Random Teleport

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A random question for a Saturday. Is there a way to randomly teleport around Second Life? I enjoy randomstreetview.com, which sends you to different places on Google Street View. It would be fun if property owners could link in to something similar, maybe even in different categories (shops vs. communities vs. resorts vs. clubs, for example). Want to walk on a beach? Go to Random Beach and find one. Shopping for landscaping? Go to Random Landscaping Shop and see what's out there. We all know search has been borked forever. I just think this could be fun.

Edited by Rusalka Writer
punctuation

Would be easy enough to implement if you got a bunch of people together who had destinations to add to the pool. it would b a bit of a pain to manage though, and if you let people choose their own categories it'd be abused.

If you actually want to find random places, I'm sure you already know about the Destination Guide , you could just roll random number and pick that from your favorite category.

I just open the Map and double click on it. If I'm feeling particularly frisky, I'll search for a lump of green dots, fly up to a couple hundred meters, double click the lump, then stop flying and crash into the crowd. I wear a thing that creates a big cloud of dust on impact. I love making a grand entrance.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 8/7/2021 at 9:23 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

I just open the Map and double click on it. If I'm feeling particularly frisky, I'll search for a lump of green dots, fly up to a couple hundred meters, double click the lump, then stop flying and crash into the crowd. I wear a thing that creates a big cloud of dust on impact. I love making a grand entrance.

I have that object too!  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Curio-Obscura-Crash-Into-The-Ground/1510602?page=1

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 984 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.