Looking to live in a Nice Community Rp Home

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This may or may not be very helpful, because it's not too specific. But I know this has been asked in the forums before, so maybe if you searched you'd find those topics. I know they got some answers. If I could remember the names of the rental communities I'd include the name(s) in this post. 

I thought about running something like that before but decided I don't want to be an SL landlord for various reasons. 

Maybe ask around at the busier adoption agencies? Families seem to gather in those. There could be some ad boards for places like that there too.

You might consider Turtle Falls, as well.  It's not a "family" theme in the same sense as Willowdale, Pleasantville, and the like... but is definitely a community, and there are families with child avatars that live here.

Really, though, it depends a lot on what your idea of role-playing is.  The word means so many different things to different people.  If you want to meet people who've written character histories and have ongoing plot lines that you'll be able to step up and take a role in, then I'm not sure where you would look.

We tend to describe Turtle Falls not as a role-playing venue, but just as a realistic, authentic residential community.  Some of our unique features include full-time bus service, actual 24-hour days (yes, our sun rises in the morning SLT, and sets in the evening SLT), a mix of outdoor sports, movies, a bar with live music and entertainment (for adult avatars, of course!), and automated management to protect against gesture spam, weapons, and other things that tend to disrupt the realistic theme in a lot of other community areas.  In other words, we've worked very hard to make this a place where you'll feel at home and comfortable in a modern-day authentic setting.   But as I said, we don't have a lot of plot or dramatic content; mostly just people hanging out with each other at home or various public places.

Look up a group called Retro Fetish. (Not like it sounds!)

It is the land group for a place called Serenity Point. That is a 1950s style sim with entertainment, commercial, and residential zones, according to its group description.

I see roads in its group photo. Whether you can drive on those roads, I don't know.

I haven't been there, I want you to know. I just saw it while browsing profiles. I saw the name of someone in the group list (by accident - no I wasn't stalking) who I used to know and who I don't think would join any bad groups. So on that shaky recommendation it's up to you whether to visit there or not. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Two of the longest standing ones are Pleasantville and Willowdale . Speaking for Pleasantville: We have a very active group of people who live there as families and interact with other families including many Kids (adults playing child avatars.) We also have the longest running Role play Elementary School there that many SLkids attend ( Hard Knock Elementary school.) Parents are often found picking up there kids from school after class time and some drive to school from the neighboring town. One of the coolest role plays there was the Trick or Treat event last october where SLkids ,with there parents whent Trick or Treating door to door.

• 5 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.