Jump to content

Sound restricted to parcel?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 91 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I have wondered a lot about why the box we can check in about land regarding ”sound ”restricted to this parcel”. Why isnt that box checked by default? Iv have had problems several times with neighbours that have thunderstorms, music and other stuff all over the place. Im sure most of them is not even aware of that click box. At least in LH areas where a lot new players might start?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Always Incognito said:

I have wondered a lot about why the box we can check in about land regarding ”sound ”restricted to this parcel”. Why isnt that box checked by default? Iv have had problems several times with neighbours that have thunderstorms, music and other stuff all over the place. Im sure most of them is not even aware of that click box. At least in LH areas where a lot new players might start?

Restricting the sounds works both ways, your noisy barking dog won’t disturb the neighbours, but as @Eowyn Southmoor pointed out, you also won’t then be able to hear all the lovely ambient sounds that the moles have placed in the community area to enhance the region. It is better to have the choice to restrict it if you feel it is necessary. I use it on mainland sometimes (particularly when in close quarters with neighbours and I don’t want my loud ticking clock to irritate them), but for Bellisseria, if a neighbour has something that irks me, I’d sooner just mute the object concerned, and keep my own ticking clock quieter.

Edited by Sister Nova
Clarity
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay Thanks! so Mole area counts as parcel, i get that. Never had a parcel where i have heard any birds or anything on tho. Depends on area i guess 🙏 The last thunderstorm I muted was evenly spread over ground so it took a while 🤯 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Always Incognito said:

Okay Thanks! so Mole area counts as parcel, i get that. Never had a parcel where i have heard any birds or anything on tho. Depends on area i guess 🙏 The last thunderstorm I muted was evenly spread over ground so it took a while 🤯 

If you're not getting any sounds from off your parcel that you enjoy, then it really is much easier to hit the 'restrict sounds' tick box in your about land window, especially if as you mentioned, there is a lot of noisy stuff to find and mute from your neighbours. As I mentioned above, restricting sounds work both ways... If you tick the box on your parcel it keeps your sounds in, but also keeps your neighbours sounds out. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sister Nova said:

Restricting the sounds works both ways,...  if a neighbour has something that irks me, I’d sooner just mute the object concerned, and keep my own ticking clock quieter.

How do you FIND the object concerned?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

How do you FIND the object concerned?

I use the sound explorer in Firestorm under the world menu. It is right under area search. I listen to what is there and when I hear what annoys me, I blacklist it (you can also choose to "look at" it and mute it that way.)

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We set the resident parcels to restrict sounds and voice when we build the regions, but it is not a setting that changes during a transfer of ownership. So once a resident gets that parcel and turns them on, it is out of our hands I'm afraid.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

We set the resident parcels to restrict sounds and voice when we build the regions, but it is not a setting that changes during a transfer of ownership. So once a resident gets that parcel and turns them on, it is out of our hands I'm afraid.

I noticed that when I step out of my parcel boundaries my music stops playing, even when I don’t restrict the sound to my parcel. I’ve not wanted to bother my neighbors with my choice of music. Is it not necessary to restrict sound then, because I do like to hear the birds chirping outside my parcel? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I noticed that when I step out of my parcel boundaries my music stops playing, even when I don’t restrict the sound to my parcel. I’ve not wanted to bother my neighbors with my choice of music. Is it not necessary to restrict sound then, because I do like to hear the birds chirping outside my parcel? 

The parcel music stream is separate from object sounds. Those will and should stop once you leave the parcel. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I use the sound explorer in Firestorm under the world menu. It is right under area search. I listen to what is there and when I hear what annoys me, I blacklist it (you can also choose to "look at" it and mute it that way.)

Also click the pause the playlist box or whatever it's called so that you can go through the list before the data changes.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

We set the resident parcels to restrict sounds and voice when we build the regions, but it is not a setting that changes during a transfer of ownership. So once a resident gets that parcel and turns them on, it is out of our hands I'm afraid.

First thing I do when acquiring a new parcel is going straight to the Sound tab to delete any music url, turn off Restrict sound to parcel, and turn off Voice.  Then I delete anything in the Media tab, and check the Options settings to ensure they're how I want them for the given parcel.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

First thing I do when acquiring a new parcel is going straight to the Sound tab to delete any music url, turn off Restrict sound to parcel, and turn off Voice.  Then I delete anything in the Media tab, and check the Options settings to ensure they're how I want them for the given parcel.

Good advice. I also go to the options tab and clear landing point and TP routing.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

First thing I do when acquiring a new parcel is going straight to the Sound tab to delete any music url, turn off Restrict sound to parcel, and turn off Voice.  Then I delete anything in the Media tab, and check the Options settings to ensure they're how I want them for the given parcel.

Same here, and @Nika Talaj I have tried that so many times, but had too many neighbor sounds piping in that I've had to resort to Restrict Sound to Parcel. I really don't want 22 pianos, all playing different tunes, abandoned babies crying ( is there an agency inworld that we can report abandoned babies to?) or loud, and I mean LOUD clocks ticking and chiming the hour...and crackling fireplaces...

When will they include the Mole soundscape in the parcel package so we can still hear the Moles lovely nature sounds? 

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I tend to leave sounds on, for me the mole soundscape is one thing that I look at when deciding whether to keep a parcel.

So thats why iv missed that, I always have it turned off to not disturb neighbours (i mostly only have bird sound on, maybee i can turn that off then). Ill see what iv missed after work i think there is water sound from the river too. 🐦 I use beacon to find sounds (LL viewer).

Edited by Always Incognito
Added viewer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 91 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...