Jump to content

Firework Season x3


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

In Japan we have lots of fireworks in summer, so I want to rezz some hanabi particles on my parcel.

I checked the covenant, and it says particles should be restricted to your parcel, that would be the case!

But is it out of season/theme? Will some neighbour claim that they got eyesore from my fireworks, because yes its restricted to my parcel but no chance to not see it x3 

I have some cute sun particles on my parcel already for ages no problem but those are not shooting into the sky x3 and I do not want some angry mole shaking his little paw at me and my fireworks when I login some day XD

My hubby said I should just rezz it, since no one seems to enforce the covenant anyways (we reported someone with a security orb that send you home instantly without a warning, for months now, its still up so thats why hes a little bitter haha) but I just want to make sure!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

In Japan we have lots of fireworks in summer, so I want to rezz some hanabi particles on my parcel.

I checked the covenant, and it says particles should be restricted to your parcel, that would be the case!

But is it out of season/theme? Will some neighbour claim that they got eyesore from my fireworks, because yes its restricted to my parcel but no chance to not see it x3 

I have some cute sun particles on my parcel already for ages no problem but those are not shooting into the sky x3 and I do not want some angry mole shaking his little paw at me and my fireworks when I login some day XD

My hubby said I should just rezz it, since no one seems to enforce the covenant anyways (we reported someone with a security orb that send you home instantly without a warning, for months now, its still up so thats why hes a little bitter haha) but I just want to make sure!

I'd rez them.  I've seen particles on other people's parcels.  Most won't care and if LL does decide that they should not be there, they will simply return them with a message about why.  You only get in trouble for stuff like that if you repeat the offense.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'd rez them.  I've seen particles on other people's parcels.  Most won't care and if LL does decide that they should not be there, they will simply return them with a message about why.  You only get in trouble for stuff like that if you repeat the offense.

It's not even real particles it's some low lag thing that just looks like particles ... I am not good enough at English to find the right words so this explanation needs to do it x3 but yes I saw some too at other parcels, so I think I will just rezz them and enjoy them...I bet this will look awesome above the water at my stilt home *seal claps* x3 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's really great that you're taking the time to ask about this.  Yes, I would rez them.  If I were your neighbor and found them awful, I would try contacting you first (so watch your messages when you login :) ), instead of ARing them.  If someone does report them, then it's up to LL to make the judgement call as to whether they're a severe enough eyesore to return, and frankly I can't imagine anyone taking the time to investigate (covenant enforcement is done by Lindens, not usually moles).

If they're visible from a distance and you think they might bother people, the really considerate thing to do would be to have them run only when you are around.  For example, you (or any group member) could push a button to start them, and have them run for 3 or 4 hours, then shut off automatically. If you had made them yourself (in Firestorm, Build-Object-Particle editor), it would be easy to modify the script to do that (I could do it for you).  But if it's something you bought, particularly some mesh thing, you probably don't have that option.

If these fireworks are an object you put in the sky, be sure to make it phantom. 

Enjoy!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

I think it's really great that you're taking the time to ask about this.  Yes, I would rez them.  If I were your neighbor and found them awful, I would try contacting you first (so watch your messages when you login :) ), instead of ARing them.  If someone does report them, then it's up to LL to make the judgement call as to whether they're a severe enough eyesore to return, and frankly I can't imagine anyone taking the time to investigate (covenant enforcement is done by Lindens, not usually moles).

If they're visible from a distance and you think they might bother people, the really considerate thing to do would be to have them run only when you are around.  For example, you (or any group member) could push a button to start them, and have them run for 3 or 4 hours, then shut off automatically. If you had made them yourself (in Firestorm, Build-Object-Particle editor), it would be easy to modify the script to do that (I could do it for you).  But if it's something you bought, particularly some mesh thing, you probably don't have that option.

If these fireworks are an object you put in the sky, be sure to make it phantom. 

Enjoy!

Thats a good point, I always try to turn everything off before I go offline tho :D

And luckily I can turn those off very easily ^^ 

186202ac62fa46c6115c8a8a8686e1bf.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That looks so pretty, and I would probably love seeing them. People might be annoyed though if they made big loud booming sounds, and you did not have your sound restricted to your parcel. I have the fireworks from Madpea and I put them out on my stilt once or twice. I usually only have them going for 10 or so minutes at a time.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

That looks so pretty, and I would probably love seeing them. People might be annoyed though if they made big loud booming sounds, and you did not have your sound restricted to your parcel. I have the fireworks from Madpea and I put them out on my stilt once or twice. I usually only have them going for 10 or so minutes at a time.

Thank you ^^ Restricting sound to my parcel is the first thing I always tick when getting a new placec :D so yes they do mayke pretty, and calming boom soundies but only for me...or people that creep up on my parcel ^^

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

Thats a good point, I always try to turn everything off before I go offline tho :D

And luckily I can turn those off very easily ^^ 

186202ac62fa46c6115c8a8a8686e1bf.jpg

To me, all those floating things in the air (lanterns maybe??) they are an eyesore and I would find the fireworks annoying. But my first line would be to try and derender things and only contact you if I could not successfully derender.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

To me, all those floating things in the air (lanterns maybe??) they are an eyesore and I would find the fireworks annoying. But my first line would be to try and derender things and only contact you if I could not successfully derender.

 

The LOD factor of my flying eyesore aka lanterns is set that you only see them when you are very very close like at my terrace ;) and I honestly see much much worse when I travel through linden home regions XD but thanks for the input.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

The LOD factor of my flying eyesore aka lanterns is set that you only see them when you are very very close like at my terrace ;) and I honestly see much much worse when I travel through linden home regions XD but thanks for the input.

There are plenty of real eyesores in SL, this does not strike me as one of them.  Nicely done fireworks.  Besides if your neighbors dont like them they can always derender them.

There are much more worse things in SL.   Heck I can wear out my derender feature alone derendering really poorly made hair...

And YaY for your summer celebration.  Have fun with your home!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

There are plenty of real eyesores in SL, this does not strike me as one of them.  Nicely done fireworks.  Besides if your neighbors dont like them they can always derender them.

There are much more worse things in SL.   Heck I can wear out my derender feature alone derendering really poorly made hair...

And YaY for your summer celebration.  Have fun with your home!

This is so cute 💗 thank you ヾ(・ω・*)ノ

And yes I feel a little overwhelmed when seeing flashy Christmas or Thanksgiving decorations in linden homes for example haha since we do not celebrate that ... Some do but not as crazy as in US haha but I sure enjoy to see my neighbours are having fun with their homes and make themselves comfy and at home.

I really prefer such neighbours over neighbours that have just an empty parcel for months...not even a skybox just nothing or only one adult bed in the middle of the room x3

( ◜‿◝ )♡

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...