Where are my EEP assets?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hope this is a simple question, you can help me with please?

I read that since EEP got rolled out, there should be a library of around 200 Sky, Water and Day Cycles, together with a set of textures that can be used for clouds and / or to replace the Sun and Moon, etc.

I don't have anything?  Do i need to do anything to get these, or anyone know why they may be missing?

(PS I use the Firestorm viewer.  But they are not in the standard SL viewer either).

Thanks. Trish 🙂

• Like 1

In Firestorm, there is: Inventory/Settings/ all the normal ones 

Or

Library/Settings and select them and right click to apply to myself or to parcel and then it will appear in the Inventory.  If you use Quick Prefs window… same place as the wind lights were 😎🌼🤗

6 hours ago, BJoyful said:

In Firestorm, there is: Inventory/Settings/ all the normal ones 

Or

Library/Settings and select them and right click to apply to myself or to parcel and then it will appear in the Inventory.  If you use Quick Prefs window… same place as the wind lights were 😎🌼🤗

Thanks.  Interesting.  My Inventory/Setting folder is empty.  Nothing in it at all

And there isn't a Library/Setting folder (But there is a Library/Environments folder  - and that has sub folders - but they are also all empty) See screenshot

Would it have anything to do with the version of Firestrm I am running?  I am running Firestorm version 6.4.12.62831 (6.4.12.62831) ?

1680306549_ScreenShot2021-08-05at17_12_09.thumb.png.53ea17f85119458bfdf47f4793d46bc3.png

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

Trish, please clean your inventory cache and relog in a quiet, non-lagged place - and let the inventory repopulate itself for few minutes. You may also want to check if you're not filtering EEP assets out in your inventory window.

Thanks.  I will give that a go.  But just out of interest.  It wouldn't have anything to do with the version of Firestorm I am running would it?  I don't believe it is the latest version? I am running Firestorm version 6.4.12.62831 (6.4.12.62831).

Edited by TrishSummers

7 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

Trish, please clean your inventory cache and relog in a quiet, non-lagged place - and let the inventory repopulate itself for few minutes. You may also want to check if you're not filtering EEP assets out in your inventory window.

Thanks.  I will give that a go.  But just out of interest.  It wouldn't have anything to do with the version of Firestorm I am running would it?  I don't believe it is the latest version?

yes!  I forgot the name!  ty @TrishSummers ♥♥  I think it must be the Inventory glitch maybe?  I never imported anything this just happened automatically for me.  Have you asked in Firestorm Support Group chat?  They are very helpful that the Mods are all volunteers!  (who deserve medals, made of chocolate)

911f5d65c11d0afb3181907aafb75fea.png

Edited by BJoyful
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

Hi.  Yep, now done that.  Deleted cache.  Logged back in in a quiet place.  And still, my Settings folder is empty....

1029316750_ScreenShot2021-08-06at00_31_50.thumb.png.69301ddeb73a3be5c36f435fdbf46dce.png

Think we may be getting there.  did this as you suggested.  Logged out.  Deleted my cache manually.  And logged back in in a low loag area.  And although my inventory/settings is still empty. 😞    I can however now see some EEP settings have appeared in my library/environments folder.  🙂 

Is that where they 'live' for everyone else?  Os should the be moved to another folder (eg my inventory/settings folder?)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrishSummers said:

Is that where they 'live' for everyone else?  Os should the be moved to another folder (eg my inventory/settings folder?)

I dragged all I wanted from Library to the main Inventory Setting folder, but I have read that some ppl have them appear in Setting automatically.  I'm not sure why, though ♥

7 hours ago, TrishSummers said:

Think we may be getting there.  did this as you suggested.  Logged out.  Deleted my cache manually.  And logged back in in a low loag area.  And although my inventory/settings is still empty. 😞    I can however now see some EEP settings have appeared in my library/environments folder.  🙂 

The first suggestion, clearing inventory cache and relogging , should have fixed the issue.  Unless you have emptied your landmarks and notecards folders, those showed as empty, also.  A sign your inventory hasn't populated correctly and almost always resets after clearing inventory cache and a relog.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The first suggestion, clearing inventory cache and relogging , should have fixed the issue.  Unless you have emptied your landmarks and notecards folders, those showed as empty, also.  A sign your inventory hasn't populated correctly and almost always resets after clearing inventory cache and a relog.

As per my experience detailed....

I have deleted my cache manually.  And logged back in in a low loag area.  And although my inventory/settings is still empty. 😞    I can however now see some EEP settings have appeared in my library/environments folder.  🙂 

Not sure is that's as it should be and that is where they 'live' for everyone else?  Os should the be moved to another folder (eg my inventory/settings folder?)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BJoyful said:

I dragged all I wanted from Library to the main Inventory Setting folder, but I have read that some ppl have them appear in Setting automatically.  I'm not sure why, though ♥

Yep - done the same.  I just copied them from the library, and now pasted them in the settings folder in my inventory. 

Also (if of any interest to you or anyone) but in the process of trying to sort this, I did find a place on marketplace a helpful creator who is offering all of the old default XML Windlights as dowanloadable files, for free.  So I did access these.  (Not sure if I am allowed to share that marketplace link here - but happy to?  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Firestorm-Default-Sky-Windlights-for-EEP/20088838 )

Anyway I have also intalled those older windlights too.  Not sure if they will work worse or the same in the newer EEP viewer.  But very useful and nice of this person to provide them all the same.

So now for me it looks like I have all the default windliights form this marketplace seller - PLUS all the EEP environments copied from my library.  So I have gone form having NO environmnet settings, to having far too many - lol :)

Edited by TrishSummers
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, TrishSummers said:

Yep - done the same.  I just copied them from the library, and now pasted them in the settings folder in my inventory. 

Also (if of any interest to you or anyone) but in the process of trying to sort this, I did find a place on marketplace a helpful creator who is offering all of the old default XML Windlights as dowanloadable files, for free.  So I did access these.  (Not sure if I am allowed to share that marketplace link here - but happy to?  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Firestorm-Default-Sky-Windlights-for-EEP/20088838 )

Anyway I have also intalled those older windlights too.  Not sure if they will work worse or the same in the newer EEP viewer.  But very useful and nice of this person to provide them all the same.

So now for me it looks like I have all the default windliights form this marketplace seller - PLUS all the EEP environments copied from my library.  So I have gone form having NO environmnet settings, to having far too many - lol :)

I think many of the Windlights have been updated to work in EEP.  From what I remember they don’t look exactly the same as they did pre-EEP but I never used many Windlights… just CalWL and Nam’s Optimal Skin & Prim (I’m not a photographer, lol)  I LOVE the EEP and tweaked Age of Sorcery to a great look within an hour!  I use the JuicyBomb Dollarbie EEPs skies on most of my land and also another tweak to the Age of Sorcery Day Cycle.  Now I’m hoping to find/make a 24 day cycle with skies and water similar to latitudinal RL locations.

I feel the same as you about too many as I’m not that fussy about the environment for any specific purpose except ambience so I rely on about 5 favourites and will probably box up the rest and keep them, but use less inventory elements (I’ve been sorting Inventory for 5 years and it has grown by 150k… so I’m net doing a very good job of that! Lol

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BJoyful said:

I think many of the Windlights have been updated to work in EEP.  From what I remember they don’t look exactly the same as they did pre-EEP but I never used many Windlights… just CalWL and Nam’s Optimal Skin & Prim (I’m not a photographer, lol)  I LOVE the EEP and tweaked Age of Sorcery to a great look within an hour!  I use the JuicyBomb Dollarbie EEPs skies on most of my land and also another tweak to the Age of Sorcery Day Cycle.  Now I’m hoping to find/make a 24 day cycle with skies and water similar to latitudinal RL locations.

I feel the same as you about too many as I’m not that fussy about the environment for any specific purpose except ambience so I rely on about 5 favourites and will probably box up the rest and keep them, but use less inventory elements (I’ve been sorting Inventory for 5 years and it has grown by 150k… so I’m net doing a very good job of that! Lol

100% agree that one youve cycled through a dozen or so, then the rest are either very samey, or just unusable for any real purpose.  So best to just keep a small library of 'faves' for specific purposes - whether that be ambience or photography

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.