Unblocking a parcel stream to hear music again

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think I found the answer but I don't know how to do it.  On my current network access the music stream will not play but when I go over to another network it plays now I'm completely baffled by this as to why one network won't let me play it and the other one will.  Now I think I need to do a clean installation of Second Life so it asks me to allow cookies.  When I installed Second Life on a new machine it asked me if I would allow cookies or not, I clicked Allow and then suddenly the stream plays again.  Now on the blocked machine it won't play and I've tried a complete reinstall of Second Life but it does no longer ask me the question Second Life Uses Cookies Do I ALLOW THIS?  How do I get the installation of Second Life to ask me this question again?  I believe it will solve the streaming music problem.  Thanks for an answer in advance!

@Einsman Schlegel I suspect you may have run into the difference between a "reinstall" and a "clean install". The difference is in whether or not you cleared out all the viewer's settings files. You can search to find instructions for a Clean Install. Or search to find out how to RESET or CLEAR all viewer settings.

Or you can simply UNINSTALL the viewer and choose to remove all data during the uninstall. Then reinstall.

Learning how to control settings and tweak them will come in handy later. But, you have to be comfortable digging around in the viewer's program and data files.

Unfortunately cookies wasn't the answer, for some reason it was a connection issue with the ISP, so in saying another internet connection could solve the music streaming problem, apparently my ISP was blocking the stream so I couldn't hear it, but fixing the connection issue by getting a different connection would help that I had found in this difficult issue to solve.  SOO it wasn't a SL Viewer issue or FireStorm issue but it was an ISP connection issue.  NOW I'm able to hear music streams again with no issues.

I Trust this will help.

Einsman Schlegel

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.