Second Life Lamentation

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Although we built a utopia, not everything has been utopic about virtual life. There is this disquieting sense of good people disappearing into this place and being gone, just gone, forever.

image.thumb.png.f56a59ea53c19e8d94427701cb6fddfa.png

And you're like. But... How can you stop connecting to your Second Life? What dream did you find that was better because I've yet to see its equal, not in eighteen years of searching. Where did you go? Where did your artfulness, your compassion, your uniqueness go? What happened to our friendships? Weren't these supposed to be lifelong things that accumulate? Did you guys ascend and use me a step-ladder? Where did you go? Why did you pull up the ladder behind. You didn't seem any "more special" than me, but  I'm still here, and you're gone. Does that mean I failed, or you failed? What are you doing now, or did you cease existing altogether the moment you stopped talking to me? Why'd you reject love and friendship and the building of larger units socially?

How can so many people, so many good people, just disappear from reality? Where are you now? How could you abandon me to be stuck in this most unmagical world with such unmagical people? But you abandoned me, so I know you're not magical, either. Are you dying in a bed of pandemic, wondering where it all went wrong? Are you living it up in a mountain compound in New Zealand? We could have done such amazing things. There aren't many people like me out there in this world, what did you discover that was better than the world we were building together, here? How could you all slip away without so much as  word, abandoning dreams and magic for ?????. 

I wonder if I will ever understand why things have been the way they've been. It makes no sense. It makes no sense why everyone stopped being wonderful and just disappeared.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

You would have thought that any of us would have tried to stay in contact? How do you get through life letting all your friends and peers just slip away through you fingers? What makes you decide to abandon such wonderful people? Did someone put a gun to your head?

image.thumb.png.c7b0011b08d5f908f9bd2e60a09a5003.png

Just now, Theresa Tennyson said:

It's interesting how your descriptions of other people's lives seem completely centered around you and how you assume they can't be doing anything worthwhile now that they're not associated with you anymore.

Is that what you tell yourself in your strange late-life isolation? That it must be your fault somehow that a US signals intelligence officer conspired with a few select Mithraist others to hoodwink an entire community and destroy you and your family by trying so hackishly to manipulate reality itself into something so spiritless and untrue that it never was and never will be? 

• Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.