Missed befriend chance

Solbarondi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay just sharing and see if anyone have had similar experience for the sake of fun.

One week ago I was at this live music place and saw an AV that I thought was totally awesome.  But it was quite late and I had to log, don't like to send out friend request without at least talking to the person -- otherwise friend request will most likely be ignored anyway.  So I just jolt down the AV's name and think I might be able to talk to the person later.

Turned out I cannot find the AV anyway I tried, might not have recorded the correct information or whatever.  Or it could be the account was deleted lol.

You might have written down the name correctly, but they're electing to hide their profile from searches maybe? However, if they ever registered for these forums, you can find them using the above search, category "users". Or if you can remember any of the groups the avatar was listed as being in, you could join it and search for the name in that list.

Oh heck, I seem to be teaching you how to stalk someone now :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Luc Starsider wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Oh heck, I seem to be teaching you how to stalk someone now :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Uh-oh... What did you do? 
Unknown.jpeg

But you give a lot of good advice for how to do it, though.
:D

- Luc -

There might be a fine line between being an investigator and a stalker, and I might be there, just a couple of milimetres over the edge of it.

I shall say no more :womanwink:

edited to add: I have never boiled a bunny, and never would.

I want to laud you for wanting to speak with someone first before offering friendship (and, from your OP, it sounds like you would actually wish to take the time to converse before so doing).   When I DJ, I sometimes get requests for friendship from club patrons with whom I have never exchanged a 'hello'.  I understand that they may feel that they know me from my work and the path of least resistance is to accept the request, wait a couple of days, and remove them. 

Good luck!

Maybe I am just a little too mellow at the moment but I can't help being struck by the notion that there could be a story here. Imagine someone meeting the avatar of their dreams and writing down the name, only to find they got a letter wrong and them spent their whole Second Life wandering aimlessly from sim to sim - and never finding them!

As I said, maybe I am too mellow and on the edge of maudling...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.