Jump to content

New Gacha Policy Discussion


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, WarmAnimations Lisa said:

you probably have no idea how much work they put on make this stuff for real! as I say im not my self a fan of this but at last I have some respect from those who work hard to make it possible!

Oh I'm sure we do, for people who actually work hard that is.

Beyond the fact gachas allowed them to reap far more money from a given product than they ought to expect. The reality is that it is a system built on desire something that you can't have. Most "commons" on gachas are filler content, and even the rare items are usually not worth the asking price, whether it is quality, optimization or really just "what you are getting".

It only has to be good enough for the billboard.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kyau Brodie said:

Or you could just buy the one you don't want and hope the next one is the one you do want. It's the same way people stand around and dump money into a gacha now, but you just see the next item to be received before you pay. The only wait would be having to wait for the machine. Which is understandable, you can leave and come back when its available.

You just said it works as gacha does now.... And gacha machines will not be allowed. So say what you want, this is gacha.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Kyau Brodie said:

No, it's locked to the person using it. So no one else can get the item until that person is done with the machine.

Still, what's the point?  Sure it's not exactly a gacha but I sure as heck am not going to purchase god knows how many things I do not want just to get one I do.  I don't think most people would.  At least with gachas, you might get what you wanted the first time.

Just sell your items like everyone else.  I really don't understand why you wouldn't.  Seems even more hinky.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

As far as I understood it, the "rule" was just that they could not sell the items from the event(s) as anything but gachas. Somebody else chimed in that apparently, some of the eventcreators already let go of that rule now,  since otherwise the creators of those gachas could not sell them anymore at all.

I can understand this being a rule for while the event is going on - just like any other type of purchase where it's used as a draw to get people to come to the various events to get an exclusive item they can only get at one place.   Once the event is over though, it should be up to the individual creators whether or not they want to offer the item for sale in their stores or on the marketplace.  

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

And what happens if the person before me has locked the vendor, but is not buying because he is a jerk?

The vendor stay locked on that person until ___ minutes? Then the color change. I do not want that color. Nobody click the vendor. It changes to a new color after ___ minutes. I wait until the color I want comes up again. But if I was unlucky and looked away, the jerk lock the vendor again.

You don't think such griefers would have fun with such vendors? Especially in an event with lots of people.

Hello there :) with all that i think it's not matter if we like something or not, but only if it's legal to do in SL after gacha ban, as for your concerns, it's just a matter of scripts to write code that prevents those type of people from ruining the fun, they can be banned from using the machine if not buying anything but keeping it locked, as well as there is a timer, you have to buy something or release it, and after that release you wont be able to use it for X time, also every question you have here will be on the vendor, so it will tell you if it will ever change, or when yo expect that, but again, those are not the concers here, how it will work or who will have problems with it, or who will be annoyed by that doesn't matter now. the question is if it's allowed to do

Best regards

Nadi Vemo :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Yhishara Cerise said:

The suggestion was that the original creator should not be allowed to offer what would have been gacha prizes for regular purchase in their stores once these changes go live.  If you created something and then Linden Labs made a change that made it a gaming violation for you to sell your own creative work but gave other people the right to sell it and make a profit off it - wouldn't you have an issue with that? 

That's a separate issue.  If LL changes policy and you cant continue selling items as gachas, you have the option of retiring the items or reconfiguring them to sell as individual or fatpack purchases.

Items already sold are not yours anymore. They belong to the purchaser. If they are no copy, then the new owner has the right to do what they want with their items - in this case, sell them. Thats like saying no one should be allowed to sell old furniture, a used car,  or have a yard sale in RL because the original place they bought the items from might not make as big profit off the 2nd hand sale.

Edited by Shadowed Luik
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Yhishara Cerise said:

I can understand this being a rule for while the event is going on - just like any other type of purchase where it's used as a draw to get people to come to the various events to get an exclusive item they can only get at one place.   Once the event is over though, it should be up to the individual creators whether or not they want to offer the item for sale in their stores or on the marketplace.  

 

If an item is being sold through normal channels after the event, then it is no longer an enticement as an exclusive. Why bother with buying it at the event then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nadi Vemo said:

Hello there :) with all that i think it's not matter if we like something or not, but only if it's legal to do in SL after gacha ban, as for your concerns, it's just a matter of scripts to write code that prevents those type of people from ruining the fun, they can be banned from using the machine if not buying anything but keeping it locked, as well as there is a timer, you have to buy something or release it, and after that release you wont be able to use it for X time, also every question you have here will be on the vendor, so it will tell you if it will ever change, or when yo expect that, but again, those are not the concers here, how it will work or who will have problems with it, or who will be annoyed by that doesn't matter now. the question is if it's allowed to do

Best regards

Nadi Vemo :)

In the end, it is LL who decide if this is a gacha vendor or not. 

If LL let you do this, I don't have to buy from you. But good luck. It shows creativity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No one is forcing anyone to play these before the 9/1 deadline. Most creators are offering to sell it to you before either removing it entirely or making it as a package to sell in the future.  I decided to play some of the 1/2 priced ones because they were sets I could see myself rezzing in the future so decided to take advantage of the sale.  I have no problem with them selling them at full price after the 9/1 deadline.  I bought them with the knowledge that this would be what happens at some stores, therefore I made an informed decision and gacha resellers should not corner a market on highly desireable gachas because some of the prices are ridiculous at best.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If this is truly coming from the dictates of governments, i.e., EU, I am opposed since I do not like government dictating what I can and cant do with my own money. How far is this crackdown, regulated, spied upon reality we live in going to go? Personally, it is already out of control.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shadowed Luik said:

That's a separate issue.  If LL changes policy and you cant continue selling items as gachas, you have the option of retiring the items or reconfiguring them to sell as individual or fatpack purchases.

Items already sold are not yours anymore. They belong to the purchaser. If they are no copy, then the new owner has the right to do what they want with their items - in this case, sell them. Thats like saying no one should be allowed to sell old furniture, a used car,  or have a yard sale in RL because the original place they bought the items from might not make as big profit off the 2nd hand sale.

Right - and I have no problems with people selling their extras on the marketplace or at events created for that purpose either now or in the future.  My issue was the people that are suggesting that the actual creator could not offer those items for even a normal sale after this change.   If they were the ones that created it they absolutely should be able to do that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Several pages back was a post about how "games of skill" are still available on gaming regions. Why are they not being targeted as well?

If this is all about minors having access to "loot boxes" in games, why not redo the age verification process, and then allow gachas on adult rated sims?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

If an item is being sold through normal channels after the event, then it is no longer an enticement as an exclusive. Why bother with buying it at the event then?

People must have it now, can't wait 4 weeks?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yhishara Cerise said:

I can understand this being a rule for while the event is going on - just like any other type of purchase where it's used as a draw to get people to come to the various events to get an exclusive item they can only get at one place.   Once the event is over though, it should be up to the individual creators whether or not they want to offer the item for sale in their stores or on the marketplace.  

 

For many of the events, the rule was that once the item was sold as a Gacha at the event, it must forever be Gacha-only, never to be sold as a regular store item.  And the creators agreed to those rules when they entered the Gacha events.  People bought those Gacha items with the knowledge that the item would forever be a Gacha.

Granted, once Gachas themselves get banned, then that does probably make those prior agreements invalid.  However, as Chic mentioned, changing the item to a regular store item is likely okay, but that doesn't really make it morally or ethically okay.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Great idea! Maybe someone can make a separate thread for the tax train.

Some creators were using those things as an easy money making machine. They took advantage of the human nature of many who would keep trying to get that one item and end up spending all their Lindens on the dumb thing. Some shops went as far as replacing the normal vendors with a stupid gatcha.

I agree. And like lootboxes in MMOs, they need to be kicked to the kerb.

I don't buy the argument of taking advantage of human nature of many! TV, FB, all my snacks in the kitchen are taking advantage of human nature too. I will just walk away myself, but I have no place to tell what others what to do, and I will not stop it for others, cos one day, they will stop something I really like too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nikilei said:

If this is truly coming from the dictates of governments, i.e., EU, I am opposed since I do not like government dictating what I can and cant do with my own money. How far is this crackdown, regulated, spied upon reality we live in going to go? Personally, it is already out of control.

While you may be correct, it is an issue that has to be taken to the governments/politicians.  LL can only do what they are told to do from a legal standpoint.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nikilei said:

If this is truly coming from the dictates of governments, i.e., EU, I am opposed since I do not like government dictating what I can and cant do with my own money. How far is this crackdown, regulated, spied upon reality we live in going to go? Personally, it is already out of control.

Common good > Individual

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Drakkhis said:

Ok I have the Solution to the Gatcha Problem, I created a New Gitcha Vendor where you buy what you see, and then the Next Item for sale is Random

Second Life Marketplace - DFC Gitcha Machine Vendor

I would not post advertising for a new product of yours here at such an oppurtune time, nor would I attempt to capitalize early on a method LL has not officially accepted/endorsed as an alternative.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If an item is being sold through normal channels after the event, then it is no longer an enticement as an exclusive. Why bother with buying it at the event then?

That's how I have seen most creators doing it.  It may not show up at their stores right away and while the event is going on you know where to get it as you won't be able to buy it anywhere but at that event.  But sooner or later it's offered at the creators main store.     I have seen very few exceptions on this unless it was a one chance limited edition item (such as the items from the many Relay For Life events where you could only get them at that event).  But even then - the creators would say they were a limited time item. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Javen Latte said:

Several pages back was a post about how "games of skill" are still available on gaming regions. Why are they not being targeted as well?

 

Those things are available and not being targeted because they are classified as "skill games", not 'gambling'.  Take it up with the people in law that decide on the classification of stuff.

 

4 minutes ago, Javen Latte said:

If this is all about minors having access to "loot boxes" in games, why not redo the age verification process, and then allow gachas on adult rated sims?

SOME folks say that it has to do with minors, but others say it is all about outlawing gambling itself.  In any case, LL is simply complying with the view of the laws.  Any change in the laws have to come from the actual governments / politicians.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All these people coming with ideas on how to replace the current gachas:
Keep in mind that 99% of the merchants use gachas to get way more money out of an item than they ever could with regular vendors. So if there is no extra L$ in it for them, they will not bother to step in.
Also: Gachas are not coded in a way so everybody has a fair chance to get a rare item for little money.
The 'good ones' are purely coded in a way to generate as much profit as possible.

So yeah, in the end be happy they will be gone. They are basically money pits (except for the gacha offering merchants).

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...