Is the removal of 'wear' a option?

ananoelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When getting dressed or opening bags I never wear, I add items. I learned from early on that wearing wasn't a option if I wanted to keep my hair on my head or clothing for that matter. 

I sometimes misclick and week  1 nostalgia all kicks in. 😄

It would be more noob friendly in my view to either merge the two and have wear perform like add or just remove wear all together. 

Thoughts? 

• Like 2

if we just had Add then would need to detach the current attachment then Add the replacement

so if there was to be a change then I would go with Add and Replace

Add to none/existing attachments on the point

Replace the last added attachment (which would be greyed out leaving only Add when there is no attachment on the point)

• Like 1

Preaching to the choir probably, but it never hurts to say it loud enough:

Merchants: Change the default attachment point of your rigged stuff!

Everyone else: make sure your stuff isn't attached to your hand the first time you wear it. because apparently merchants are lazy/ neglectful sometimes. Putting stuff you really don't want interfered with (body/hair/head...) on a weird(unlikely to be used) spot (alternate right eye perhaps?) can also help.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i prefer that merchants attach their stuff to right hand by default. I know where it is out-of-the-box, and I keep the right hand attachment free of my own stuff. I then prefer to re-attach the merchant item to where I want it rather than where the merchant might think I want it

i may be an exception to the norm tho, as I pretty much have 30+ attachments on at the same time, and I try to distribute them evenly across all the attachment points

You can, in the Firestorm inventory options anyway, turn double-clicking from being the default 'wear' to 'add' instead. But I don't know about 'removing' wear completely ..

Myself I've been wanting the ability to select both layers and objects attached and remove both in the inventory, the way you can in your wardrobe .. 

• Like 3

Maybe if they just moved them apart.  Having Wear and Add right next to each other is part of the problem.   Add, Attach to, Wear...there's another option I don't recall.  At least it would be harder to accidently hit the wrong one.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Orwar said:

You can, in the Firestorm inventory options anyway, turn double-clicking from being the default 'wear' to 'add' instead. But I don't know about 'removing' wear completely ..

Myself I've been wanting the ability to select both layers and objects attached and remove both in the inventory, the way you can in your wardrobe .. 

Reason #75368 why I use Firestorm as my daily viewer. 

If Black dragon's controls and ui weren't so hard to use, I'd absolutely use it though.... As it feels like my PC likes it better (better frame rates, ironically) 

7 minutes ago, Ellie4024 said:

If Black dragon's controls and ui weren't so hard to use, I'd absolutely use it though....

Same. I could never get used to the BD UI.

7 minutes ago, Ellie4024 said:

As it feels like my PC likes it better (better frame rates, ironically) 

Yeah, same. But it's usually not bad in FS for me either, so meh.

• Like 1

I always wanted a combination of 'Attach to' and 'Wear', Perhaps 'Replace, and set attachment point to', that sets the attachment point, removes the existing attached items, and attaches the new.  I have a strict list of what sort of thing attaches where, and I assume that creators are idiots (in this respect).

9 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i prefer that merchants attach their stuff to right hand by default. I know where it is out-of-the-box, and I keep the right hand attachment free of my own stuff. I then prefer to re-attach the merchant item to where I want it rather than where the merchant might think I want it

If you're going to change it in any case, you shouldn't care what the default is.

IMO  a "default"(from the consumer/end-user point of view) setting should be one which the majority of average users wouldn't mind leaving alone. As it stands the "average" user is very negatively impacted by a right-hand setting (assuming all/most of their stuff is that way, wearing anything new will totally obliterate their avatar) whereas 'advanced' users are no-more encumbered by having the attachment point non-default than they would be had the attachment point been something different.

I'm a bit confused as to how having something that doesn't belong on your right hand attached to your right hand actively makes organization easier for you, If you're using it as a litmus test for whether you've fussed with the thing or not, there are certainly better tests, no?

1 hour ago, Quistess Alpha said:

I'm a bit confused as to how having something that doesn't belong on your right hand attached to your right hand actively makes organization easier for you, If you're using it as a litmus test for whether you've fussed with the thing or not, there are certainly better tests, no?

my preference comes from situation that the right hand is the default attachment point when a prim/object has never been attached prior. When a object has never been attached prior then right-click attach (without selecting a point) puts it on the right hand

can't remember now exactly when it got changed to the right hand (might of been when multiple attachments on a single point came in), but in the beginning the default attachment point was the head

from which came the box-on-the-head. New persons in those days would often ask: how do I get this box off my head ? It often happened because new person would  get a box of clothes.  Rez the box on the ground. They would right-click on the box and Wear (thinking that the clothes in the box would go onto their avatar)

Edited by Mollymews

On 7/27/2021 at 6:22 AM, Ellie4024 said:

Reason #75368 why I use Firestorm as my daily viewer. 

If Black dragon's controls and ui weren't so hard to use, I'd absolutely use it though.... As it feels like my PC likes it better (better frame rates, ironically) 

You can change them freely.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.