Avatar fails to rez and remains a "white egg" - why does this happen?

Vanilo Quinzet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello Vanilo. If you see your avatar like a egg  means that your avatar isn't fully loaded. At first try to rebake your textures with Ctrl+Alt+R.

If it doesn't work for you, open your inventory, write something in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. After that, move to a region with less lag. Smith  or Lime or Aqua areprotected lands which arerecommended. There, try to change outfit. Choose one with just the necessary stuff (skin, shape, hair, eyes, pants and shirt) without any attachments.

If the problem remains, test your avatar. In Viewer 2 give the command: Menu Develop (Ctrl+Alt+Q) --> Avatar --> Character Tests --> Test Male / Female.

The last you can do for now is to clear your cache. In Viewer 2, give the command: Menu Me --> Preferences --> Setup --> Reset --> OK.

Relog in a protected land, open your inventory, type something in seach there and repeat the same process as i described.

Let us know if you fixed your problem or you need more help. Good luck.

I am experiencing the same issue, my avatar will not rez, it is a white cloud, it has been for WEEKS. I have tried rebaking (Ctrl+Alt+R), all the does is gives me a Ruthe shape with a NUDE default skin over my clothes, it's horrid. I have tried clearing my cache, no dice. I reinstalled the viewer, again no luck.

I'm running Viewer 2 version 2.7.2.233432

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.67 Ghz CPU on a XFX 680i SLI LT MOBO with nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512mb GPU

PLEASE HELP ME

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4681 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.