Jump to content

New Gacha Policy Discussion


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

You really think they would do such a thing quickly? It took them years to introduce skill regions after their gambling ban.

The way this has been announced sounds as if LL have been given some insider knowledge as to what is to come.

This right here...People assume LL has just hastily decided this. Trust me that they have a clear understanding of the laws and thisi is not changing.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Quistess Alpha said:

Hmm, but now I think more about it, there are ways you could take that concept deeper down the slippery slope: if there's an option to pay extra for the item you see to increase the chances that the next item is a rare. . .

if gatchas stay in the form I said where it tells you the item then it'll just make people buy twice. one time to clear the item currently for sale and then the next item.

 

I actually think it would make any gambling problem people have with gachas worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

This right here...People assume LL has just hastily decided this. Trust me that they have a clear understanding of the laws and thisi is not changing.

I do know that the EU government were discussing this July last year (might have been 2019 due to the pandemic) and the document I posted earlier in this thread is the findings of that. I would dare say that the EU have decided to move with the suggestions and that is what has triggered LL to make the announcement.

Edited by Drayke Newall
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I meant give land owners the ability to selectively ban by any country of the land owner's choosing.

I was joking regardless.

Good grief. Imagine the forums if that happened. We already have people complaining about people banning because of every other possible thing, imagine what would happen if they could ban based on country.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mmmlisi4ka said:

The best solution is to create a special region with access control!

Uh No, because it would still be breaking the law, and personally, I want SL to be around for awhile. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I think I will apologize to all the gacha creators that my country, Netherlands, has made an international phonecall to Linden Labs to tell, "if you do not stop gachas in Second Life, we will sue the hell out of you and take more than half of your *bleep*."

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Deathly Fright said:

I already got an answer to my question. thanks for being helpful though

thats the problem of long and fast threads :) ... read a post, reply and find more on next pages.


I think the thread brought more confusion than the article itself, people drag all kinds of questions in that have not a lot to do with the subject.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

thats the problem of long and fast threads :) ... read a post, reply and find more on next pages.


I think the thread brought more confusion than the article itself, people drag all kinds of questions in that have not a lot to do with the subject.

it did have to do with the subject. I asked about the inworld gatcha vendors where the creator is not maintaining the store actively. like zombie stores where the income is good enough to pay for the land and the store is basically a zombie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jewel Nova said:

copybotting

Copybotting
copybot
copybotting

copybot has been around all the time, and it's as far i know not a huge problem,( if you get hit by it it is of course) never seen ip replacements since 2009 i think... it's more the fear that still lives in some people's thoughts.
A bit the same principle as griefers.. are there? yes, but is it that common as years ago... no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Deathly Fright said:

it did have to do with the subject. I asked about the inworld gatcha vendors where the creator is not maintaining the store actively. like zombie stores where the income is good enough to pay for the land and the store is basically a zombie.

i was speaking in general, your post wasnt off.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Which article is that?

:SwingingFriends:  ( and yes i think a minority of the replies  did actually read it)
 

12 hours ago, Linden Lab said:

For details about our new policy change regarding gacha, read our blog post

For further questions, please join the conversation in this post. 

 

***UPDATE: Due to the sheer volume of responses, it will be difficult for us to attempt to answer all questions in this thread in a systematic way, so we will put put together an FAQ and update the main blog post with it shortly.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

12 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I think the thread brought more confusion than the article itself, people drag all kinds of questions in that have not a lot to do with the subject.

Very true, but also from people that dont read the blog post.

It specifically states that this only applies to gacha's and that they will still allow any other currently-allowed distribution mechanisms that isn't a gacha named item. This however still hasn't stopped people asking as to whether breedables are banned despite LL answering that in the blog post by the aforementioned statement.

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Aya Nova said:

Hello, what about GACHAS on MP? I didnt see anywhere says something about GACHA's on MP..

Quote

We will continue to allow any sales where a payment is given for a known item, which means that items that had been purchased as “gacha” will be allowed to be re-sold as long as the buyer knows in advance the item and quantity they will receive.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Deathly Fright said:

it did have to do with the subject. I asked about the inworld gatcha vendors where the creator is not maintaining the store actively. like zombie stores where the income is good enough to pay for the land and the store is basically a zombie.

This is why there is also a big issue with the amount of time that has been given to take down the Gacha vendors. 30 days is incredibly short and I haven't  seen any wide spread public outreach yet about this whole issue outside of the forums and in some in-world groups. I'm sure there are many who will be getting a big surprise at the end of the month who wouldn't otherwise know what is going on. Will LL send out a mass email to all registered residents? I'm guessing not. I agree with someone else who said earlier this time limit should be extended until the end of the year for people to sort out their items, but of course, we don't know the details of the legalities that LL has been told by the powers that be.

 

 

 

Edited by Bridget Leavitt
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bridget Leavitt said:

I'm sure there are many who will be getting a big surprise at the end of the month who wouldn't otherwise know what is going on.

i bet there will be still people next year august who get this surprise..
It's not LL or forums or any other information point to blame that people don't read announcements. Or not log in for a month. Thats always been a bad excuse.

But yes... 27 days is a very short time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bridget Leavitt said:

This is why there is also a big issue with the amount of time that has been given to take down the Gacha vendors. 30 days is incredibly short and I haven't  seen any wide spread public outreach yet about this whole issue outside of the forums and in some in-world groups. I'm sure there are many who will be getting a big surprise at the end of the month who wouldn't otherwise know what is going on. Will LL send out a mass email to all registered residents? I'm guessing not. I agree with someone else who said earlier this time limit should be extended until the end of the year for people to sort out their items, but of course, we don't know the details of the legalities that LL has been told by the powers that be.

 

 

 

somebody said earlier that creators will be notified and items won't be returned until after a warning. I'd imagine that somebody who has ways to get messages from LL, like email will know. but who knows?🤷‍♀️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Zoey Winsmore said:

Yes, I think I will apologize to all the gacha creators that my country, Netherlands, has made an international phonecall to Linden Labs to tell, "if you do not stop gachas in Second Life, we will sue the hell out of you and take more than half of your *bleep*."

dude why you throwing us under the bus 😆🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i bet there will be still people next year august who get this surprise..
It's not LL or forums or any other information point to blame that people don't read announcements. Or not log in for a month. Thats always been a bad excuse.

But yes... 27 days is a very short time.

I agree that ignorance is no excuse but LL should also make it a priority to reach out far and wide outside of the forums to inform residents of changes when it comes to people's accounts that could possibly be in jeopardy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i see a lot of mixed opinions and feedback on this decision by the people running SL.

i wil say, i am in full support of getting rid of gachas 100% -- finally content creators can be challenged to make quality products without hiding behind a random item giver that you pay for. 

also, i feel as if this will give the staff of second life a chance to actually regulate what goes on the marketplace a bit more with prices, items against TOS, etc.--with gachas, that was hitting a line in the sand of regulations...

that's the tea sis. got an issue with it? well the decision is made. :D

have a good day.

Edited by Iggy UwU
had to add more!
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...