Old Random account associated with a random email?

chesse Vyceratops

Question

My boyfriends email account "santuse423" recently got a email congratulating the 10th rez day of "SharonNeman Resident" which is an account that appears to be an inactive account. Santuse423 played second life for the first time last year and their real name is nothing like "SharonNeman", so how did an account made far before he played second life with no association to him change to his email to send rezday notifications?

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, chesse Vyceratops said:

My boyfriends email account "santuse423" recently got a email congratulating the 10th rez day of "SharonNeman Resident" which is an account that appears to be an inactive account. Santuse423 played second life for the first time last year and their real name is nothing like "SharonNeman", so how did an account made far before he played second life with no association to him change to his email to send rezday notifications?

Sounds more like a phishing email.  I don't recall LL ever sending me a Happy Rez Day email.

The email came from updates@mc.secondlife.com and clicking the link didn't ask for a password, just redirected to the main site (he changed his password just to be safe). I tried looking it up more and found this post from 2019. It seems like this might be an ongoing weird glitch? It *was* the actual rez day of the account mentioned in the email too.

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The Rez Day e-mail is definitely a thing i have one from April 2013 for my resident account inviting me to get a cake with a now defunct link to a cake that was on the marketplace. If i had them for other accounts it would appear i didn't keep them

Now I -- that is Me, Myself, and I (as well as all the other alts) - feel totally ignored.

On 8/1/2021 at 7:20 PM, Rowan Amore said:

I don't recall LL ever sending me a Happy Rez Day email.

I used to get them years ago, but not for almost a decade, I would guess.  Heck, half the time I can't remember my own rezday.  I can't expect LL to remember.  🤡

50 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I used to get them years ago, but not for almost a decade, I would guess.  Heck, half the time I can't remember my own rezday.  I can't expect LL to remember.  🤡

Now I'm sad.  🙁

The fact it was sent to his email with another accounts name in the message, seemed suspicious.