What's your favorite 'old thing' that is now 'new' again because of BOM?

Feorie Frimon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

well, I don't have a fav thing, I have a whole wardrobe of what can now be called BOM clothes..  I have been making clothing in SL for almosst 16 years,  seems like we have come full circle,  resurrecting what was good from the past.  What I do now is mix and match my mesh stuff with BOM layers.  For instance:  that mesh top that just shows way too much skin, now I can wear it, I just throw a BOM tank or tee shirt on under as a modesty shirt.. usually makes for a nice style.  Or when I want to wear my over the knee boots or calf boots with pants  which I cannot do if the pants are mesh but I can if I wear a nice leather BOM pant.  
And as a creator I sure can do without having to make those pesky appliers for every sort of body!  I still love my mesh, but I am sure happy about all the possibilities and options that are now in the mix!  Like this:  BOM undershirt & BOM pants.

962826335_BOMforfunbyTAZZforIndigenous.thumb.jpg.01fa1307227cc9c4b9f1e0f2569f0370.jpg

Edited by Tazzie Tuque
  • Like 3

Like Tazzie, I don't really have a favorite BOM item/outfit, but definitely love how BOM makes it so much easier to layer clothing without having to buy all the pieces from the same creator or having to search forever for just the right mesh items that will play nice together.

• Like 2

Skin detail layers. Small shading/highlight tweaks on the nose, eyelids, cheekbones, moles, scars, and whatever you want to make your skin feel more unique to your avatar. Creators are right on making it again because of BOM and I am living for it.

• Like 5

My skin.  I got it in around 2013 and kept it until I got a mesh head, which at the time was appliers only. The very day that BOM launched, I switched back. This skin is mine until the day I die. It actually looks far better on my Lelutka head than it ever did on the classic.

210102_016.thumb.jpg.9fc70b7187664e850f465782c712d9c9.jpg

• Like 6

Gosh, so many things!

Freckles from Izzie's. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Izzies-Body-Freckles-II/9074739

Tanktops from Friday; Second Life Marketplace - friday - BOM Tank Collection

Tattoo from Psycho; Second Life Marketplace - PSYCHO - Tattoo GODDESS for BOM and OMEGA (now reduced to a dollarbie! I paid a whole L$10 for that!)

Tintable undies: Second Life Marketplace - {Etiquette} Autumn - Cloud White

Separate eyebrows from Alaskametro (no longer available)

Using alpha masks to do precision cuts for clothing fitting.

- That's been a great boon for me. I can easily open up GIMP and make an alpha to hide the exact tiny spot where I see an issue and not hide all sorts of other random, and it's letting me use my mesh body with the scripts removed / turned off and still have control of hiding / showing parts.

Before I had several dozen copies of my body in a series of folders named for what was hidden or shown, and every time I changed outfit I was essentially taking the body off and wearing a different copy of. Now I just have two copies - feet in normal position or in heels. With different outfits I just swap around the alpha but my worn body remains mostly constant.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2021 at 1:12 PM, Lewis Luminos said:

My skin.  I got it in around 2013 and kept it until I got a mesh head, which at the time was appliers only. The very day that BOM launched, I switched back. This skin is mine until the day I die. It actually looks far better on my Lelutka head than it ever did on the classic.

210102_016.thumb.jpg.9fc70b7187664e850f465782c712d9c9.jpg

Is it Bjorn skin?

My favorites are the fatpack of Zaara "Nishar" leggings that I can use again. As good today as in 2009. Maybe Zaara update them to HD but seriously, they do not need it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.