New Gacha Policy Discussion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Every creator I have ever known in all my years in SL has had one thing in common.

Fear of changing what a product is actually worth.

Basic math -> (Min wage x hours spent) / total sale over life span of product = final price

Most will do that sum, and then balk at the price, and then under cut themselves.

Welcome to digital content, this isn't a SL specific problem.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

but why don't they succeed in their "normal" vendor system?

To many?, ( i think this is one of the big problems, there are to many sellers, the pond to fish in doesn't get bigger)
Something wrong with the quality? ( yes... some are really bad)
To aimed at a certain group?
And also.. to many of the same?( that for sure.. )

I would say that one of the largest target audiences of SL come for the "shadier" side of SL. Those do not spend any cash, and if they do it is not on their aesthetic, their land, or their sl possessions.  If they are up to date, IF,  they may spend 5k a year or maybe at max 2k in lindens a month.  That's the bulk of SL. Those are not an asset to SL but rather a liability because they use the resources of the grid, but they contribute little to nothing to Linden Labs and/or content creators in SL. Thus the "pool" of demand is actually much smaller than one would think.

In order for event creators to counter this decline in demand due to behavioral changes in customers; they developed events. Those events, allowed SL users the convenience of finding newer products at a discount for a group of creators. This was a win, win at the time to the stores.  They now had a constant flow of lindens on a weekly basis.  They could create what they pleased, or create by theme.  And just needed to create one to a small number of items on a given month. So now they had somewhat of a fixed revenue stream. A constant monthly cash flow based on their regular events.  (These are your C*******8, F*******d, U**r, etc).

During this time, or I should say a little before because I do recall gachas in sims similar to Starlust and Albero (and I mean YEARS ago). Small gacha events started to pop into gear.  They had cute items, and were relatively cheap (25L) and people played for the fun of the event, and all of the items were cute and useable. Event organizers then came out with the larger Gacha events.  At the time the idea was novel, the items in most machines were cute. And if you could afford it, you didn't mind playing 2k-4k in machines, because you could then resell the extras you got or use them for holiday gifts in SL.  Creators saw a larger revenue stream. Now they could create several items a month and actually earn some RL money from SL and not have to essentially work for peanuts. That to the consumer it appears to be inappropriate, that is debatable. These events augmented in scope, in volume, and of course eventually as inflation kicked into rl in pricing within SL. Machines shifted from 25 L to 50 L to 75 L then to 100 L and lastly to 125 L.  And as more creators came into the equation, and rules began to become laxed in events; machines seemingly got harder due to the volume of items within it in comparison to the rare. Now, of course some people really overspent in trying to get the rare, even if that same item in Marketplace was at 500L or 1000L if they wanted to go that high.  Events started to pop all over.  Now event creators saw more opportunities to charge creators huge fees, and get people into the places.

If you sit down, and you analyze the difference even across events you cannot but realize that gachas are an incredibly lucrative way of earning revenue.  

You make a shirt for one regualar event. You have to compete with ultimately 50 vendors in your event.  An event that also has others making a shirt.You price that shirt at 250L. But then you have maybe 20k purchased for the week across all colors and fatpacks.  You have to pay an equivalent of 5k for the booth, and remember pulling 15K back to your account is about 60 USD.  And I probably am undercounting the cost of the booth.  There's probably also less sales per each week that an event is open. So for instance week one you may sell 50k, week two 25k, three 15k, four 7k.  And you MUST go to multiple events in a given month.  Which means you have 4 weeks to plan what you want to achieve for the next month and work on it.  Maybe you need to get into 4-5-6-7 events to sell enough to earn 1k a week in US dollars, if at best.  Those probably are the top creators on the grid, on a good month.

Now compare it with a gacha. You can build a gacha with multiple items.  This means that you have a higher probability of someone liking something in the Key. Then you probably have a constant cash flow of small transactions but periodically throughout the day.  Instead of selling 5 of the same shirt in one day, because only five liked your shirt. You now have 20 people paying just 50l once or twice in one day. Those already beat the usage sale of the shirt. To top that, you will have the resellers that do this for a slight markup on marketplace, and those that do go crazy in a machine. So they probably double, triple, and even quadruple their profits. They can do less monthly events, and focus more on creating the items for the gachas.   So even if they have to pay 20-30-40k a month to the event owners in sales, since it not just a flat fee but a percentage of the gacha sale;  they are making a higher profit.   This is why you may have noticed that some creators ONLY do gacha, or they tend to make their prettiest and best items as gacha. Because it works.

Ultimately, it will be incredibly hard for vendors to actually compete through the regular event model. Which I am conscious about.  We have an oversaturation of events.  Both gachas and regular ones. Unfortunately though, the average SL that actually likes to spend money, is too lazy to hop to stores to buy items.  And yeah, Saturday Sale and Weekend Sale may assist, but the only reason people are going to the stores themselves is because items are going for 50L-75L.   I see a few vendors actually having to close,  I see a large volume of items getting priced up in regular events, and I do less merchants.  The question is, will this cause us to bleed enough sellers that ultimately the SL economy will see a hit?  Maybe.  Got to admit, I've known friends that have spent large volume of their RL cash on gachas; whom could afford to by the way and they just liked playing to gift rares to their friends.  Those will no longer convert as many US dollars into Lindens. Nor will they buy as much from events. So we shall see.

And as for pond size, that has always been small.  As I said,  a large volume of SL users don't even know about anything other than specific adult sims. (Something that I think the new LL management team will cleanup soonish).  Others are leaving, and those coming usually do not spend until 1 year or 2 in at the level that many of us do.  Quality, not necessarily.  Again, many of the gacha makers in the larger events are actually very good at what they do.  It's just a tough market to compete in when demand is there for specific type of products.  Aimed for a group?  Actually no. Vendors make according to demand. Gachas are sometimes where they get creative. They play safer, and tend to follow the designs that everyone else does in order to live.  Unfortunately, that's a pet peeve of mine because I'm one of the few SLrs that loves mid-length and knee-length skirts for instance and usually sees a sea of minis. The reason you tend to notice that same aesthetic in clothing, jewelry, shoes, decoration, and home design is actually the supply and demand rule.  If creators make vintage clothes, but less people buy it, they stop making them and go for underwear.  Gachas is where they can experiment because one person is willing to pay a bit more than the cost of just one item of a regular priced item.  Bottomline, the lack of diversity, the concentration toward gachas, is due to us. We as consumers always had the choice to slowly stop buying in gachas, to request different styles and items,  we just normally do not do much.

Edited by Irina Forwzy
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Every creator I have ever known in all my years in SL has had one thing in common.

Fear of changing what a product is actually worth.

Basic math -> (Min wage x hours spent) / total sale over life span of product = final price

Most will do that sum, and then balk at the price, and then under cut themselves.

They undercut themselves though because the average SL doesn't want to spend the actual price tag.  Whether it is those of us that can afford it, or those that can't.  They'd rather spend 75L on 200 items a month, then pay 2k for an item.  And unfortunately Sl doesn't have a surplus of individuals coming in to compensate for the loss of those that do not want to pay, or have lack of income.

• Like 2

I believe it is probably because they've had a change of Upper Management and Board of Directors.  I do not necessarily see laws coming into play in the US on a National Level against gachas. Considering Democrats whom usually are the ones that engage in this style of governance have two Democrat senators to centralize them; that is if they get around the infrastructure bill and Covid-19. And either way, if there are interests from larger corporations such as Apple, and Google. Chances are that the pockets will be lined so to speak.  And only specific states will have these cases. Only to then go through the legislative channels toward the Supreme Court if need be, and if seeked.  Unless, and here's where things can be alter,  unless they are rethinking relocating their corporate office to a country that DOES have these laws in place.  So either they are being proactive in the event that next year there's a win in the US Congress that will eventually change our Federal policies; or something else. 

But this is me analyzing this at a rather late time. I may be missing an angle I did not think about.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

Wise advice, not doubt, but we are at that bridge, and it appears many have not actually saved up for a rainy day (which now they're learning might not have been a wise option, we live and we learn) This is part of the problem, not only are we at that bridge, but once we cross the other side, the whole area is going to get blown up leaving behind an enormous crater much larger than the bridge. We cannot go back, we cannot rebuild a new bridge, we need to press on.

These replacement machine ideas are only really redesigns of the exact same bridge intended to cover that newly created crater but will all fall short of succeeding, and do nothing to preserve life moving forward. They're only going to cause the people focusing on them or desiring to use them, to wither away on the shore. Those who opt instead to keep pressing on and stop looking to remake a bridge that will never get built, will likely thrive. At it's core it's common sense, if you really want to boil it down. The longer you spend working on ideas that cannot and will not work, the less time you have for ones that do and will. 

I agree that we need to adapt to this change and not try to just recreate something that will only lead to the same problems. 

So perhaps we need a new event model instead.   When I went to The Epiphany today there were several vendors that had an option to buy the fatpack  of the gacha items and they included everything (including VIP rewards and exclusives).  So what if a new event featured only full collections and nothing sold as individual items? People would know going in that it's going to be pricey but, to be fair, so are gacha events and people seem to flock to them.  I know for myself if I like the collection or creator enough, the fatpack option is a great thing.  If it was a gacha then I would play until I got all the pieces I wanted or the whole thing. And if it was a straight purchase having the option just saved me from having to choose which colour/items I wanted most - especially if i liked it all.  

I know some people would protest and say  "But I don't want the whole thing!" But we run into that issue now as well so it wouldn't really change anything. 

The creators would have control over how many items they include in each pack as well: If they have a collection of 20 pieces they could break that down into smaller packs based on things like item type or colour or they could just set up the whole set as one purchase.   The only stipulation for the event to qualify is that nothing can be sold as a single colour or item.

Edited by Yhishara Cerise
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yhishara Cerise said:

I agree that we need to adapt to this change and not try to just recreate something that will only lead to the same problems. 

So perhaps we need a new event model instead.   When I went to The Epiphany today there were several vendors that had an option to buy the fatpack  of the gacha items and they included everything (including VIP rewards and exclusives).  So what if a new event featured only full collections and nothing sold as individual items? People would know going in that it's going to be pricey but, to be fair, so are gacha events and people seem to flock to them.  I know for myself if I like the collection or creator enough, the fatpack option is a great thing because I would play until I got it all anyway.  Having that option just saves time. 

I know some people would protest and say  "But I don't want the whole thing!" But we run into that issue now as well so it wouldn't really change anything. 

The creators would have control over how many items they include in each pack as well: If they have a collection of 20 pieces they could break that down into smaller packs based on things like item type or colour or they could just set up the whole set as one purchase.   The only stipulation for the event to qualify is that nothing can be sold as a single colour or item.

For that, just put the gacha items out into regular events. Most people don't buy fatpacks.  And see the 2k pricetag with trepidation. Even if they were to spend 2.5k in the fatpack. So yeah they may get 2 fatpack sales per day, but that maybe 1/4th their revenue for that day. And they have to pay a very large amount to event owners (which I am looking at as part of the reason why this got out of hand).  So it the ROI wouldn't be enough.

1 minute ago, Irina Forwzy said:

For that, just put the gacha items out into regular events. Most people don't buy fatpacks.  And see the 2k pricetag with trepidation. Even if they were to spend 2.5k in the fatpack. So yeah they may get 2 fatpack sales per day, but that maybe 1/4th their revenue for that day. And they have to pay a very large amount to event owners (which I am looking at as part of the reason why this got out of hand).  So it the ROI wouldn't be enough.

Gachas to me were/are a bit different because of how they were introduced.  The goal of it is to complete a themed collection. And people were willing to do that when it came to them (as evidenced by the amount selling "FULL PACK PLUS RARE!'s"  on the Marketplace.  So you're right - while people would balk at the price of a normal item being sold that way the items in gachas  were viewed a bit differently because it was accepted that the full set would come at a higher price.   And that's what this event would be based on: selling full sets of things.  If a person hates fatpacks then this event probably wouldn't be for them but many might be interested.   And as for return on investment, the people that would spend the money on gachas probably have a higher likelihood of going to this event  as well.  Unless of course it was just resellers.  

We have never had an event of this nature before and at worst it falls flat, at best it becomes a success for those that love gacha collections.  

49 minutes ago, Irina Forwzy said:

I do not necessarily see laws coming into play in the US on a National Level against gachas.

LL/SL has to deal with a little more than US laws. In countries where they provide their services... they'll have to comply to certain laws too ..see as visible example the VAT... if not.. still good friends but cut off your users in the whole of.. let's say... Europe ... thats bad news to give to your investors if you have to tell them a third of the users is gone in a day .. ánd thats only Europe... it's a bit bigger than that worldwide.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

9 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

This trying to find any way (except normal vendors) to sell items that had been sold in gachas has been eye-opening, to say the least.  There's almost a feel of desperation to it.

There was a comment back someplace in the thread that where a poster said one of the reasons they bought gacha items was because they knew that they would be higher quality than non-gacha items.  In another thread, there was a comment that some events had trouble finding enough creators.  A former gacha-only seller (with some supposed better quality than anyone else) and empty stalls at an event sounds like they were made for each other.  The former gacha seller could sell items the normal way at the event, but would have the additional eyes on their product that a well-attended event brings.  It could be a way for former gacha-only sellers to start getting their wares out to an expanded audience and start to build an expanded customer base.  

9 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

That pretty much sums it up. I don't understand that desperation, but it's definitely there. I don't understand it because there is no reason for it. All of these same gacha items can be sold in regular vendors, with varied levels of work put in, and slife can go on turning. 

It's somewhat fascinating to watch, definitely eye opening too. I'm trying hard to reserve at least some of my judgment, but people are making it very easy to judge the mechanics of their business acumen and the effects human behavior have on their bottom line, to put it nicely.

It is eye-opening indeed! I have always known that gacha machines makes more income for the creators, but from what I read now, it is like their survival. Gacha income was the backbone for their income in SL and even supported their RL.

It makes me wonder, how much money was feed in the gacha machines.... *shudder*

An addiction for many buyers indeed, but the resellers could earn some from it. At least the "pro" resellers that listed on the Marketplace they day the event opened, when people buy the colors they want for 2-3 times the pull price. 

5 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

LL/SL has to deal with a little more than US laws. In countries where they provide their services... they'll have to comply to certain laws too ..see as visible example the VAT... if not.. still good friends but cut off your users in the whole of.. let's say... Europe ... thats bad news to give to your investors if you have to tell them a third of the users is gone in a day .. ánd thats only Europe... it's a bit bigger than that worldwide.

Europe has had these laws in place for years though.  Why didn't LL act then? In fact multiple European countries, Japan, China have had laws.  And they aren't new. They've been in place for some time and other games already rolled changes similar to this I would say before last year?  Was it a misinterpretation?

Edited by Irina Forwzy

6 minutes ago, Irina Forwzy said:

Europe has had these laws in place for years though.  Why didn't LL act then? In fact multiple European countries, Japan, China have had laws.  And they aren't new. They've been in place for some time and other games already rolled changes similar to this I would say before last year?  Was it a misinterpretation?

No one knows currently other then LL.  What we do know is that second life is their platform, so we must abide by their rules they set in place.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It is eye-opening indeed! I have always known that gacha machines makes more income for the creators, but from what I read now, it is like their survival. Gacha income was the backbone for their income in SL and even supported their RL.

It makes me wonder, how much money was feed in the gacha machines.... *shudder*

An addiction for many buyers indeed, but the resellers could earn some from it. At least the "pro" resellers that listed on the Marketplace they day the event opened, when people buy the colors they want for 2-3 times the pull price. 

1k-2k-3k is what I recall.  I have played gachas myself and spend about 1k-maximum 2k.  And I would resell but at a lower cost, because I knew I had over spent. So I probably was a part of the inflation and devaluation issue they had. If I paid 50l,  I'd sell my dupes for 45L. And get 500l back through that at times.  

I am assuming resellers actually play upwards past 3k.  To essentially 5k.  Then they upsell them in marketplace. Those actually pissed me off. Sometimes they'd sell a common for X10 the price.

As for a friend of mine,  they would play upwards of 4-5k, but because they liked to play for friends and gift things. They just liked playing. And had the disposable income to do a large gacha run.  Mind you both of us have rl professional degrees which allow us to overspend. But they far surpassed me. And they never, ever wanted to sell extras.  Probably had enough for a full sim of items.

Just now, Irina Forwzy said:

Europe has had these laws in place for years though.  Why didn't LL act then?

i don't say it's a direct danger... but some big companies already got serious fines .. if this is the reason why should they wait till they have to pay a amount of 6 figures or more? ..

Some countries had such laws in place.. not general in the EU, now it mainly is general ( i think after full verification by all member parliaments) and some laws are not so popular so won't be really executed as long everybody is silent. ( see the current fights about worldwide minimum tax system for multinationals)

Just now, Komarimono said:

No one knows currently other then LL.  What we do know is that second life is their platform, so we must abide by their rules they set in place.

I'm not questioning that it is their platform. All I'm doing is replying to someone.  We are all here conversing and analyzing and discussing things.  No one is actually yelling against LL. 

Why can't we simply wonder and just converse about it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i don't say it's a direct danger... but some big companies already got serious fines .. if this is the reason why should they wait till they have to pay a amount of 6 figures or more? ..

Some countries had such laws in place.. not general in the EU, now it mainly is general ( i think after full verification by all member parliaments) and some laws are not so popular so won't be really executed as long everybody is silent. ( see the current fights about worldwide minimum tax system for multinationals)

Usually, when mandates and laws come into play. Companies (and I worked in Financial Technology and currently work in a similar area now),  start to implement these changes before the countries come in with the signed legislation.  In fact, I recall GDPR because my old company had business in Europe. They essentially rolled all the changes into production two weeks after it was signed.   And that was because of defects. There is always knowledge sharing on which laws and mandates are really going to be enacted. And governments give specific due dates on large scope ones too.  Ones where they know, implementation will take months or a year too.

Especially in large markets. And European states, Japan, are large markets for LL.  Or surely I'd hope so (and maybe this is where my misconception is).

Edited by Irina Forwzy

20 minutes ago, Yhishara Cerise said:

Gachas to me were/are a bit different because of how they were introduced.  The goal of it is to complete a themed collection. And people were willing to do that when it came to them (as evidenced by the amount selling "FULL PACK PLUS RARE!'s"  on the Marketplace.  So you're right - while people would balk at the price of a normal item being sold that way the items in gachas  were viewed a bit differently because it was accepted that the full set would come at a higher price.   And that's what this event would be based on: selling full sets of things.  If a person hates fatpacks then this event probably wouldn't be for them but many might be interested.   And as for return on investment, the people that would spend the money on gachas probably have a higher likelihood of going to this event  as well.  Unless of course it was just resellers.  

We have never had an event of this nature before and at worst it falls flat, at best it becomes a success for those that love gacha collections.  

I disagree a bit with that. I think a large part of what drew people into the gachas to begin with, was the thrill of well the chase.  You pay 50l and you may get the rare, you may pay 250 and get two rares, or you may pay 2k for the rare.   I meant to say people are willing to pay 2k for the chance to get the rare. But the same person sees the fatpack at 2k and they won't get it because they still think they have the odds toward them. 

For instance, I see a machine at Epiphany for a creator.  There's only ten items and a rare.  I play the machine and I get the rare on first try.  I didn't need to go through 10 tries or pay 1750 for the fatpack. I underpaid for it.   That is the scenario most people wish for.

Some, may play four or five times and give up. At that time if the fatpack is 2500 they may just go back to play 5 more times. If they win at this point,  they still underpaid to the fatpack price.

I think most people don't really go for the whole set. Unless it's stores that are creating a specific thematic look. And some sets are like that but most are not 100%.  They are seeking just the rare, or a second item that may be even rarer than the rare (this has happened to me). So they are unwilling to pay a large fatpack cost because to them, they will probably get that rare by the first 500. And to them, in their head, the item worth 500. Then, some may have already paid into the machine so much, that they no longer want to pay another 2k for the fatpack to get their rare.

That's where the thrill of the gacha item is. Yes, there is a gambling element to it.  The same as you putting a coin in a slot machine and hoping that turns into a win.  The difference is that in a casino, you never, ever, ever get anything. Save maybe free hotel rooms, free cruise rooms, and free food and cocktails. But you are betting and getting 0 in return, but the thrill (and maybe a marker that you owe the casino).  In a gacha you get an item, and you may stop there because you like it once you have it, or it may be a second item you want, but if your goal is a rare,  and you have no self-control you will stop at nothing for that rare. Even if you have overspent.  But if presented with that item,  as a copy item which is unlimited and is not a gacha item; they would not buy the fatpack version. That's the peril of it.

Unless of course,  the vendors do consider reducing fatpacks toward figures such as 1k-2k rather than some that go over 2k.  I mean, I am not the norm in gacha. If I know I want a complete set and it is in Epiphany I buy the copy.  For Collab, I used to play only if I wanted a rare. And usually waited out until it was back at the store because for some reason probabilities were good for me there. But most people think they cannot afford the fatpack because they don't just want one rare from one vendor, they want 3-5 rares from multiple vendors.   In order to achieve the same items in a fatpack event, they'd need to shift from maybe 10k for an event to 20k. Just for the rare.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Irina Forwzy said:

Usually, when mandates and laws come into play.

... true.. usually  :)
but i don't know how LL works or the structures there.

What i do see... and think more do ...some of LL descisions were made with USA in mind.. they seem sometimes to forget it's a international world we live in here.
Perhaps thinking to small has also to do with this and the Law department had to raise a flag... guys do something..

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

... true.. usually  :)
but i don't know how LL works or the structures there.

What i do see... and think more do ...some of LL descisions were made with USA in mind.. they seem sometimes to forget it's a international world we live in here.
Perhaps thinking to small has also to do with this and the Law department had to raise a flag... guys do something..

US hasn't moved to create this law in a Federal level. And if it's a state, it can be quickly overturned with Federal Judges if need be.  Which were packed up with pro-business judges by the previous Congress. That's why I have a hard time believing it's due to US legislation.

Biden and Congress will not be able to do that much through Congress since the Senate is essentially at a stalemate. Mind you, this being said sometimes the Republicans shock me.  But right now it seems our Fed level is too into Covid-19, and infrastructure (which are our more pressing issues).

Edited by Irina Forwzy

13 minutes ago, Irina Forwzy said:

US hasn't moved to create this law in a Federal level. And if it's a state, it can be quickly overturned with Federal Judges if need be.  Which were packed up with pro-business judges by the previous Congress. That's why I have a hard time believing it's due to US legislation.

Biden and Congress will not be able to do that much through Congress since the Senate is essentially at a stalemate. Mind you, this being said sometimes the Republicans shock me.  But right now it seems our Fed level is too into Covid-19, and infrastructure (which are our more pressing issues).

Are you sure about that? Lootboxes may be petty gambling but they nevertheless poach on real gambling territory. Now real online gambling is regulated but also organized. I would not be surprised at all to see gambling industry lobbyists pushing to ban or at least regulate lootboxes. They might insist on same regulations for all forms of gambling or they would be at an disadvantage.

Edited by Fionalein

12 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Are you sure about that? Lootboxes may be petty gambling but they nevertheless poach on real gambling territory. Now real online gambling is regulated but also organized. I would not be surprised at all to see gambling industry lobbyists pushing to ban or at least regulate lootboxes. They might insist on same regulations for all forms of gambling or they would be at an disadvantage.

Doesn't look like something in their cards.   Casinos and Online gambling sites have not advocated for that yet. I mean yet, because until now gaming hasn't been on their sights in the US.  What has been is online journalists and of course consumer advocates.  Right now they are wounded little vultures licking their wounds from the massive loss of revenue from 2020.  Second the question is: online gambling is giving you are real life asset if you win.  Correct?  So you are putting RL funds into a poker website, but if you win, you get an rl payment to your bank account.   Loot boxes within SL are funds you are indirectly loading from a virtual account which were converted from RL, but ones that you are not getting palpable credit for.  You'll never transfer a gacha item out.  And the only way you do get a credit is through either being a direct seller, or a reseller (where you could eventually earn enough to pull funds out of sl). Other than that, it stays in the game.    Oh I'm sure Democrats would probably go for legislating that because of the addiction issue, but not too sure about GOP.  They are for de-regulation.

But alright, going to bed.  And let me stop talking about politics.  I'm feeling like eventually this may turn into one of those old cartoons where the characters start to fight and it's a circle of smoke and feathers being thrown out of the cloud.  Creeps back a bit.

Edited by Irina Forwzy

16 minutes ago, Irina Forwzy said:

Oh I'm sure Democrats would probably go for legislating that because of the addiction issue, but not too sure about GOP.  They are for de-regulation.

Theresa Tennyson nods and smiles.

Oh, they're all for businesses behaving freely. Until the moment that they start doing something that they don't like...

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Leannyn said:

Are blind loot boxes like Powder Pack going to be banned as well? They're the same thing. You play x amount of Lindens  and you have no idea what's inside until you open it. You only know which creators made the things for the month. Same thing? Or not? 

I asked the same question.  If your question hasn't been answered yet, from what people told me here they now offer a preview so you can see the items included in the pack at the time of purchase. 

The gacha system was never created as a way for creators to earn mega bucks from it. It started off as a way of putting items that you may not have been able to sell to your regular customers ..... do you own a normal clothing store but really want to make a cosplay set .. or a pet Llama ..... or a gun that shoots rainbows ... put it into a gacha as a fun little extra for people to buy.

Now everything seems to be gacha, even items that have no sense in being gacha..... like splitting a normal clothing item set up into six pieces for each color...... 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Angelina Sinclair said:

• You can not cash dump a ton of money into original vendor like gachas to spam the machine and roll many times for a rarity. Nixing that gambler itch. You must wait for the animals to breed, however long that takes. Yes, you can just get more but you still wait regardless.

Very well thought out post but I disagree with the statement above: 

Just because you have a wait time rather than instant doesn't change that the outcome isn't known at the time of payment.  You might have some idea (like looking at a gacha key) but it doesn't guarantee that's what you are going to get.  

Edited by Yhishara Cerise

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 110 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.