Second Life Lamentation

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

I don't even know what I'd call this compass; it doesn't appear to work based on some system of morality. It's up at least one frame of reference? Things either harmonize with it or they don't; it's very intuitive. 

The moral compass that had a far larger number of people than the group who took against me offer private support , friendly warnings , or voice dislike of the body against me . They all kept their mouths shut publicly though because they had to protect themselves .

I wonder where they all went when the scum was made club manager lol , I wish i could find it within me to care .

While learning to hate a few i lost all respect for the rest , so where do i go from there if i have no wish to let loose with the cold and callous evil i know is within me .

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, cunomar said:

The moral compass that had a far larger number of people than the group who took against me ...

...  the scum ... lol , I wish i could find it within me to care .

While learning to hate a few i lost all respect for the rest , so where do i go from there if i have no wish to let loose with the cold and callous evil i know is within me .

Well, since you asked...

We can call the subconscious mind the shadow because we cannot see it clearly and thus are not aware of it. The conscious mind is akin to the light because we can see it clearly and are aware of it.

What goes into our subconscious is everything we reject about ourselves — the unacceptable and unwanted bits.

The minute you say something about you is “bad,” you have a reason to suppress, ignore, and deny it. Even though the shadow is unseen, it affects everything we do.

When we deny an aspect of ourselves it doesn’t disappear. It just fades away from our conscious awareness. The shadow — with a life of its own — can affect our actions and life experiences heavily if we don’t pay attention to it.

We become adults and feel we should be able to handle life better, yet we keep falling into the same unhealthy patterns. That’s because the shadow operates outside of our conscious awareness, in the form of unconscious and limiting beliefs.

The shadow is an inner 
fragmentation that occurs within you. It’s almost like two different people are operating your life.

The reason positive aspects are contained in the shadow is that we are afraid of what people will think or react when we tap into it.

The shadow contains so much 
potential, gifts, and talents that haven’t been unearthed yet. Great things may end up in the shadow too.

Here are three ways to spot your shadow in action:

1. Projection

Many people project their issues onto others.

2. Triggers

A trigger is a reminder of past trauma. The surface events that cause conflicts in our lives are not just triggers — they are messengers that enable us to become conscious of something that is buried deep within us.

Pay attention to your triggers because they can show you your wounds and your shadow self easily. Try to catch your emotional triggers before you act out, not after.

3. Patterns

Repeating patterns in our lives point us to aspects of our shadow. Patterns are expressions of the shadow because the shadow mirrors itself into your reality to be seen and integrated.

The shadow wants you to become aware of it. It wants to be seen and accepted. Within these patterns, you will find aspects of your shadow self that will keep showing up in different situations until you are ready to look at them and break the cycle.

(While) it’s great to just focus on the light, it doesn’t make the dark go away. The dark is just on the other side, waiting for a time to show its face. And when it does, you may not be expecting it at all.

It's better to go looking so you can make peace with the shadow once and for all. If you are worried about what you might find, there is probably something important you don’t want to revisit. Instead of continuing to avoid it, you can see it as one more reason to do shadow work.

Shadow work isn’t a huge thing that requires years of planning. Shadow work is simply becoming aware of what’s hidden and gradually healing those aspects of yourself.

(excerpts from Shadow Work: A Simple Guide to Transcending The Darker Aspects of Yourself)

d470239ff1328dcbb7f013890c681ca1.png

People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person.  When someone is in your life for a REASON . . . It is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are! They are there for the reason you need them to be.  Then, without any wrong doing on your part, or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.  Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.  What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered. And now it is time to move on.

When people come into your life for a SEASON . . .Because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.  They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons; things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person, and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

~Author Unknown

----------------------------------------------------

The above is something that helped me get over the fact that my partner and my friends left me to rot a few years ago

Live, Learn, Grow, Accept that people are only human, And move on with your life.  Live for you and do what you enjoy.

The above is also something that helped me get over the fact that my latest partner dumped me when his RL got tough.

• Thanks 3

On 7/24/2021 at 4:27 AM, Chroma Starlight said:

Although we built a utopia, not everything has been utopic about virtual life. There is this disquieting sense of good people disappearing into this place and being gone, just gone, forever.

image.thumb.png.f56a59ea53c19e8d94427701cb6fddfa.png

And you're like. But... How can you stop connecting to your Second Life? What dream did you find that was better because I've yet to see its equal, not in eighteen years of searching. Where did you go? Where did your artfulness, your compassion, your uniqueness go? What happened to our friendships? Weren't these supposed to be lifelong things that accumulate? Did you guys ascend and use me a step-ladder? Where did you go? Why did you pull up the ladder behind. You didn't seem any "more special" than me, but  I'm still here, and you're gone. Does that mean I failed, or you failed? What are you doing now, or did you cease existing altogether the moment you stopped talking to me? Why'd you reject love and friendship and the building of larger units socially?

How can so many people, so many good people, just disappear from reality? Where are you now? How could you abandon me to be stuck in this most unmagical world with such unmagical people? But you abandoned me, so I know you're not magical, either. Are you dying in a bed of pandemic, wondering where it all went wrong? Are you living it up in a mountain compound in New Zealand? We could have done such amazing things. There aren't many people like me out there in this world, what did you discover that was better than the world we were building together, here? How could you all slip away without so much as  word, abandoning dreams and magic for ?????. 

I wonder if I will ever understand why things have been the way they've been. It makes no sense. It makes no sense why everyone stopped being wonderful and just disappeared.

That was a good essay. Not all your pieces are sensible, at least for me, but this one is.

I thought at first you meant to say "disappeared FROM SL and left you here". But you write disappeared "in" as if you are in RL -- but then you make clear you're in SL...so I'm somewhat confused on this point but that may have been intentional.

The Better Worlds that Silicon Valley builds do not work. Be thankful if they at least don't worsen the world.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.