Smooth transition into the first frame of an animation.

Altier Verwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh boy am I frustrated. so I'm trying to use Qavimator to make a very simple animation.

but SL no matter what I do refuses to smoothly transition to the first frame. there was a post about this in 2015 but the information was wrong and did not work.

basically this, I have seen animations that will smoothly from what ever position you are in, play another animation, but all the animations i upload always roughly t pose the limb or avatar before playing my animation.

I have tried zeroing frame one and using frame two i have tried just deleting frame two all together, this is beyond frustrating at this point.

can anyone smarter than me tell me what I am doing wrong? all the guides are like 10 years old.

Edited by Altier Verwood

Where did you get your QAvimator? I have the experimental Bento one and I don't see this behavior (though I see the legs snap for 1 frame during preview, only when previewing while standing, no matter how I import). I'm not a regular QAvimator user, though. Can't stand the UI. :/

What do you mean by "zeroing frame one"?

19 hours ago, Altier Verwood said:

Oh boy am I frustrated. so I'm trying to use Qavimator to make a very simple animation.

but SL no matter what I do refuses to smoothly transition to the first frame. there was a post about this in 2015 but the information was wrong and did not work.

basically this, I have seen animations that will smoothly from what ever position you are in, play another animation, but all the animations i upload always roughly t pose the limb or avatar before playing my animation.

I have tried zeroing frame one and using frame two i have tried just deleting frame two all together, this is beyond frustrating at this point.

can anyone smarter than me tell me what I am doing wrong? all the guides are like 10 years old.

You can't interpolate into the first frame of an animation

You need some time in your animation during which the interpolation would occur.

Move all of your keyframes along so that the first keyframe is when you want the interpolation to end. Copy that frame also to the first frame. Then you set the ease in time to match,

I've not used Qavimator btw I use Blender so idk how those tasks translate to that particular piece of software.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.