Anyone tried Win 11 beta on SL yet?

shireena1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Administrators
Just now, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Either way he's saying it's barely noticeable.

Yes, I really don't feel like it's running much different, and I did a bare metal install on a spare machine with a 1080 GTX in it.  When I compare that to a similar machine on W10, I actually feel like W11 is running a touch better overall.. but I might write that off as age/install cruft on my W10 machine.

• Thanks 4

Honestly for me personally I did good just to even allow Windows 10 on my rig. lol I'm still laughing at the fact they are even pushing an 11 out when 10 was supposed to be the final one and improved up on. I'm not surprised however. I looked in to it though and I found a lot of features you will find in Windows 10 will not be present in Windows 11. Also not a fan of the start menu in the center of the screen. The OS reminds me a tad of Windows 8.1 in a way, but it offers no tablet or touch screen support last I looked. For me personally the way my rig is set up for dual booting I got Ubuntu 18.04 LTS., Windows 7, and 10. So I think I am good. I might test it in a virtual machine if anything, but I don't see me setting it up as an OS I would actually use seriously for anything. I just wasn't that all crash hot impressed with it mates.😎

14 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Either way he's saying it's barely noticeable.

Fancy words and foreigners: Not always a winning combination, he, he, he.

Edited by Sid Nagy

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Honestly for me personally I did good just to even allow Windows 10 on my rig. lol I'm still laughing at the fact they are even pushing an 11 out when 10 was supposed to be the final one and improved up on. I'm not surprised however. I looked in to it though and I found a lot of features you will find in Windows 10 will not be present in Windows 11. Also not a fan of the start menu in the center of the screen. The OS reminds me a tad of Windows 8.1 in a way, but it offers no tablet or touch screen support last I looked. For me personally the way my rig is set up for dual booting I got Ubuntu 18.04 LTS., Windows 7, and 10. So I think I am good. I might test it in a virtual machine if anything, but I don't see me setting it up as an OS I would actually use seriously for anything. I just wasn't that all crash hot impressed with it mates.😎

It feels kinda mac-ish doesn't it?  😆  I'm not saying it's great, and I'm not saying it's bad either, too soon to tell.  You can have the start button and icons to right/center/left justify on the screen just like it was in W10, so that to me wasn't a big deal. 

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

It feels kinda mac-ish doesn't it?  😆  I'm not saying it's great, and I'm not saying it's bad either, too soon to tell.  You can have the start button and icons to right/center/left justify on the screen just like it was in W10, so that to me wasn't a big deal. 

Ya know what? Your exactly right mate. lol I didn't think of that at first, but now that you've said it, it does look like a mac. lol Makes perfect sense now about what it was that's been gnawing at me about that OS ever since I seen it. lol Thanks for that. lol🤣

I agree with you though it is way entirely to early to tell. I don't want to be to hard on it just yet. I got the impression is was scaled down from what I read and some features we have in 10 won't be present in it. Which really is fine if you don't use any of those features anyway. I couldn't really find anything definite about the customization aspects of it other then a list of a lot of stuff that got removed so thank you so very much for mentioning that the start button could be moved. That would have irked me to no end mate only because I like moving everything out of my way. lol👍

My initial plan was just to check it out in a virtual machine and go over it some. Now you got me thinking about breaking off a partition just to actually hardware test it and see how it handles a few games. lol I was surprised you didn't have to much of a difference other then a slight one mainly because I would have thought it would have had a massive performance boost though considering they scaled the OS down some in comparison to Windows 10. Could be the difference in the computers your running them on, but if the specs are close enough you should have an accurate enough feel for the OS I would think. Personally I wish they would have revamped their versions of Windows XP to operate with today's software since it only requires 512 megs to operate just so users could maximize the full potential of their system RAM. That would have been the ultimate scaled down OS as far as gaming goes. lol Anyway I might decide to give it a closer look since you said it's not all that bad. Thanks mate.😎

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.

2 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

There's always a good Windows release and bad Windows release. I wonder which one Windows 11 will be. 

Given that's blocked from running on many currently sold CPUs, including one of the notebooks MS themselves sells... I'm calling it bad for now.

I bought the latest and top model Ryzen AMD for sale in 2019, which is apparently "too old" to be allowed to run Windows 11... So I won't likely be certain for a while anyway.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, shireena1 said:

Im just wondering if anyone has tried SL on Win 11 beta (Build 10.0.22000.100)

You can get nvidia drivers for that on their website https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/

Personally however, i think i will wait for the actual release, even though i have a pre-release on another older pc.

Hubby is running Win11. Doesn't seem to have changed anything for him. He is still having the same issues has has had for 17 years. It's really weird because I never have those issues and obviously we are on the same connection and we have identical computers. LL can't seem to figure it out either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Given that's blocked from running on many currently sold CPUs, including one of the notebooks MS themselves sells... I'm calling it bad for now.

I bought the latest and top model Ryzen AMD for sale in 2019, which is apparently "too old" to be allowed to run Windows 11... So I won't likely be certain for a while anyway.

@Pussycat Catnip   It is possible that you have a tpm that is simply  not enabled in your bios, (although i personally wouldn't know), please be very careful on researching and doing anything in that part of the p.c.

4 hours ago, shireena1 said:

@Pussycat Catnip   It is possible that you have a tpm that is simply  not enabled in your bios, (although i personally wouldn't know), please be very careful on researching and doing anything in that part of the p.c.

AMD 2700 Ryzen. It's specifically called out that they only support starting with the generation after that - the 3xxx series that only first came out in the last half of 2019.

Note that MS's list of supported CPUs and where they cut the line also excludes some of their current notebooks...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.