Duplicate chat lines

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been running into this for a while now. 

I'll type some in nearby chat or DMs and the entry will duplicate itself. I am using the latest Firestorm release (64-6.4.13.63251) on a Windows 10 desktop. I uninstalled the viewer for several months and used the viewer on my laptop instead. While I did not run into the same issue, running the viewer tends to overheat my laptop. So, I reinstalled it on my desktop and didn't have the issue for at least a week and now it's happening again. 

I've seen that it could be a wifi issue, but both my laptop and desktop are on the same wifi. I am unable to hardwire my desktop. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!

First thoughts are you're wearing something that listens to the owner and echoes it back. I'd suggest trying the LL viewer first because if you have anything with RLV-scripting,( which Firestorm supports), it won't work with the LL viewer. After that, try removing anything scripted you're wearing.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

16 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

First thoughts are you're wearing something that listens to the owner and echoes it back. I'd suggest trying the LL viewer first because if you have anything with RLV-scripting,( which Firestorm supports), it won't work with the LL viewer. After that, try removing anything scripted you're wearing.

Switched to the LL viewer and removed all scripted items and am still experiencing the double chat in nearby chat. Before switching viewers, it didn't seem like I was sending double chats as it's only showing up once for me. buuut the recipient is receiving duplicate chats. 

So...next suggestion?

@Mena RikiosYou state that you are using WiFi.  That is the source of your problems, though I'll be honest and say I don't know the reason other than it has to do with the pulsed nature of WiFi data transfer (that is all I have been told, sorry). That's not really going to be much use to you since you state that you cannot used a wired connection, though you might try restarting the router/modem and perhaps use the other frequency that is available to most routers.  Also I assume you are using the bandwidth setting of a maximum of 500Kbps that is recommended for WiFi connections (though with most data using http delivery why this matters is less clear to me).

I hope that someone with a better knowledge and understanding of WiFi can give you more assistance.

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 1

... or WiFi repeaters ... repeaters ... repeaters.  I have seen some silly WiFi "range extender" behavior.  I have also seen some long multi-path weirdness.  Both types of echos SHOULD be discarded by the WiFi adapters, but, some some are just crap.

Edited by Ardy Lay
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.