EEP Region Shared Environment not "sharing" :D H-E-L-P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So obviously I am doing something wrong, but research and tutorials aren't letting me know just what.

I have EEP setting in the panel.

87837069_regionsettings.thumb.jpg.f1d538f574735b4354c83ab73fe77043.jpg

The sky is SUPPOSED  to look like this for those using Shared Environment.

2109857574_moonbeachEEPsettinglook.jpg.8ea31b001ccdfcbde8199653b0e82435.jpg

But instead I see the same STARLEY setting that appears over at Belli and places where the skies aren't set up. 

660738681_sharedenvironment.thumb.jpg.84a37571b0892705abe641d7339f673f.jpg

So -- hints on what I have done wrong?    I CAN see "shared environment" of others. It took me many tries to find someone with it working -- but I did. So I know that if I switched to shared environment and it is set correctly that it works.   Or at least I think I know that :D.

Thanks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

You've ticked "parcel owners may override" and you're checking the region settings. Try to check parcel settings you're on - they also have the Environment tab.

Nope. That is the same as it was.  I am on a rental homestead. I can change all the settings for water and ground and "could" make a sky in Windlight :D.    Thanks for trying though.  

• Like 1

That didn't work. I did check and it works fine as a shared environment in the LINDEN viewer, just not in the newest Firestorm.  So I evidently DID it correctly in the setting part.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info and underlining
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

So obviously I am doing something wrong, but research and tutorials aren't letting me know just what.

I have EEP setting in the panel.

87837069_regionsettings.thumb.jpg.f1d538f574735b4354c83ab73fe77043.jpg

The sky is SUPPOSED  to look like this for those using Shared Environment.

2109857574_moonbeachEEPsettinglook.jpg.8ea31b001ccdfcbde8199653b0e82435.jpg

But instead I see the same STARLEY setting that appears over at Belli and places where the skies aren't set up. 

660738681_sharedenvironment.thumb.jpg.84a37571b0892705abe641d7339f673f.jpg

So -- hints on what I have done wrong?    I CAN see "shared environment" of others. It took me many tries to find someone with it working -- but I did. So I know that if I switched to shared environment and it is set correctly that it works.   Or at least I think I know that :D.

Thanks. 

Have you tried  Inventory/settings folder/ choose the file/ right click and ‘apply to parcel’. You can choose different skies for the 4 altitudes in that window you show above, but I’m not sure how to do that part yet.

Edited by BJoyful
Spelling and missed a word

6 hours ago, BJoyful said:

You can choose different skies for the 4 altitudes in that window you show above, but I’m not sure how to do that part yet.

Just drag and drop the selected EEP asset from your inventory over the EEP sky names that are already there, in the Environment window, next to the altitudes.

10 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Nope. That is the same as it was. 

The only things I can think about now are resetting personal lighting with the "X" in its small adjustments window and making sure that you actually use the Shared Environment in the viewer, ticked World menu.

Edited by panterapolnocy
  • Thanks 2

So reporting here. Nothing is fixed but in case someone else has the problem.

My skies are set correctly. I had a friend with FS (older version) come over and she was seeing what she should see.  So that's the important thing. 

But TODAY, I can't even get the "shared environment" tab to stick at all. I am sure that yesterday it was at least TRYING to show me shared environments.   It defaults to *Starley Settings* which is what "I" was seeing  yesterday under "shared environment".   

FS support had no answers. So unless someone comes up with something I am just going to live without the "shared" feature. It is possible that a clean install might fix this and if I have some OTHER problems too, I will try that. I usually use my onw skies anyway. 

That's all I know.  

OK another PINK SCREEN. What is going on here (rhetorical).  

Leaving the area again LOL, but glad things are fixed. Hopefully this will post. 

EDIT:  My "thank you it got fixed" post is STILL (many hours later on hot pink hold). I am guessing they introduced a bot to moderate. We know from Sansar that so doesn't work. 

So it WAS the Personal lighting thing although I never opened that button after JUST having installed. So no clue how that happened unless there really is an issue. Hopefully this will still post.  

Edited by Chic Aeon

9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

So reporting here. Nothing is fixed but in case someone else has the problem.

My skies are set correctly. I had a friend with FS (older version) come over and she was seeing what she should see.  So that's the important thing. 

But TODAY, I can't even get the "shared environment" tab to stick at all. I am sure that yesterday it was at least TRYING to show me shared environments.   It defaults to *Starley Settings* which is what "I" was seeing  yesterday under "shared environment".   

FS support had no answers. So unless someone comes up with something I am just going to live without the "shared" feature. It is possible that a clean install might fix this and if I have some OTHER problems too, I will try that. I usually use my onw skies anyway. 

That's all I know.  

This has been happening to me too.  When I get logged in, I'll report back to you on what I had to do to fix it.

Eta..although it might be a bug...we shall see

Edited by Rowan Amore

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

@Chic AeonIn order for shared environments to stick, under World/Environments/Use shared environment needs to be checked.  Also in preferences, be sure that under Firestorm/Extra/persist Environment settings throughout session is NOT checked.  Let me know if that helps.

Well it seems to be OK now even with a check in persistent. It will no doubt take me awhile to get used to it but as long as I know that my region settings are OK I am happy LOL.  I took my first blog photo today. A few things I like. Still (and forever) missing the "contrast" abilities of my old settings -- so I rezzed a ball and turned it into a light source.  Adapt or die.  I guess that's the rule LOL.

Thanks for the help. 

EDITING:  I still have a 22 hour post that is "hidden" up there.   NO CLUE.  Going back to "world" and "RL" :D.   

Edited by Chic Aeon

1 minute ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well it seems to be OK now even with a check in persistent. It will no doubt take me awhile to get used to it but as long as I know that my region settings are OK I am happy LOL.  I took my first blog photo today. A few things I like. Still (and forever) missing the "contrast" abilities of my old settings -- so I rezzed a ball and turned it into a light source.  Adapt or die.  I guess that's the rule LOL.

Thanks for the help. 

Adapt or be frustrated for awhile, cuss under your breath, throw things...please don't die.  

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/6/2021 at 9:52 AM, Rowan Amore said:

@Chic AeonIn order for shared environments to stick, under World/Environments/Use shared environment needs to be checked.  Also in preferences, be sure that under Firestorm/Extra/persist Environment settings throughout session is NOT checked.  Let me know if that helps.

I think this may have fixed my problem, I was also getting the weird starley settings when I tried to select shared environment, also always goes to Atmos 6 when I try to select shared environment on my day cycle tab. But if I just unselect personal windlight it goes to what I believe is my day cycle I hope.. Will just have to check back in my sim and see if my windlight changes or remains static 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.