Inventory, the original SL viewer and region choosing

Pookie Breadbin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. I am back after a very long time and i found that my inventory was kapút. That is it didn't load all that I own so I created a ticket and they answered that there was a corruption or something with my inventory and they attached a fix. BUT here is the rub. I have to log into a specific region. Pooley (and there was another one listed as well) but I also have to use the original SL viewer. The official one. I prefer to use Firestorm but for the fix I will do anything. So I downloaded the official view BUT I can not find anywhere where to change the region settings BEFORE I log in. I can find it easily (on the very login page itself) in Firestorm but I have looked everywhere in the preferences in the Me tab and I can't find it. Am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, Pookie Breadbin said:

Hi. I am back after a very long time and i found that my inventory was kapút. That is it didn't load all that I own so I created a ticket and they answered that there was a corruption or something with my inventory and they attached a fix. BUT here is the rub. I have to log into a specific region. Pooley (and there was another one listed as well) but I also have to use the original SL viewer. The official one. I prefer to use Firestorm but for the fix I will do anything. So I downloaded the official view BUT I can not find anywhere where to change the region settings BEFORE I log in. I can find it easily (on the very login page itself) in Firestorm but I have looked everywhere in the preferences in the Me tab and I can't find it. Am I missing something?

In the screen you see when you open the viewer, go to the third white box (that normally says things like "My home" or "My last location" and type in the name of the region.

• Thanks 2

With any luck, clicking this SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pooley/71/170/30 should open the last viewer you installed and log you in to Pooley. Hopefully you installed the LL viewer after Firestorm, and haven't installed any other since then. But if you have, you might want to look at Firestorm's SLURL Proxy utility, here, which lets you control which viewer responds to SLURLs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.