New Gacha Policy Discussion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LL had to announce that somehow. It may not be all perfect and clear, but at least we do have a taste of what's coming. We will get more infos soon enough I am confident about this. Keep up the good questions I guess, that's how we forge a good FAQ (Sim owners absolutely know what I'm talking about lol!)

Just now, Shadowed Luik said:

I'm honestly surprised 7seas is ok if gachas are not.

Gacha - you pay for a random prize.
7Seas - you pay for "bait" to get a random prize.

Gacha - You can see the various prizes you might win, but no guarantee of which kind.
7Seas - You can find lists of various fish you might win, but no guarantee of which kind OR guarantee to even get a fish, since its possible to cast and use bait without getting a bite, resulting in lost bait.

Gacha - Items are transferable.
7Seas - Items are transferable (as of now, at least).

Gacha - Sometimes you need to get multiple items to make the main prize.
7Seass - Sometimes you need multiple items to make the main prize (blueprints and parts to build special items).

You can fish for free and still get rares, I do it all the time

1 minute ago, Elyssa Artis said:

So I will now call my clothing machine a "floofy vendor" and it will give a random chance at some dresses with solid colors, or some cool less common dresses with extra ruffles and sparkles. It's not GACHA because it's a floofy vendor.

Or I will set up a standard vendor that sells "clothing boxes", and when you get those clothing boxes home and click on them, they will give you a random chance at some dresses with solid colors, or some cool less common dresses with extra ruffles and sparkles. It's not gacha because it came in a 'clothing box' I was clearly buying first, knowing I was getting a 'clothing box'.

That's pretty clear to me.

So animals I purchased long before gachas ever existed on the gird are gachas now because gachas are on the grid. Right.

I am NOT talking about RANDOM CHANCE VENDORS. How many times do I have to say NORMAL VENDOR before you realize we are talking about two different types of vendors and products?

2 minutes ago, Shadowed Luik said:

Gacha - You can see the various prizes you might win, but no guarantee of which kind.
7Seas - You can find lists of various fish you might win, but no guarantee of which kind OR guarantee to even get a fish, since its possible to cast and use bait without getting a bite, resulting in lost bait.

7Seass - Sometimes you need multiple items to make the main prize (blueprints and parts to build special items).

Patch Linden has clarified that as of Sept 1 all 7seas items must be non transferable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillyWH said:

You can call it whatever you want to but it's still will be considered illegal under the way the law is.

People know that they are getting a dress or an animal or whatever but they don't know what color or what kind and that is what is making it illegal.

So call it a  Happy Fun Ball but if it acts like a lootbox/gacha it can't be allowed

That's exactly my point if you hadn't seen my previous posts. It doesn't matter what it's called. Breedable starter packs act like a gacha, therefore they should be considered under the same laws.

You can fish without bait with 7Seas, or at least you used to be able to. So they're probably safe.

The blog post has already been updated to say that Fishing will only be allowed if the items received are NOT Transferable.

Not to mention that someone else mentioned that you can fish to get items without ever actually buying bait. Buying bait simply gives you chances (or higher changes) at more rare items.  That might actually make the bait part be interpreted as a Gacha scheme some day.  But the fishing is still fine.

Just now, Hanjo Harvey said:

По твоей логике. Никто тоже не расстроится, если ты не купишь свое красивое платье.

and I'm not asking you to be upset because of my dresses. I'm just saying my opinion is it still possible to do it in SL, or is it already a ban too?

From the updated blog:

Q:  How are breedables impacted by this policy change?

A:  This current policy change and deadline does not apply to breedables or other life simulation products.  At the present we are working with external counsel on the subject of breedables.  If any action is required we will make a separate announcement and have a separate timeline associated with it. 

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

So animals I purchased long before gachas ever existed on the gird are gachas now because gachas are on the grid. Right.

I am NOT talking about RANDOM CHANCE VENDORS. How many times do I have to say NORMAL VENDOR before you realize we are talking about two different types of vendors and products?

I don't see how you are not understanding what I am saying.
Perhaps you are invested in your side of the argument, I'm invested in neither.

You are saying it doesn't matter because yours is coming from a 'normal vendor'. I get that.
A normal vendor giving a nest, simply shifts the coding where the random chance is rolled from the vendor to the item received.
You pay a normal vendor for a 'container'. I get that. You then get a random chance from that container to get either a boring looking breedable, or a desirable one. Whether you choose to breed it or not is irrelevant.
You paid, you got a random item, perhaps common, perhaps rare.
The breedable you get is transferrable.

By your logic, as previously stated, I can put 'containers' in a normal vendor, and upon rezzing and clicking those 'containers' a random chance is rolled for the dress option. So the roll for chance is now after the fact, rather that at the machine.

2 minutes ago, Annie Nova said:

МОЙ БОГ! Ты серьезно???? Вы заплатили за встречу с этим случайным человеком ????? НЕТ. поэтому ваша аналогия идиотская ....

I don’t understand the essence of the problem, it’s worth the gacha with the shoes, and I win green, although I’m looking for red, so what? what's the problem, this is a game, like a surprise ... what's the evil in that?

1 minute ago, ShanaMoon2014 said:

I don’t understand the essence of the problem, it’s worth the gacha with the shoes, and I win green, although I’m looking for red, so what? what's the problem, this is a game, like a surprise ... what's the evil in that?

Bottom line.....IT IS CONSIDERED GAMBLING, therefore according to the law, it is ILLEGAL. Period.

• Like 2

Just now, Annie Nova said:

Итог ..... ЭТО СЧИТАЕТСЯ ИГРОМ, следовательно, по закону НЕЗАКОННО. Период.

ok, I understand if there are 100 people, there will be 100 different opinions, but my opinion is that the ban of gacha is the most wrong thing that I saw in SL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, ShanaMoon2014 said:

ok, I understand if there are 100 people, there will be 100 different opinions, but my opinion is that the ban of gacha is the most wrong thing that I saw in SL

As someone really smart said: "Take it up with LL Legal." I'm done! What part of illegal to you NOT understand. God almighty....

• Like 6

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Take it up with LL's legal team.

Don't need to, they are already on it.  "At the present we are working with external counsel on the subject of breedables."

Because it's an incredibly grey area. Firm criteria really does need to be stated by LL.
Even citing the specific laws they are complying by would be amazing.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.