Recent SL updates too much for my computer (Windows 10)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently updated SL and since then every time i log in i get a pop up that says my graphics driver is very out of date (I'll include a picture) I've tried to update, and going to Intel's site, it all says i'm up to date (I have a second hand Acer laptop, Intel graphics 4000) The site had updates for Windows 7 and i'm on Windows 10 so i hope i'm not extremely outdated, i was already getting lag spikes but now trying to run SL my framerate was between 1.4 and 6.0, it looks like a slideshow and is hard to move. I asked some friends what they think and they both said my only option is to buy a better computer or driver, but i am not in a position financially to be buying things like that anytime in the near future. Is there anything at all that i can do? Thanks

(Note: The rest of my computer and internet runs somewhat smoothly, i can't run more advanced games. But it's SL after the updates that changed my computer is the same, maybe i can go down an update or something? If there's a way)

Pop up pic.png

• Like 1

You can try to force a higher version from the Intel website. What exact Intel CPU do you have? You can easily find that by going to Help > About SecondLife (or Firestorm).

In reality though. Your friends are right. That CPU is 9 years old now. Time to either put it out to the great e-waste pile in the clouds or demote it to "light" work only.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics

• Like 1

Thanks for replying, For some reason it's running much better today, at 51.0 i looked at help > Firestorm like you said and here's the info CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz (1795.92 MHz)
Memory: 5940 MB do you think it's okay to try and download a more advanced version as you linked? It won't cause problems?

17 hours ago, AmyPinkLegend said:

Я недавно обновил SL, и с тех пор каждый раз, когда я вхожу в систему, я получаю всплывающее окно, в котором говорится, что мой графический драйвер очень устарел (я добавлю изображение) Я пытался обновить и захожу на сайт Intel, все это говорит, что я в курсе (у меня есть подержанный ноутбук Acer, Intel Graphics 4000) На сайте были обновления для Windows 7, и я использую Windows 10, поэтому я надеюсь, что я не сильно устарел, у меня уже были всплески лагов но теперь, пытаясь запустить SL, моя частота кадров была между 1,4 и 6,0, это похоже на слайд-шоу, и его трудно переместить. Я спросил некоторых друзей, что они думают, и они оба ответили, что мой единственный вариант - купить лучший компьютер или драйвер, но я не в состоянии в финансовом отношении покупать подобные вещи в ближайшее время. Могу ли я вообще что-нибудь сделать? Спасибо

(Примечание: остальная часть моего компьютера и Интернет работают несколько гладко, я не могу запускать более сложные игры. Но это SL после обновлений, которые изменили мой компьютер, то же самое, может быть, я могу отказаться от обновления или что-то в этом роде? Если есть способ)

Всплывающее окно pic.png

the same problem on both viewers, the updated version could be left with the old versions giving access to downloads without forcing people to update old versions that people do not fit on their devices

1 hour ago, AmyPinkLegend said:

Thanks for replying, For some reason it's running much better today, at 51.0 i looked at help > Firestorm like you said and here's the info CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz (1795.92 MHz)
Memory: 5940 MB do you think it's okay to try and download a more advanced version as you linked? It won't cause problems?

It's a good plan to save-up for a new machine. It's not necessary to be the first to run Windows 11, but that's never going to be an option on this machine. Also, "some reason" it might run better one day than another could be due to anything else running in background on the machine: it's really tight for memory, given SL's natural appetite for the stuff and the fact some gets used for the Intel 4000 embedded graphics.

If there's a newer driver on the Intel site, it's pretty likely to help with the error message; worst case, you may need to roll back to the version you've got now.

18 hours ago, AmyPinkLegend said:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29969/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-

That is the most current driver for a 3rd gen Intel CPU w/ integrated graphics. There are times though a laptop manufacturer may only want you to use the the driver they provide but you *should* be able to use this driver. So, use caution.  

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.