Land impact during building

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, for my own project I'm currently interested in knowing more about 3d building. I'm not a creator but I'm curious about the topic and I hope to learn something new.
Let's say I'm working on something in Blender just because it's a free and OS software, I'm going to optimize my object anyway but I want to know during building how much land impact will have on SL even though I'm trying to use as few prims as I can.
Is there a way to know or "calculate" that before actually importing the stuff inworld?
Do you have your own way to tell "ok, this is just too detailed, I'm going to smooth it out" if I'm making any sense?

Thank you very much

Just go through the upload process but don't click the final "Upload" button. The "Calculate weights & fee" button will tell you the LI.

Uploading to the Beta grid is the most accurate way to assess this. Plus it will allow you to asses the visuals and look for any ommisions.

Also this. It's a much more thorough test (though that's a separate issue).

Edited by Quarrel Kukulcan
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Uploading to the Beta grid is the most accurate way to assess this. Plus it will allow you to asses the visuals and look for any ommisions.

19 hours ago, Quarrel Kukulcan said:

Just go through the upload process but don't click the final "Upload" button. The "Calculate weights & fee" button will tell you the LI.

Also this. It's a much more thorough test (though that's a separate issue).

Thank you both!
I had to look that up 'cause I didn't know what a Beta grid even was, also it's great to see I don't have to spend money to get previews and infos of a mesh that'd probably need some adjustments. Even though I'm assuming this method would take a lot of work when building something detailed like a body, for it would force me to render and than check on SL multiple version of the mesh at different stages. Because you know, I think correcting an almost finished mesh would be a lot more troubling from a technical perspective?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.