Luminar AI photo editing software

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I been playing around with this program on and off it has some nice features, some so so features. It is more of a "Lightroom" style of editor with some supposed built in "AI". They just released a update with a new 'Portrait Bokeh AI' feature and for doing DOF in world, we all know that can be sometimes hit n miss. So I took this rather quick picture to test this new feature, Below is the raw straight out of camera :
bokehtest-2.thumb.jpg.968120b57c785453c6df779d3d9b82ab.jpg

Taking it into Luminar AI I adjusted 2 sliders and that is all then exported it. I used the Enhance AI and then the Portrait Bokeh AI. No Masking it auto detects the subject and puts in the DOF for you. Of course there are tools to refine it but just pushing one slider seems to do a pretty good job

bokehtest-1.thumb.jpg.fd5ba168bb3e6de5865246ff20a944f6.jpg

It does alot of other things as well, some good some not so good, but its not expensive I think around 100 dollars and you can get a trial version to play around with it. It's not a subsitute for photoshop or an equivalent, but for doing minimal post processing work it is a pretty nice set up

Edited by Jackson Redstar
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Doris Johnsky said:

That's not that bad. Are there adjustments to the DoF feature, or is it a one and done?

there are a number of adjustments and some masking features as well. It isn't always perfect, though I suspect that is more it wasn't so much designed for photos of a virtual world, but it does a pretty good job recognizing things in the photo

I once used a viewer (Emerald?) that had both depth map and stereo image taking abilities. DOF was easy to do in post using an exported depth map. I was also able to do tilt-shift effects quite easily.

Anyone know if those image capture methods are still available somewhere?

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 11:28 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

I once used a viewer (Emerald?) that had both depth map and stereo image taking abilities. DOF was easy to do in post using an exported depth map. I was also able to do tilt-shift effects quite easily.

Anyone know if those image capture methods are still available somewhere?

Firestorm and Black Dragon and the Linden viewer still allow you to capture a depth map.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.