Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hi there, hope I am in the right section.
Could someone please tell me how much land impact and avatar complexity has the UTILIZATOR avatar? Are LI and avatar complexity the same thing?
Is it possible to edit it using the system sliders? (torso lenght is my main concern)

Thank you very much!

Edited by Reippi
(added tags)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Reippi said:

Hi there, hope I am in the right section.
Could someone please tell me how much land impact and avatar complexity has the UTILIZATOR avatar? Are LI and avatar complexity the same thing?

Thank you very much

wearables don't count against your Li . the complexity does however has impact on your rendering possibilities of your system.
Li and complexity are not the same.
Li is the amount of available rezzed "prims" for a certain size of land.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes what Alwin Alcott Said,

so if you are not rendering to someone else, their system (or settings) dont allow you to be fully shown,
We all have difrent pc's .. I have no problems rendering anything i want, but i am on a brand new high end gaming pc, when someone is on a lower end pc things might not show up (or not as good)
so the "heavier" your textures and shape ect the harder it is for the pc to be able to "render" make visable 

and id like to add this bit from the knowledgebase

Avatar Rendering Complexity is a numerical score representing how difficult it is to draw an avatar, ranging from a few hundred to hundreds of thousands.
It is affected by your avatar's shape, clothing, and attachments.
Since avatars are some of the most visually detailed objects in Second Life, avatars with complexity scores at the upper end of the range can severely impact performance of the Second Life Viewer.
Being aware of your own complexity and that of those around you can be an important part of managing the performance of your viewer and how your avatar affects the performance of other Second Life Residents.
*source knowledgebase



 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dot Dakota said:

Yes what Alwin Alcott Said,

so if you are not rendering to someone else, their system (or settings) dont allow you to be fully shown,
We all have difrent pc's .. I have no problems rendering anything i want, but i am on a brand new high end gaming pc, when someone is on a lower end pc things might not show up (or not as good)
so the "heavier" your textures and shape ect the harder it is for the pc to be able to "render" make visable 

and id like to add this bit from the knowledgebase

Avatar Rendering Complexity is a numerical score representing how difficult it is to draw an avatar, ranging from a few hundred to hundreds of thousands.
It is affected by your avatar's shape, clothing, and attachments.
Since avatars are some of the most visually detailed objects in Second Life, avatars with complexity scores at the upper end of the range can severely impact performance of the Second Life Viewer.
Being aware of your own complexity and that of those around you can be an important part of managing the performance of your viewer and how your avatar affects the performance of other Second Life Residents.
*source knowledgebase



 

Thank you, I do understand what both Alwin and you said. Since I made a return to SL after years I'd say the many issues about avatar complexity are worse than ever.
I created a new avatar using the many free group gifts available just to have a more modern character but then I noticed my avatar complexity was 63,578! Screw that.
I deleted the whole thing and inventory too and I'm currently moving around on one of the standard game character (ac 12,346)
Of course I'm not a creator nor an expert about 3d modelling but I'm really into it and I just love my game being smooth and good.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Reippi said:

Thank you, I do understand what both Alwin and you said. Since I made a return to SL after years I'd say the many issues about avatar complexity are worse than ever.
I created a new avatar using the many free group gifts available just to have a more modern character but then I noticed my avatar complexity was 63,578! Screw that.
I deleted the whole thing and inventory too and I'm currently moving around on one of the standard game character (ac 12,346)
Of course I'm not a creator nor an expert about 3d modelling but I'm really into it and I just love my game being smooth and good.

Wow, kudos for scraping an entire avatar for being 63k complexity! There's people around ranging from 150k to 1 million that say it's not enough detail and complexity, figure!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

Wow, kudos for scraping an entire avatar for being 63k complexity! There's people around ranging from 150k to 1 million that say it's not enough detail and complexity, figure!

Well thank you! I totally understand people's point of view because I'm really picky too about my own character in every game I play. If it doesn't represent me the right way I do feel something's off and I might not enjoy the experience to its fullest. We all know SL still has some terrible issues that Lindens Lab will never gonna get fixed however, in my opinon, any one of us should be responsible for what he creates or buys to help improving the whole game environment.

A lot of comments in the forum or other blogs talk about people's obsession with having nudity and adult stuff ingame as the main reason for extremely detailed avatars and outfits.
I don't see anything wrong with 18+ content, I'd love to have a "complete" body myself, but still it could be done cleverly with less heavier characters just because you know, everything else sucks like plants...and terrain textures...and places that takes forever to render (probably the same bed used to do naughty things is not fully rendered)...gosh how much I hate those things...
 

Edited by Reippi
typos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In my base Utilizator Kemono avatar in my favorite outfit from wretch, I've seen my avatar complexity hover around 30k.

Times when I was changing or demoing stuff and had the outfit removed, I remember figures of around 15-20k.  This is more or less naked with the default kemono avatar.

In the same Wretch outfit, but also using the fitted torso add-on, I've seen avatar complexity of maybe 55k-70k.

I hope this helps.  Good luck with your quest to turn a kemono av into an animesh waifu.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Voleuse Amiga said:

In my base Utilizator Kemono avatar in my favorite outfit from wretch, I've seen my avatar complexity hover around 30k.

Times when I was changing or demoing stuff and had the outfit removed, I remember figures of around 15-20k.  This is more or less naked with the default kemono avatar.

In the same Wretch outfit, but also using the fitted torso add-on, I've seen avatar complexity of maybe 55k-70k.

I hope this helps.  Good luck with your quest to turn a kemono av into an animesh waifu.

Thank you so much!
To be honest, 30k was the very maximum I'd wanted to reach for a character since there aren't many good low poly options available, though I'm a bit disappointed to know that a simple body attachment (that I'd love on this type of body) could mess things up that bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you use the default Kemono body and a simple outfit, you can probably keep the complexity to be lower than 30k.  Also just to add, the figures I gave above included hair as well.

I checked real quick just now and torso length can be edited on the default kemono av through system sliders, as well as quite a few other things.  Some other stuff on the default av, like breast size, cannot be edited and that's often why people go for the fitted torso add-on.  Depending on what stuff you want to adjust you might be able to just use the default kemono avatar without going for the add-on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Voleuse Amiga said:

If you use the default Kemono body and a simple outfit, you can probably keep the complexity to be lower than 30k.  Also just to add, the figures I gave above included hair as well.

I checked real quick just now and torso length can be edited on the default kemono av through system sliders, as well as quite a few other things.  Some other stuff on the default av, like breast size, cannot be edited and that's often why people go for the fitted torso add-on.  Depending on what stuff you want to adjust you might be able to just use the default kemono avatar without going for the add-on.

Flexi-prims and transparency blending are the two things that drive complexity up the most. A lot of hair uses both, so keep an eye out for ones that don't. Alpha blending tends to be used in a lot of mesh bodies & clothing, actually. You have to watch for those factors too if you're aiming for low Rendering Complexity. It's not just vertex count.

The Utilizator avatars are old. They work with length-and-height body sliders but not bulk-and-curviness ones. (Well, for Avatar 2.0 those sliders work on the legs but not the torso & arms.) The torso add-ons bump complexity because you're basically wearing one-and-a-half avatars with some parts alpha-ed out. (See my first point.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Voleuse Amiga said:

If you use the default Kemono body and a simple outfit, you can probably keep the complexity to be lower than 30k.  Also just to add, the figures I gave above included hair as well.

I checked real quick just now and torso length can be edited on the default kemono av through system sliders, as well as quite a few other things.  Some other stuff on the default av, like breast size, cannot be edited and that's often why people go for the fitted torso add-on.  Depending on what stuff you want to adjust you might be able to just use the default kemono avatar without going for the add-on.

Thank you, I wasn't that sure about sliders.

20 hours ago, Quarrel Kukulcan said:

Flexi-prims and transparency blending are the two things that drive complexity up the most. A lot of hair uses both, so keep an eye out for ones that don't. Alpha blending tends to be used in a lot of mesh bodies & clothing, actually. You have to watch for those factors too if you're aiming for low Rendering Complexity. It's not just vertex count.

The Utilizator avatars are old. They work with length-and-height body sliders but not bulk-and-curviness ones. (Well, for Avatar 2.0 those sliders work on the legs but not the torso & arms.) The torso add-ons bump complexity because you're basically wearing one-and-a-half avatars with some parts alpha-ed out. (See my first point.)

Got it, thanks!
Also, Utilizator avatars did existed already the very first time I jumped into SL (that'd be around 2007 if I remember correctly) but I hoped in some kind of update?
Now I just want to make a body mesh myself so I can stop looking around for optimized stuff!
Probably not since I have zero 3D building skills, though I made an impressive digital reference XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's the regularly scheduled remainder: Avatar Complexity is a completely useless metric. Low or high number doesn't prove good or bad.

 

13 hours ago, Reippi said:

Also, Utilizator avatars did existed already the very first time I jumped into SL (that'd be around 2007 if I remember correctly) but I hoped in some kind of update?

There have been updates, mainly for the tail and fingers. They use the new bento-bones now, rather than separate static meshes.

A bento version of the head (along with other kemono-compatible ones) were also recently released, but sold separately from the body.

With the Fitted Torso addon, pretty much every slider will function.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Here's the regularly scheduled remainder: Avatar Complexity is a completely useless metric. Low or high number doesn't prove good or bad.

 

There have been updates, mainly for the tail and fingers. They use the new bento-bones now, rather than separate static meshes.

A bento version of the head (along with other kemono-compatible ones) were also recently released, but sold separately from the body.

With the Fitted Torso addon, pretty much every slider will function.

I see, thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Here's the regularly scheduled remainder: Avatar Complexity is a completely useless metric. Low or high number doesn't prove good or bad.

I want it fixed still, and then I want avatar complexity as a land setting.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i don't see why the same measure can't be used for inworld rezzed objects and avatars

i would be quite happy if I got told that my avatar was 10,000LI, I probably go ouch! thats' a lot, and take something off. As LI is a measure that most of us understand and can relate too

Edited by Mollymews
understand
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

i don't see why the same measure can't be used for inworld rezzed objects and avatars

i would be quite happy if I got told that my avatar was 10,000LI, I probably go ouch! thats' a lot, and take something off. As LI is a measure that most of us understand and can relate too

LI/primcount predate LL's growing concerns for end user performances. Back then the sole purpose of LI was to address their concerns on region resource usage and nothing else really mattered to them.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mollymews said:

i don't see why the same measure can't be used for inworld rezzed objects and avatars

i would be quite happy if I got told that my avatar was 10,000LI, I probably go ouch! thats' a lot, and take something off. As LI is a measure that most of us understand and can relate too

Try rezzing your mesh body and clothing and totting up the Li .. it probably wont be that high at all.

If you're using a GPU from the last 5 years, it's not the geometry in any case, it's the rigging. Which means only one thing.

Barefoot & bikini's for everyone!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Try rezzing your mesh body and clothing and totting up the Li .. it probably wont be that high at all.

i had a go. Typical outfit for me, I use up all my attachments pretty much all the time . 371 LI

liattach.thumb.jpg.6194f8fa4ed8c371d2beb3bb0ae89397.jpg

so a little bit more than a 1024m parcel. I don't feel so bad now!

 

as aside. I never realised how many creators have stuck die-on-rez scripts into their stuff. Stop it people!! If you don't want people to somehow not peep-rez your stuff then set it to Temporary. Temporary items when worn aren't returned

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use the kemono base for a number of anime, furry, and even normal human avatars. It's a great low complexity alternative to the other mesh bodies out there. And good news, if you use any Utilizator head, or any head with a standard SL avatar neck size, there are neck add-ons for the base avatar  and some of the popular body mods like the fitted torso.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...