All my bookmarks and subscribed posts have disappeared! How do I prevent this from happening?

Govindira Galatea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello Govindira. It is no only for you. Here is the Announcement:

June 2-3, 2011 the Forums will be undergoing some restructuring. Please note that you will need to resubscribe to threads after the restructuring is done. Sorry for any inconvenience! Additionally, if you cannot locate a thread you created, please look at your profile page to see your posts and the associated boards. Moved boards or threads may now appear as not read yet. To fix this you can go to "My Settings" > Preferences tab > General. Change to "Mark posts as read: Automatically, when I log off" and Save. Log out and back in, then change your settings back to normal.

• Like 2

The worst loss is that of bookmarks, since there's no way at all to recover those without scanning through the whole forum. I bookmarked things I was interested in, but to which I did not contribute anything but my interest, i.e., I did not post to the thread. I bookmarked things thinking I wouldn't have to write them down or remember anything other than that I had bookmarked something.

If you read this, dear forum administrators, before next wiping out our bookmarks, please warn us for at least a couple of weeks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4689 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.