed quite early back in grade school.  They definitely had mature bodies by middle school, aged 13-15.  If you've ever driven past a high school when students are out, you'll notice a lot who dress rather adult.  Again, ages between 15-18.  Except for those aged 18, all still considered children.

Take all of that into consideration and add a distinct childlike face as @Ice Luvmentioned.  I'm not saying you can't or.shouldn't look how you choose in SL.  That's your right.  I'm just explaining why some people will always see anime as childlike.

There's also teens that look like Instagram models so by that logic everyone could be a child. I kind of get what you're saying I'm just disgusted and confused. On top of that this is why I wish child Avis were never a thing to begin with. If people assume children wear adult clothes and have giant unrealistic ***** and hips then. What the hell is going on with actual child avis

Edited by Jinx Lavarock
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jinx Lavarock said:

There's also teens that look like Instagram models so by that logic everyone could be a child. I kind of get what you're saying I'm just disgusted and confused. On top of that this is why I wish child Avis were never a thing to begin with. If people assume children wear adult clothes and have giant unrealistic ***** and hips then. What the hell is going on with actual child avis

I was only trying to explain why boobs and hips don't necessarily say adult to some people when the face is anime.  Most, although by no means all, anime avatars I've seen around tend to be more on the slim side.  I've really only seen adult places having any kind of warning about them.  Every place else seems to be ok.

As someone else said, do you and don't concern yourself with what others think.  There will still be people who see them as childlike and there really isn't anything you can do or say to change them.  Just ignore them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

I was only trying to explain why boobs and hips don't necessarily say adult to some people when the face is anime.  Most, although by no means all, anime avatars I've seen around tend to be more on the slim side.  I've really only seen adult places having any kind of warning about them.  Every place else seems to be ok.

As someone else said, do you and don't concern yourself with what others think.  There will still be people who see them as childlike and there really isn't anything you can do or say to change them.  Just ignore them.

Yeah of course, I'm sorry if I sounded upset at you at all. This topic and the mere idea of me being tied to something gross simply for being myself really really upsets me. I do see what you're saying I'm just confused at other people (not you.)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...